Charlo-Lubin, Hurd-Trout, Lara-Gausha - Showtime Triple, 10/14

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
BoxingScene.com has been informed that an announcement is imminent regarding a Showtime tripleheader including the Charlo-Lubin bout from Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Houston’s Charlo (29-0, 14 KOs) will defend his WBC 154-pound championship against the 21-year-old Lubin (18-0, 13 KOs), a highly regarded contender from Orlando, Florida.

Showtime’s tripleheader will include two more super welterweight title bouts.

charlo-lubin.jpg

In Showtime’s opening bout, Jarrett Hurd (20-0, 14 KOs), of Accokeek, Maryland, will make the first defense of his IBF junior middleweight title against ex-WBA champion Austin Trout (30-3, 17 KOs), of Las Cruces, New Mexico. The main event of the telecast will match Miami-based Cuban southpaw Erislandy Lara (24-2-2, 14 KOs) in a defense of his WBA super world super welterweight title against Cleveland’s Terrell Gausha (20-0, 9 KOs).

A press conference to officially announce the October 14 tripleheader is expected to take place sometime next week in New York.

The three fights Showtime is set to air are among five televised bouts Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions has put together for October 14. Showtime’s tripleheader will immediately follow FOX’s broadcast of tune-up fights featuring featherweight champions Leo Santa Cruz and Abner Mares from StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Santa Cruz (33-1-1, 18 KOs), of Rosemead, California, has agreed to defend his WBA super world featherweight championship against Chris Avalos (27-5, 20 KOs), of Lancaster, California, in the FOX main event. Mares (30-2-1, 15 KOs), of Montebello, California, will make the first defense of his WBA world featherweight title against Mexico’s Andres Gutierrez (35-1-1, 25 KOs) before Santa Cruz and Avalos square off.

Santa Cruz, who beat Mares by majority decision in August 2015, and Mares have reached a financial agreement for a rematch that is to take place within the first quarter of 2018 if they win their respective tune-up bouts October 14.

FOX’s doubleheader will be off the air October 14 before Showtime’s tripleheader begins.

The October 14 card is expected to be the first of two within a three-week span at Barclays Center.

Charlo-Lupin will be a great fight I like them both, but jermell isn't on his bruhs level I hope Lupin wins.

Good card, but on same night as a FOX car with Leo Santa Cruz and Abner Mares. Don't like having to pick between good, exciting cards D=p>

Good card, but on same night as a FOX car with Leo Santa Cruz and Abner Mares. Don't like having to pick between good, exciting cards D=p>
Showtime airs right after at 10pm. Unlike NBC, CBS, and ABC, Fox primetimes ends at 10pm.

The Fox card had potential to be kick ass but ruined it with dog-crap matchups. I'd like to see Mares/Frampton and Santa/Selby which were totally do-able fights.

WBA junior middleweight champion Erislandy Lara is hoping that his next fight, against undefeated Terrell Gausha, will be the final step before facing the other champions in his weight division.

Lara's fight with Gausha will top a Showtime televised tripleheader on October 14 from Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Two other world champions in the division will defend their titles on the card. Jermell "Iron Man" Charlo (29-0, 14 KOs) will defend the WBC junior middleweight title against mandatory challenger Erickson "Hammer" Lubin (18-0, 13 KOs), while IBF chmapion "Swift" Jarrett Hurd (20-0, 14 KOs) will make his first title defense against tough former world champion Austin "No Doubt" Trout (30-3, 17 KOs).

erislandy-lara%20(6)%20(720x480)_1.jpg

The 29-year-old Gausha (20-0, 9 KOs), of Cleveland, Ohio has never faced anyone even close to the level of Lara. In his last two outings, he won a hard-fought decision over Steven Martinez last August and followed it up with a victory over Luis Hernandez on Feb. 10.

Lara (24-2-2, 14 KOs), by far, has the edge in experience with fights against fighters like Canelo Alvarez, Trout, Alfredo Angulo, Carlos Molina, and several others.

The Cuban fighter is not overlooking the abilities of Gausha, but plans to put him away and then go after the winners of the IBF, WBC titles fights.

"This is an interesting fight versus an undefeated U.S. Olympian in Terrell Gausha. I know he will be ready because it's his opportunity to beat the best fighter in the division and become a champion. But come fight night, he will quickly realize and know why I'm the consensus No. 1 super welterweight in the world. After this performance, I look forward to, one-by-one, adding a WBC and IBF title to my collection," Lara said.

lara-gausha%20(3).jpg

The Premier Boxing Champions event is headlined by Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara defending against undefeated Terrell Gausha plus hard-hitting unbeaten champion Jermell "Iron Man" Charlo taking on top contender Erickson "Hammer" Lubin and "Swift" Jarrett Hurd making his first title defense against tough former world champion Austin "No Doubt" Trout.

lara-gausha%20(8).jpg

hurd-trout%20(3).jpg

The Premier Boxing Champions event is headlined by Erislandy "The American Dream" Lara defending against undefeated Terrell Gausha plus hard-hitting unbeaten champion Jermell "Iron Man" Charlo taking on top contender Erickson "Hammer" Lubin and "Swift" Jarrett Hurd making his first title defense against tough former world champion Austin "No Doubt" Trout.

i hope lara wins impressively and gets more fights afterwards.

It's a quality card. Lara shouldn't have much issue with Gausha, but Hurd/Trout and Charlo/Lubin are really compelling fights. I'm leaning towards Trout and Lubin winning.

Looking forward the most to lubin vs charlo

What a card. Lubin/Charlo will be awesome, if Lubin wins, does he fight the bro next?

What a card. Lubin/Charlo will be awesome, if Lubin wins, does he fight the bro next?
That would be awesome but I think the other charlo moved up in weight. Probably faces the winner of Hurd va trout!! For the other title

Hopefully two of the winners fight each other so we can get a big fight in this division. Still a good card though to build things up.

You got 5 boxing matches in a row all involving key players in the boxing game right now.
And each card is keeping it in one division.
Good job by PBC.

Back