Changing the average MMA fans perspective on Terry Etim

There's zero casual relationship at work here, your point and ts' point are fucking retarded.

I didn't make any point, other than that your point was unrelated to the discussion at hand.

Maybe there's a causal relationship, maybe there's not.

BUT the use of the d'arce DID increase dramatically after Etim finished a fight with one. That's actually a fact.

So, your the genius, what DID cause that to happen?

Relentless paul Taylor.

Went to war with paul Telly's Kelly

Head kick kod gabe ruediger

The most exciting British fighter
In the history of UFC

that's right. apparently my memory isnt great. i thought he was some new guy.

isnt paul daley the most exciting british fighter?

Does anybody know what happened instead of assuming he was done with the Barboza KO Reel mentions?

Quality post TS. The UFC needs to address this and overhaul the policies that are in place for fighters and fighters after their stint. It's sad how many fighters suffer the consequences of the sport with little to show for it while Dana and fertitas laugh their way to the bank.

Terry was a solid fighter. It's too bad many talented guys are only known for their losses and downfall.

I didn't make any point, other than that your point was unrelated to the discussion at hand.

Maybe there's a causal relationship, maybe there's not.

BUT the use of the d'arce DID increase dramatically after Etim finished a fight with one. That's actually a fact.

So, your the genius, what DID cause that to happen?

Nothing 'caused' it to happen.

Robert drysdale subbed Marcelo with it in the finals of the open weight adcc division back in 2007. I was training bjj/mma at that time. Everyone was using the darce after that, mma fighters included.

It's a weird statistic, but I don't think etim should be getting praised for it. Drysdale should be the one getting the respect for it.

Also, Kendall grove tapped belcher with a darce at UFC 69. First one in UFC history, but I still think it was drysdale who made it really explode in popularity.

that's right. apparently my memory isnt great. i thought he was some new guy.

isnt paul daley the most exciting british fighter?

I like Daley but Taylor was literally my fav fighter for the longest time so I can't pick against him. Daley is damn exciting too tho.

Nothing 'caused' it to happen.

Robert drysdale subbed Marcelo with it in the finals of the open weight adcc division back in 2007. I was training bjj/mma at that time. Everyone was using the darce after that, mma fighters included.

It's a weird statistic, but I don't think etim should be getting praised for it. Drysdale should be the one getting the respect for it.

Also, Kendall grove tapped belcher with a darce at UFC 69. First one in UFC history, but I still think it was drysdale who made it really explode in popularity.

Well... but UFC 69 was in April of 2007, and the 2007 ADCC was in May.

And then there wasn't another d'arce in the UFC until Etim got submission of the night with one over two years later in June of 2009.

I don't disagree that your own analysis of events is reasonable... but crediting Etim is at least equally reasonable, considering the facts on the ground.

A lot of stuff happens at the ADCC that never makes its way into MMA until someone goes ahead and pioneers it in MMA.

Well... but UFC 69 was in April of 2007, and the 2007 ADCC was in May.

And then there wasn't another d'arce in the UFC until Etim got submission of the night with one over two years later in June of 2009.

I don't disagree that your own analysis of events is reasonable... but crediting Etim is at least equally reasonable, considering the facts on the ground.

A lot of stuff happens at the ADCC that never makes its way into MMA until someone goes ahead and pioneers it in MMA.

Yea I know it was earlier, that's why I said grove tapped belcher with one at UFC 69, but I still think drysdale is the one who made it super popular when he caught Marcelo with it.

I'll meet you halfway on this cause you seem like a good natured dude. If you think etim is the reason the darce became popular instead of drysdale, that's cool, I wont try to change your mind anymore.

No disrespect to etim btw I was never a fan of his but I do hope he recovers and gets his life back on track.

Yea I know it was earlier, that's why I said grove tapped belcher with one at UFC 69, but I still think drysdale is the one who made it super popular when he caught Marcelo with it.

I'll meet you halfway on this cause you seem like a good natured dude. If you think etim is the reason the darce became popular instead of drysdale, that's cool, I wont try to change your mind anymore.

No disrespect to etim btw I was never a fan of his but I do hope he recovers and gets his life back on track.

Funny thing is, I was never taking a side. Just making the point that TS had offered a valid take on the situation. Yours is equally valid.

Funny thing is, I was never taking a side. Just making the point that TS had offered a valid take on the situation. Yours is equally valid.

Just realized you have a 2007 join date like me. Respect. 2007 was a great year for mma.

Back