Chael-Wanderlei. Which of these unlikely finishes is most likely?

Which of these unlikely finishes is most probable?

• Total voters

Goodfella86

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Which do you consider more likely:

A. Chael knocks Wanderlei out cold

B. Wanderlei taps Chael with an armbar or triangle from the guard

C. Chael taps Wanderlei with a guillotine or arm-triangle, after passing

I, too, can see Wanderlei creating a scramble and then attacking Chael and getting a TKO finish as he folds. I can also see Chael riding him for the decision. That's not the discussion I'm looking to create here.

Wanderlei has just one submission in all of his fights: a rnc over a sloppy, dirty brawler named Bob Schrijber. But he has proven to have a great guard. Defensively, he's excellent- never been tapped- but even offensively, he's underrated.

He has locked up armbars (and a triangle) on many great fighters like Saku, Rampage, Yoshida, and Hunt ( I think). But he never finished.

Chael has taken out a few guys with strikes, but the only time he ever shut someone's lights was when he hit a flying knee. (That actually happened). He's got gnp stoppages over a few decent fighters like Tim Credeur and Amar Suloev, but they were tkos. Wanderlei is the kind of guy who doesn't get tko'd; historically, you have to shut his lights or wait for time to run out.

Of course, nothing would really surprise me since both guys are in their late 60's, but I'm interested in the possibilities nonetheless.

Chael tapping Wand is super likely & what I predict. Him KOing him is the right answer here & also not so unlikely as Wand is older & hasn't fought in four years.

E. Wanderlei wins a decision.

Is it 3 or 5 rounds as not sure who it will benefit if its a 5 rounder.

E. Wanderlei wins a decision.
Lol could you imagine? I literally cannot.

That's about as likely as a draw. I can't imagine Chael ever losing another decision, especially to a killer like Wanderlei.

Is it 3 or 5 rounds as not sure who it will benefit if its a 5 rounder.
Non-title fights are only three rounds in Bellator. Only the UFC does five round non-title main events.

Can't see how Wand submits Chael...when was the last time Wand submitted anybody ? I'm not even sure if he ever has...Chaels the superior grappler. Hell, Chaels got more chance of ko-ing Wand than Wand does submitting Chael.

Wanderlei almost sub'd Bisping. Another example of how pathetic Bisping is.

images

I'm gonna come and get whoever has the water bottle.....by TKO

I think Chael via KO is most likely of the improbable finishes.

Chael winning via sub is least likely, imo. Chael is great positionally and had good chokes, but Wanderlei has always shown great guard skills. In all of his fights, he has never even really been in too much danger of being tapped. I suppose he could be so old that it's more likely nowadays, but I still think the only two ways to beat him are by decision and clean KO.

I cant see Chael winning other than grinding to decision. I do however see Wandy going berserker and ko'ing him

Chael has one of the most deadly and surprising guillotines in MMA. Sonnen takes it in the 1st

Could see a Chael sub, it's what I picked on tapology
Wands gunna be dog tired and an arm triangle might be there

I think Chael via KO is most likely of the improbable finishes.

Chael winning via sub is least likely, imo. Chael is great positionally and had good chokes, but Wanderlei has always shown great guard skills. In all of his fights, he has never even really been in too much danger of being tapped. I suppose he could be so old that it's more likely nowadays, but I still think the only two ways to beat him are by decision and clean KO.
I agree with all that except - does Chael have KO power?

Back