Changed my mind bout Dillashaw

RicksonsGrip

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else had a change of hearts about Dillashaw in the last few weeks. I used to view him as a sore loser after he kept on whining about getting "his belt" back from Dom Cruz, and also sorta thought he got lucky by not getting knocked out by Garbrandt in that first round of the first fight...

But after seeing him destroy Garbrandt the second fight and the JRE interview, i actually respect him a lot and i think hes one of the smarter guys in the UFC, i now understand why he was calling out MM and have very little doubt he would beat him... a very smart and and cerebral fighter, im now a fan

TJ is probably the most fan friendly champion(that defends belts), and has proved he is a p4p elite monster. If you don't like TJ you don't like MMA IMO

EDIT(due to confusion): I strictly mean the fighter TJ, IDGAF about what he does outside of the cage but the guy is a brilliant, complete, constantly improving active champ. He is must see TV if you enjoy MMA. Sorry if it seemed i meant liking TJ the person. I'd watch reality t.v. if i wanted to find out about personality. I watch prize fighting to watch the best fighters compete!

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of him in terms of how he acts (same as Cody -Both can be douchey lil dudes) tbh, but he might be one of the most complete mixed martial artists competing today, and I will certainly tune into all of his fights. He has an entertaining style and skill-set.

TJ is probably the most fan friendly champion(that defends belts), and has proved he is a p4p elite monster. If you don't like TJ you don't like MMA IMO
That’s a very common-sense answer.

I don’t think he’s the smartest or most articulate guy, but he’s a fighter for crying out loud. And a damned good one. And he obviously improved after leaving TAM.

I was wondering if anyone else had a change of hearts about Dillashaw in the last few weeks. I used to view him as a sore loser after he kept on whining about getting "his belt" back from Dom Cruz, and also sorta thought he got lucky by not getting knocked out by Garbrandt in that first round of the first fight...

But after seeing him destroy Garbrandt the second fight and the JRE interview, i actually respect him a lot and i think hes one of the smarter guys in the UFC, i now understand why he was calling out MM and have very little doubt he would beat him... a very smart and and cerebral fighter, im now a fan
Good fighter. His skills are top notch I just don’t like how he is during training and sparring. Did you guys see that video where he straight up suckers that Asian kickboxing champion? That was some hoe shit

His fights are definite must watch TV. Guaranteed fireworks every time

Good fighter. His skills are top notch I just don’t like how he is during training and sparring. Did you guys see that video where he straight up suckers that Asian kickboxing champion? That was some hoe shit

Takeru. Yes.

What the fuck was that?

Fighters aren't role models. They are prize fighters. Always keep that in mind when watching anything they do outside of handing out beatings for money

Not a huge fan of him in terms of how he acts (same as Cody -Both can be douchey lil dudes) tbh, but he might be one of the most complete mixed martial artists competing today, and I will certainly tune into all of his fights. He has an entertaining style and skill-set.

My thoughts exactly!!

I've liked tj since tough. I became a real fan after the barao fight. Not because he became champ, he just looked fuckin outstanding in that fight (against a guy who hadn't lost in like 30+ fights). I like cerebral fighters too - like anderson. If TJ is fighting I am watching. End of story.

I kinda like him too. that video of him sucker punching his training partner makes it hard though, what a bitch move.

maybe he's a cunt, so what? He's insanely talented and it's a pleasure to watch him fight.
Sure he is, nobody is questioning that.

I've been a fan of Takeru for years. TJ suckered him 2-3 seconds after the horn. Dickhead move.

TJ is awesome I forgive him for being a douchebag sometimes just for shutting up Cody twice.

Hes an exciting fighter and I like how he went and got a snake tattoo lol. He mad dogged me irl once but that's ok.

Sure he is, nobody is questioning that.

I've been a fan of Takeru for years. TJ suckered him 2-3 seconds after the horn. Dickhead move.

I question it, but I'm saying it's irrelevant.

TJ is a douche but I too have become more of a fan after his absolute destruction of Cody neck tats in the rematch.

He’s fun to watch fight.

He is a little monster. Fun to watch too.

Back