Chael sounds very emotionally distraught IMO?

He sounds fine. He also interviewed with with Ariel and Gil. Do you want him to puss out like Mcgregor or Rousey?

Well he has lost to the two worst fighters on the bellator rosta
<Gordonhat>

No worries bud. I shouldn't be saying things like I said. Can't lie, I keep seeing people saying that the fight was a fix, but there's just no way. Chael wouldn't throw a fight against one if the greatest ever. He has talked mad shit about PRIDE for years, how it was fake fighting and fixed fights. No way does he pull that against PRIDE's greatest champion. He wanted that fight, I'm sure this loss will haunt him, and trying to pull off that roll in particular. He was a mid level at best grappler trying to pull off a high level move against one of the best of all-time. Just a critical lapse of judgment on Chael's part.

Anyway, sorry bud. You're ok in my book.
Nah you’re good man. I think the ‘fix’ talk comes from the idea that Chael is one of the most ‘pro wrestling’ guys in MMA at the moment, people sometimes forget he’s a real fighter.

Nah you’re good man. I think the ‘fix’ talk comes from the idea that Chael is one of the most ‘pro wrestling’ guys in MMA at the moment, people sometimes forget he’s a real fighter.
I suppose it is understandable. He plays the heel, even says he does. He's a real fighter though, and even when he loses these fights he is still dangerous and has his moments (except for the Jones fight, maybe. Haven't watched that one in a long time). Hell, up until the ends of both Silva fights he was winning. He isn't a scrub, despite what a lot of people think. And he isn't a fight thrower either. Just a game wrassler who is prone to losing the big fights. Once his will is broken, there's no turning back.

Well, one of the last things he promised his dying father he would do was win a championship some day (he even broke character and teared up during the build to the fight with Wanderlai when he was recounting this story) and this might have been his last chance at obtaining that dream. He was only two wins away from becoming champion. He probably is feeling devastated on the inside.

He apparently promised his dying dad that he'd be champion. Maybe that's where it comes from.

It was a pretty pathetic performance.

At one point he had side control then for a reason I don't understand he did a forward roll onto his back which resulted in Fedor getting on top and pounding his face in. Backs up the claims by some people that it was fixed but I don't know..

Well, one of the last things he promised his dying father he would do was win a championship some day (he even broke character and teared up during the build to the fight with Wanderlai when he was recounting this story) and this might have been his last chance at obtaining that dream. He was only two wins away from becoming champion. He probably is feeling devastated on the inside.

Couldn't he challenge for Bellator gold again at a different weight class? It would legit be nice to see him win a championship, he's obv a nice person irl.

Couldn't he challenge for Bellator gold again at a different weight class? It would legit be nice to see him win a championship, he's obv a nice person irl.

He's the #1 contender at 205 in Bellator.

He probably realises he’s lost all his legacy fights and will be remembered for always being the nearly guy. Sad but true.

Yep.

Hes a Fitch/Florian type guy. Had some good wins, was near the top for a while, but never could become 'the man'

Yep.

Hes a Fitch/Florian type guy. Had some good wins, was near the top for a while, but never could become 'the man'

He is the man for taking on the GOATs in three different weight classes without hesitation.

He is the man for taking on the GOATs in three different weight classes without hesitation.

Nah. I'd get in the ring with Fedor tomorrow for 250k. It means fucking nothing.

There was a japanese guy who had two MMA fights. One against Fedor and one against Cro Cop lol

He didn’t sound distraught at all. Don’t know what you think you’re seeing ts.

Back