Charter buses reserved for women's protest march dwarfs inauguration numbers.

WalkenWouldOwn

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Thoughts on this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-for-the-womens-march/?utm_term=.f91dcd82d716
"City parking permits for 200 buses are being sought for Inauguration Day. The number for the Women’s March: 1,200"

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a52277/more-buses-for-womens-march-than-inauguration/
"At Least 1,000 More Buses Have Applied for Women's March Parking Than for Inauguration Parking"

I get that if Breitbart or Infowars is not reporting it then it's not credible to some people. But I work in the industry and have seen this first hand developing over the last couple months and found it interesting.

Not sure if it matters, but for Obama's inauguration there was massive demand for people to go see history in person. For Trump there has been minimal demand, especially compared to the demand for the march the following day.

Trump sold out stadiums throughout his campaign, so where is everyone? Are his supporters just going to bask in their victory and watch on TV? Do they think DC is a literal swamp and they don't want to get wet? Are they all going to ride in on their tractors instead of taking buses? What's the deal?

Not surprised; someone's got to make all the sandwiches. And sweep up afterwards.;)

This is what the march says it stands for BTW, from their site

We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families - recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.

OUR MISSION
The rhetoric of the past election cycle has insulted, demonized, and threatened many of us - immigrants of all statuses, Muslims and those of diverse religious faiths, people who identify as LGBTQIA, Native people, Black and Brown people, people with disabilities, survivors of sexual assault - and our communities are hurting and scared. We are confronted with the question of how to move forward in the face of national and international concern and fear.

In the spirit of democracy and honoring the champions of human rights, dignity, and justice who have come before us, we join in diversity to show our presence in numbers too great to ignore. The Women’s March on Washington will send a bold message to our new government on their first day in office, and to the world that women's rights are human rights. We stand together, recognizing that defending the most marginalized among us is defending all of us.

We support the advocacy and resistance movements that reflect our multiple and intersecting identities. We call on all defenders of human rights to join us. This march is the first step towards unifying our communities, grounded in new relationships, to create change from the grassroots level up. We will not rest until women have parity and equity at all levels of leadership in society. We work peacefully while recognizing there is no true peace without justice and equity for all.

HEAR OUR VOICE.

Not sure if it matters, but for Obama's inauguration there was massive demand for people to go see history in person. For Trump there has been minimal demand, especially compared to the demand for the march the following day.
Obama was the first black president that was able to hoodwink retards into believe hope and change, of course he'll have the biggest crowd

>where is everybody?

not using charter buses i guess, driving their own cars?

I wonder how this compares to the Bush inaugurations. D.C. always reports over 90% Democrat during presidential elections, and Maryland and Northern Virginia aren't much different. Trump has been pretty polarizing, so it's no surprise that a lot of Democrats are coming out to protest him. Is it possible that Republicans, particularly this one, are often protested against more than Democrats? Should we be surprised that this one is getting it somewhat more than most? Not sure this is really a story, but rather facts taken out of context.

I wonder how this compares to the Bush inaugurations. D.C. always reports over 90% Democrat during presidential elections, and Maryland and Northern Virginia aren't much different. Trump has been pretty polarizing, so it's no surprise that a lot of Democrats are coming out to protest him. Is it possible that Republicans, particularly this one, are often protested against more than Democrats? Should we be surprised that this one is getting it somewhat more than most? Not sure this is really a story, but rather facts taken out of context.

That's possible - I wasn't in the business yet when Bush was inaugurated so I can't speak to it unfortunately. I am also from New England, so it's a liberal area which skews my customer base and anecdotes of course. But I was still surprised that more southerners weren't heading out to support Trump. It's a 6 to 8 hour drive from where I am to DC so plenty of republican territory within similar distance.

Makes sense...they're going to be lining up in the hopes of getting their pussies grabbed...

I don't understand the hate Trump gets from the LBGT crowd. The guy has pretty much been an ally for decades. He supported same sex marriage years before Clinton.

Every rational adult knows that nothing bad will happen to the LGBTQ crowd under Trump. No rights will change for women. Why are adults so gullible.

It blows my mind.

I agree for the most part, hopefully that is one area of progress where we won't move backwards.

There are gullible folks on all sides though.

Thoughts on this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-for-the-womens-march/?utm_term=.f91dcd82d716
"City parking permits for 200 buses are being sought for Inauguration Day. The number for the Women’s March: 1,200"

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a52277/more-buses-for-womens-march-than-inauguration/
"At Least 1,000 More Buses Have Applied for Women's March Parking Than for Inauguration Parking"

I get that if Breitbart or Infowars is not reporting it then it's not credible to some people. But I work in the industry and have seen this first hand developing over the last couple months and found it interesting.

Trump sold out stadiums throughout his campaign, so where is everyone? Are his supporters just going to bask in their victory and watch on TV? Do they think DC is a literal swamp and they don't want to get wet? Are they all going to ride in on their tractors instead of taking buses? What's the deal?

Maybe people are driving there. Just a thought.

That's possible - I wasn't in the business yet when Bush was inaugurated so I can't speak to it unfortunately. I am also from New England, so it's a liberal area which skews my customer base and anecdotes of course. But I was still surprised that more southerners weren't heading out to support Trump. It's a 6 to 8 hour drive from where I am to DC so plenty of republican territory within similar distance.
The voices of opposition are always louder than the voices of support. Either way, I'm not really that concerned. The only poll that matters happened in November. There will be another one in two years, so let's see what happens then.

Back