Championship Fights Should Always End In A Finish

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Agree or disagree? Should there be a rule that says all title fights have to be concluded in a finish of some sort, or else the bout is declared a draw?

I would be down, but some/most viewers wouldnt. Imagine GSP sapping the life out of a man for 57 minutes

If Cain Velasquez/JDS II had to go past the 5th round, I think JDS would have died.

I wouldn't be completely against it, but can you imagine Franklin/Loiseau being declared a draw?

If this was a rule, Sean Sherk would still be fighting Kenny Florian right now.

4utt1ll.jpg

Edit: Didn't read your OP, butt fuck it. Championship fights end in a finish or they go extra rounds.

This doesn't make any sense, and as stupid as Sherdog can be, I'll admit I'm even kind of surprised to see that some people actually agree.

no rounds.
finish only.

that's my dream.

Agree or disagree? Should there be a rule that says all title fights have to be concluded in a finish of some sort, or else the bout is declared a draw?

Disagree. A finish isn't necessary to know who's won a fight.

What about the winner of the decision gets one free "finishing" move on the opponent who has to keep his hands down.

Can be anything, arm break, powerbomb, uppercut,

mortal kombat was awesome :)

That’s like saying Sherdog posts should always be logical

I honestly don't know of any professional or World level combat sports where a fight only ends if someone gets a finish. And there's probably a rather good reason for that. Look at how obscenely hard it is to get fighters consistently ready to throw down on their scheduled bouts now, particularly without non USADA substances to help recover form injuries. Imagine how much exponentially worse it would get if every fight had to have a finish even if it went past 8 or 9 rounds or so.

Anderson Silva finished 9 of his 11 title wins (10 of 12 if you count Lutter).

They used to have this and the fights were shit. No one wants to spend that long watching a fight in 2018.
that's why I said it's MY dream. not the world's. most people are morons who get bored. they are interested in nuance, strategy and willpower.

that's why I said it's MY dream. not the world's. most people are morons who get bored. they are interested in nuance, strategy and willpower.

I doubt it'd be your dream if you actually had to sit through it

If no finish then they have to take turns taking full power face punches. The one left standing wins.

GTFO

Back