Charles Oliveira Constantly Asking The UFC to Go Back Down to 145 is Ridiculous & Annoying

He clearly takes a better shot at lw. He was fragile as fuck at fw
A half-assed right hand to the chest (not even the liver) had him acting like he Cub Swanson whipped out a shotgun and hit him point blank

1 more chance but if he fails to make weight ufc cuts him.

1 more chance but if he fails to make weight ufc cuts him.
Why give him the opportunity to miss 5 times in one weight class? 3 strikes is already too many chances as it is, he's missed 4.

He should stay at 155 for sure. I would like to see him fght Gilespie next. He can test Gillespie on the feet and from his back.

Last edited:
Punishment for missing that much weight should be moving up two weight classes

He once missed weight by an entire weight class. That's right, for those that don't remember, he came in weighing 155 for a 145 pound fight. He lost, too, got tapped by Lamas.

Stay at lightweight, Oliveira.

I know it's really weird how he keep saying he wants to go back to a buck 45.

When your last attempt to go to 145 resulted in weighing in at 155, I think the UFC is justified in keeping you at LW. And he's doing fine at 155.

Olieveira deserves another chance at 145. If you put on awesome performances like he has you deserve some extra latitude. 11 submissions is bananas. The fighters at 155 are way to big for Olieveria. He's a skinny dude. If he locked on that submission he locked on paul felder on any 145, all would tap.

Not only that but he's shooting himself in the foot fighting at 145. He has no durability when he cuts that much. He crumbles every time he gets hit hard at 145. He absorbs harder shots from bigger guys at 155 easily because he actually has fluid cushioning his brain.

Probably just thinks that the way things are now, if he misses weight but wins his fight he'll get a title shot.

If he agrees to fight Zabit(since everyone is ducking him) i say give him a chance and hope Zabit accepts a last minute catchweight

Agree. He should be thankful the promotion didn't cut him for being so unprofessional, especially coming in at 155. That's just absurd.

Olieveira deserves another chance at 145. If you put on awesome performances like he has you deserve some extra latitude. 11 submissions is bananas. The fighters at 155 are way to big for Olieveria. He's a skinny dude. If he locked on that submission he locked on paul felder on any 145, all would tap.

Now this is an absolutely insane viewpoint that a surprising number of people on here have in their heads, for whatever reason. Oliveira is a big, jacked LW and should in no way be considered skinny at all. He has the frame of a decent-sized WW and I can think of maybe 3 guys at 155 that are bigger than him. He's a huge LW and was probably the biggest FW we've ever seen... well, he was sometimes, anyways. He didn't get the sub on Felder cuz Paul is tough as hell and was able to keep him from locking him in the right position to get the tap, although his initial response to the D'Arce was completely incorrect.

Charles will never be champ at 155 cuz he doesn't have the mental toughness and pain tolerance required to hang with the monsters at the very top, but his ultra-aggressive submission style is a nightmare for the majority of the top wrestlers at LW, and his stand up is very underrated. All in all, an entertaining (huge) LW that belongs where he is right now and for the foreseeable future/the rest of his career.

Back