Charles Oliveira Constantly Asking The UFC to Go Back Down to 145 is Ridiculous & Annoying

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Nice submission win for Charles Oliveira on Saturday to give him 11 career UFC submissions and the most in UFC history, a really cool accolade to have. With that being said, "Do Bronx" needs to stop fucking asking the UFC to grant him permission to go back down to 145.

He's missed weight at FW FOUR times. 4! Here are his misses:

UFC 152 vs. Cub Swanson (148)

UFC Fight Night 50 vs. Nik Lentz (150)

UFC on FOX 17 vs. Myles Jury (150)

UFC Fight Night 98 vs. Ricardo Lamas (155, a whole fucking weight class)

Despite these huge misses, most not even close, Oliveira is insists that Featherweight is his weight class and after each and every win he begs the UFC to allow him to go back down, it's one of the most annoying things I've witnesses in a post-fight interview. You've missed more than almost if not every other fighter in the UFC and have no business going down a weight class.

It makes me want to see him get rekt.

He missed weight too many times so..

nope-gif-10.gif

3rd miss and up to the next class. Doesn't need to be one after another. 3 in same weight class

OR

let's go full pride mode and forget the weight classes and ridiculous super fights that are discussed recently.

To me, 2 or more weight fails within a certain class should equal an automatic mandatory move to the weight class above.

Sick of fights getting ruined because these guys are cutting to "Machinist" levels to try and gain a size advantage over their opponents. Fight in your proper weight class or gtfo.

Agreed. He should be forced to stay at 155 after missing weight 4 times at 145.

Dude is still a big lw too. He was clearly bigger than Giagos in there.

3rd miss and up to the next class. Doesn't need to be one after another. 3 in same weight class

OR

let's go full pride mode and forget the weight classes and ridiculous super fights that are discussed recently.
3 strikes seem excessive. 2 sounds about right.

Agree, it is hard to understand. The guy is doing a great job on 155, it is where he belongs. His striking game is pretty better on LW.

Old bug eyes needs to suck it up and accept being a LW.

Too many misses. UFC is doing the right thing with him.

Nice submission win for Charles Oliveira on Saturday to give him 11 career UFC submissions and the most in UFC history, a really cool accolade to have. With that being said, "Do Bronx" needs to stop fucking asking the UFC to grant him permission to go back down to 145.

Despite these huge misses, most not even close, Oliveira is insists that Featherweight is his weight class and after each and every win he begs the UFC to allow him to go back down, it's one of the most annoying things I've witnesses in a post-fight interview. You've missed more than almost if not every other fighter in the UFC and have no business going down a weight class.

To me, 2 or more weight fails within a certain class should equal an automatic mandatory move to the weight class above.

Sick of fights getting ruined because these guys are cutting to "Machinist" levels to try and gain a size advantage over their opponents. Fight in your proper weight class or gtfo.

I like Do Bronx, but fuck him if he cant make the weight with a McGregor like advantage at FW

Dude is still a big lw too. He was clearly bigger than Giagos in there.
Yeah he was. He isn't small. I can't understand him wanting to be at 145. He hasn't even looked all that great at 145 either, his worst losses are there imo.

I wholeheartedly agree with the 3 strikes and you're out rule

Should just appreciate that he has the record and should stay focused on developing his skills that way he can compete at LW and be a contender.

Yeah he was. He isn't small. I can't understand him wanting to be at 145. He hasn't even looked all that great at 145 either, his worst losses are there imo.

I think its just a mental confidence issue thing more than anything else. Just like McGregor he feels more confident when he's the bigger man in the cage

4 times is absurd. Has he missed weight at 55?

DO Bronx for first UFC Men's Strawweight Champion!

No excuses for missing weight that many times. He can stay at 155.

4 fucking times.

If you were a featherweight, you would make featherweight bro.

Mark-Zuckerberg.jpg

if he wants to try one more time he should try with a guy like lockhart or something. but as it was said, he has missed a lot of times and by 5 pounds usually

He clearly takes a better shot at lw. He was fragile as fuck at fw

Back