Charlize Theron James Bond Campaign

James Bond is the one of the few movie series that I actually care about. You can make the Transformers into a bunch of robots having gay sex on camera for 90 minutes and I wouldn't care; turn every comic book character into a transvestite and it won't bother me; turn Sherlock Holmes into a gangbanger and a flourishing rap career and it won't make an ounce of difference to me. But leave Bond, man. I don't care if you make him black (although Elba is a bad choice for this role), but he needs to be a smooth-talking dude who knows his way around a gun and the bottom of a martini glass.

I thought about it and reached this conclusion:

The next James Bond should be a monkey. Make it a chimp and you've got equality, and a movie I can laugh at for 2 hours while drinking. Funny prop shots, the monkey playing off a cast playing it straight, him doing kissy faces in the bedroom scenes, the possibilities are endless and I'm not just saying this because I'm super progressive. It's because I'm drunk too.

007..... the 7 in the logo is a banana! This is so good it might already exist. But let's make it happen anyway.

Idris Elba would be a good James Bond. Charlize would be shit.

jesus fucking christ. not a big fan of Bond franchise, but this is retarded.
get yourself a new spy novel series and cast anyone you want in it. why do you need to push your bs into an established franchise? scared much that otherwise your feminist bullshit will tank harder than Titanic (the ship)?

"I've got an idea for a movie Hollywood would like.
It's called The Last :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: In The World, starring Tom Hanks."

I have no problem with Elba he is british...but Theron is south african, so why?

As long as she's still banging chicks I'm ok with this

Idris Elba would be fine with me...great actor, I'm sure he could pull it off well. Not sold on the female Bond idea, Bond is a dude, let it go ffs. I'm far from a right winged person, but this overt PC movement is beyond tiresome, imo. Now I have to go, gotta do my 20 daily self-lashings for being a white man.

tumblr_ln0sehtExM1qe99na.gif

I see literally no biological difference between the traditional action movie hero protagonists (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Dolph Lundgren ans Jason Statham etc.) and the new action heroes (Angelina Jolie, Rachel McAdams, Cobie Smulders and Charlize Theron). The former protagonists can have periods and birth children from their intestines and the latter can beat up 10 trained special forces mercenaries at a time easy. Only small-minded bigots won't enjoy these facts being celebrated on the silver screen.

Last edited:
James Bond is a code name, not a real person. It is given to an 007 agent.

I'd much prefer Elba cast though. He'd be badass.

However Theron or any female James Bond would be a mistake for the franchise. The push back would be immense, and sure the first one might do well because all the feminist types who have never seen any of the other 24 Bond movies would go out of their way to watch at theaters and probably more than once - but it would be a 4-5 movie contract and subsequent Theron as Bond movies wouldn't carry the same "social justice" relevancy so all the feminists would stay home while all those who boycotted the first would still boycott the second.

bond should really be a paraplegic transexual asian midget. anything less would make you a bigot.

James Bond is a code name, not a real person. It is given to an 007 agent.

I'd much prefer Elba cast though. He'd be badass.

However Theron or any female James Bond would be a mistake for the franchise. The push back would be immense, and sure the first one might do well because all the feminist types who have never seen any of the other 24 Bond movies would go out of their way to watch at theaters and probably more than once - but it would be a 4-5 movie contract and subsequent Theron as Bond movies wouldn't carry the same "social justice" relevancy so all the feminists would stay home while all those who boycotted the first would still boycott the second.

The problem for me is that I think if you cast anyone but a white englishman as the lead in Bond you actually lose a lot of what made the series unique in terms of greater depth. Granted most of the bond films down the years were fun romps but the ones that did take themselves more seriously basically played up the idea of Bond as a privlaged white male with the legacy of colonialism/sexism and general self destructive emotionally repressed behaviour, the Craig films especially have pushed this hard and I think its a lot of what made them interesting.

What I could see working though is Theron being a co lead in a Bond film similar to Fury Road, the series has kind of played with this before with Kurylenko and Yeoh but never really commited to giving there characters the same depth as Bond. As I said before I actually think the best thing about SPectre was that they gave Lea Seydoux a character with some depth to her but if we don't see her again and especially if the lead changes I wouldn't mind seeing Theron, her and Hiddleston(always been the clear choice beyond Craig for me) could I think be very effective.

Personally my view with Ghostbusters is that the kickback was MUCH less to do with "social justice" than it was the film being a bland modern comedy without either the dry wit or the lovecraftian dread of the original.

Last edited:
They should use an Indian guy for Bond complete with Indian accent

Ironically I could actually see that working better than a black/female Bond with the colonial connection and potential link into the british establishment, someone like Irrfan Khan.

Last edited:
jesus fucking christ. not a big fan of Bond franchise, but this is retarded.
get yourself a new spy novel series and cast anyone you want in it. why do you need to push your bs into an established franchise? scared much that otherwise your feminist bullshit will tank harder than Titanic (the ship)?

I'd agree somewhat but I think you can equally argue that in Hollywood today franchises have become key to getting big films made, just starting off a high end(as in $100 million+ budget) action film franchise with a female lead is not something that happens much. in that respect I think making existing franchises more inclusive is needed although again Bond does seem uniquely tied to the lead bein a white English male not just in history but in the way the films work.

He's gotta talk like Apu from the Simpsons or it's not going to work

"come again" as a one liner after he's offed someone.

Back