Charlie Rose fired by CBS/PBS for sexual harassment

you can be conservative, christian, not a creep, and not be freaked out by women other than your wife
th
And yet, Pence insulated himself from scandal by his personal policy. Will your picture for this post change should Dubya find himself on the chopping block like his father?

Sadly, the front page of the War Room is better than the front page of most news websites now. With the exception of a couple of threads like this, there real news being spoken about.

You go on all the other news websites, it's the non stop stories about sexual assault and misconduct. People are eating this up too.. instead of worrying about real news stories, people are treating world news like a yellow journalistic, tabloid rag talking about this garbage. Great, so and so was creep... who fucking cares except the people involved and maybe an employer. Why don't we all just read TMZ every day instead for our personal gossip fill... I mean who needs to know about real policy, domestic and foreign.. having to dig below ten stories about this to get to something that affects almost everyone.

I'm not trying to slight Madmick here for this thread by any means, it's more or less a generalization about the media and the people who eat this shit up.
Someone called in to Mark Levin yesterday telling him media, pundits, and commentators should all be focusing in on getting the pedophiles out of Hollywood and leadership roles.

Levin's response?

"Ok, but you need to understand, I wouldn't have the faintest idea where to begin or how to do that" and continued to begrudgingly cover the basics about all these stories and quickly move on to other stuff.

To me, the high coverage of these cases is exposing which persons are real journo's/pundits etc and which are out to boat the biggest fishes with political bounties on their heads.

At the same time, each case is unique, and any reporter etc who is earnestly trying to inform people on all the facts and on the specifics and nuances is trying their best in a shitstorm of a topic to cover.

Also, since this wave of allegations and firings etc is monstrous and (if not already, then soon) looking likely to have many connected persons being aware of the behaviour, I can give a bit of a pass to those in the business of making it seem more important than everything else going on, because it's such a new phenomenon, salacious, click baity etc.

I will agree there is a chance that innocent people will be wrongly implicated in the furor, but I don't think we're at that point yet.

At least some industries are left where broads know their place

amirite
Lol!

No, I'm just thinking about stories I've heard people in the industry tell about the general respectfulness and care existing between the actors/production staff.

For such a maligned industry, when you fuck your coworkers with witnesses for a living you don't have a need to get naughty for real. Or something like that.

According to Trump they did.

Money > everything, when it comes to the majority of women, but surely you knew that.

Apparently not though, as evidenced by the recent slew of allegations against rich men.

The reason I can't stand it is precisely because it's much larger than these few figures. It's a concerted effort on the part of MSM to exact a culture change. My brother told me they had a massive sit-down with all the men in their office, and they basically told them, "Look, it's no longer safe to have relationships with female co-workers, at all. There is a witch hunt out here, and we have to be careful, because it can consume our company, too."

This is affecting office environments across the nation, and only one gender is subject to the gauntlet. Do not underestimate the impact and gravity of the TMZ-ification of our political newspapers; this is a folly.

The scariest thing I've seen, is the agenda being pushed right now, that if you're a man facing accusations, you have no right to deny them or defend yourself. I've been seeing this for the last little while. Men are being demonized for denying accusations against them, like it's completely out of this world that the women accusing them are lying, and it's appalling to even suggest such a thing. It's so insane, and from all these panels I've seen discussing the issue, they all seem to be in agreement that we must always believe any and all sexual assault/misconduct allegations brought forward. Like how dare you even question it, you piece of shit.

I have yet to see a person on one of these round table discussions just speak some common sense and go "Whoa, whoa, whoa! What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Does nobody see the incredible danger of giving people this much power? That people can be destroyed overnight, by a mere accusation? Accusations, mind you, that have no statute of limitation on them? If you were at a bar with a prominent figure in the 80's, you can just accuse them of assaulting you, or harassing you, and it's just taken as fact? Am I only sane person on this panel?"

It's only a matter of time before men clue into this though, and the pendulum swings back the other way, and we're back to square one. Look at all the guys who tried to do the right thing, and offer some atonement for actions that in some cases, they don't even remember. They're getting fucking annihilated. The argument that it's the better option to come clean, is a joke. A few more months of this nonsense, and guys, guilty or not, are just going to start lawyering up, and saying "Prove it". The public will follow suit, once these cases start being challenged more frequently, and then there goes your whole movement, ladies.

They better leave The Brave Little Toaster out of that stuff.
Wasn't Jon Lovitz the voice of the vacuum cleaner?

Tough to tell if someone will get accused ahead of time.

Earlier today I was thinking about the dude at Nickelodeon and all the stories, and my mind wandered to Salute Your Shorts and got a weird chill of a double entèndre from it...

Lol!

No, I'm just thinking about stories I've heard people in the industry tell about the general respectfulness and care existing between the actors/production staff.

For such a maligned industry, when you fuck your coworkers with witnesses for a living you don't have a need to get naughty for real. Or something like that.

I guess James Dean is the exception that proves the rule.

I loved The Brave Little Toaster when I was a child.

Me too. I'm hoping Lasseter comes out of this with his hands clean.

Unless he's guilty. Then down the drain I guess. But it's still a downer.

lulz, it's funny because you guys don't know how to act around women without making them uncomfortable or feel assaulted.

Was the scene described of her on her hands and knees saying "do me baby" over and over still in the script with Meg Ryan?

As a fellow Giblert it saddens me that she had to go through this. Aren't there disturbing stories of how Pa (Michael Landon) used to treat people? Or was that just domestic stuff?
Looked it up, I was thinking about his third wife the last eight years of his life. She was a 25 y/o makeup artist and he was 46 when they started dating.

Gilbert actually says he always made her feel safe, despite his smoking and drinking addiction.

What do you mean by "he flipped the car"? Would we not like him when he's angry? :)

Nooo not Jack!!!!

This is not thread worthy, but I am going to post this in a couple of sexual harassment threads:

The Lefties seem to have thrown Lena Dunham under the bus for saying a black woman is lying about Dunham's friend raping her.

Vox:

Lena Dunham accused a woman of lying about her rape. It fits her controversial past.

To make matters worse, Perrineau is a woman of color, and Dunham is a powerful, wealthy white feminist using her position to discredit Perrineau’s allegations.

Dunham has since apologized for her statement, but the damage is already done. Her reputation has most likely taken a permanent hit.

Sadly, the front page of the War Room is better than the front page of most news websites now. With the exception of a couple of threads like this, there real news being spoken about.

You go on all the other news websites, it's the non stop stories about sexual assault and misconduct. People are eating this up too.. instead of worrying about real news stories, people are treating world news like a yellow journalistic, tabloid rag talking about this garbage. Great, so and so was creep... who fucking cares except the people involved and maybe an employer. Why don't we all just read TMZ every day instead for our personal gossip fill... I mean who needs to know about real policy, domestic and foreign.. having to dig below ten stories about this to get to something that affects almost everyone.

I'm not trying to slight Madmick here for this thread by any means, it's more or less a generalization about the media and the people who eat this shit up.
100% that's why I don't feel like an idiot when people say "oh yea, if thats fake news then where do you get all your non fake news from?!?" And my response is here and other forums like this.

We can wade through the bullshit and discuss it on these forums. Mainstream news is literally telling us what to think, pitting us against one another.

If we could get over our stupid tribal teams and calling each other names because of them wed probably be able to come up with great ideas.

Back