Chael-Wanderlei. Which of these unlikely finishes is most likely?

Which of these unlikely finishes is most probable?

• Total voters
Chael tapping Wand is super likely & what I predict. Him KOing him is the right answer here & also not so unlikely as Wand is older & hasn't fought in four years.
I honestly think his brain having time off will be good for his 'chin'

I agree with all that except - does Chael have KO power?
I base it more on the chin of Wand (plus another 4 yrs) than the power of Chael. He does have 7 finishes via strikes, but only one is a legit KO- a standing flying knee KO.

I think Chael has to KO him with strikes from the guard.

At this stage of their careers nothing would really surprise me unless it was a weird submission/KO (switch kick by Shale, twister by Wanderlei etc.). If Wand fights emotionally he can get caught by a punch and we all know his recovery isn't the same as it used to be. I think the fight will end in a finish within the first round.

We know wanderlei can and will take a beating. We know Chael will rollover and quit when things go bad.

I would find it hard to imagine wanderlei would tap to anything by Chael.
Chael will tap to strikes.

One guy is a legendary fighter cut from a different cloth from fighters today. Chael is a fraud and a quitter.

With that said I still like Chael but I'd like wanderlei to make his head look like an old rotten gourd

I can see chael winning 1 or 2 rounds with takedowns and gnp until the 3rd round if wanderlei connects with a hard shot I can see chael crumbling into a tko finish. He always looks for ways out during fights when he meets adversity

Chael by sub imo, as Wand's always had great sub defense, and that type of skill & grit rarely goes away. Chael throws pillows and controls the top, so UD it is.

Chael has one of the most deadly and surprising guillotines in MMA. Sonnen takes it in the 1st
Happened to Rua. Wand needs to be careful. Hoping the unlikely win of Wand tapping Sonnen (which won't be tough) but maybe something Wand won't do unless desperate.

racist thread reported

where's the option "Wanderlei KO Sonnen"

I can see Sonnen laying on Wand for as long as he can. I can also see Sonnen quitting via TKO after a glancing blow lands and he turtles.

Both might be somewhat trashed fighters at this point, but at least Wanderlei is likely to actually try.

Hope Wand stomps Chael out.

Also what's up with the poll saying Wand is more likely to Sub Chael (18 to 12) then KO him?

<JagsKiddingMe>

I honestly think his brain having time off will be good for his 'chin'
I guess so. But wasn't Wand also in the hospital during his time off...?? I never got full details on that whole thing but remember hearing he was in bad condition at one point...

Chael tapping Wand is super likely & what I predict. Him KOing him is the right answer here & also not so unlikely as Wand is older & hasn't fought in four years.
I think the most unlike the outcome would be a draw.

Chael via spinning shit

Wanderlei Kardashian finishing this fight is any way, shape, or form is not unlikely. It's downright impossible.

#BadGuysInc
#AmericanGangster
#Wrestlefuck

lol@ everyone predicting the outcome in a scripted cagefight. Ok Vanderlei might not be 'in the know'.

Thread should be titled: "Which way will Chael Sonnen try to lose the fight first?"

Chael has no chance in winning this fight. I wish Vegas took Bellator bets, Sonnen is -170! INSANE.

The guy is the new Bob Sapp.

I guess so. But wasn't Wand also in the hospital during his time off...?? I never got full details on that whole thing but remember hearing he was in bad condition at one point...
ya, thats right. i cant remember why, either.
He looks worse physically (althoh better than last year when Crocop wanted him.
I just have formed a belief that we, in this sport, dont respect concussions and brain damage enough. Watching a guy like Arlovski seemingly recover his chin over time showed me that maybe its just a case of not enough time off after a big KO (and who knows how hard they are sparring in their gyms) Wand had a glass chin towards the end, but he fought Hendo a few months after Crocop KOd him, and then Chuck that same year! Really unsafe, imo. Then, his chin seemed a lot better against Stann, well, he hadnt been knocked flat for a few years, since Leben, i think.
We will see. I think he is going to look like shit, but his chin should hold up to Sonnen's punching, I would hope anyways.
Sonnen, if he had any heart, would take this walking away, but he folds if a good one lands, so we will see.

Back