Changing From Bodybuilding To Boxing

Hi guys
I just wanted to get some opinions and some advice to change my body and alter it to be conditioned for boxing I've done BJJ and a bit of boxing for about 2 years, however I haven't worried about my physique as I haven't had to compete or thought about taking either MMA or boxing seriously until recently. I'm looking at changing my 18 year old 6ft 2 220 LB frame to a frame more or less like Andre Ward. I'm not looking to compete in heavyweight I would prefer to compete in Super Middleweight - Cruiser Weight so in essence I'm looking to cut and get in prime condition for the ring, to be fair I have no idea where to begin so I would really appreciate any bit of feedback and positivity I can get to make this happen, I basically just want to always be in excellent shape so I don't gass and have to take breaks in my training because I'm battling to breathe, I want to just be able to take my boxing training to the next level and be in top competitive shape all year round
Drop the weights, energy spent in the weight room is wasted, how many more punches could you have thrown at the bag if you hadn't lifted weights in the morning? How many more power shots could you have practiced with that energy?

The training you recieve from a legit boxing coach will naturally tone, shape, and more importantly condition your mucles to move and throw punches with efficency.

Do a body weight routine after your regular boxing to increase muscular endurance and stability if you want do extra.

I just switched about s year ago from just lifting to everything I do in the gym geared towards kickboxing.

Your probably pretty tight from just lifting, I would start doing yoga or some kind of stretching for mobility to loosen up your muscles.

Also jump rope and plyometric type stuff.

I still lift but i focus more on endurance and explosiveness type lifts now

Good luck. Its much more fun imo training for striking than to be a giant, just takes time for your body to transition

Back