Charles Woodson and UofM/Ohio State

aashmore

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Woodson is arguably the best wolverine of all time (was better than Brady as a college player) and he is from Ohio. And I believe was the best Ohio high school football player or at least won the "mr football" award

Any football history aficionados on here that might know why he chose Michigan over Ohio State?

The only info I can find online is that he was a Michigan fan? I'm from the Detroit suburbs and that sounds odd considering the rivalry

Any input would be awesome. Currently watching the "football life" special about him and I'm a bit late into it. Maybe it was mentioned

His older brother was a Michigan fan growing up. That's it, really (his own words).
Desmond Howard also came out of OH. That's why it's always funny to me when Michigan fans talk shit about them because they'd be kinda screwed without all the talent in the Buckeye State.

Edit: Harbaugh and their beloved Bo also hail from OH.

He went to Michigan because he didn't want to get a shit education.

He's from near Toledo. That area prolly has a higher % of Michigan fans than Ohio State. Kind of part of an extended metro area with Detroit much more than it's connected with Columbus

Because hes not a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

vBfpcDJ3.jpg

GO BLUE!!

Back