Chael Sonnen's last 12 fights were all against champions and 3 GOAT's in 3 different weight classes

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
Say what you want about Chael and the primes of these fighters, but he went 6-6 (in his last 12) in 3 different weight classes against some tough fucking guys. The dude will never turn down a fight.

I'm not a fan boy either. I get a kick out of Sonnen's talk, but it's still good to see Fedor picking up some momentum in the twilight of his career. I just thought I would give some credit where credit is due.

(L)Fedor- Former Pride HW Champ, Goat HW and arguably the greatest of all time.

(W)Rampage- Former UFC LHW Champion

(W)Wand- Former Pride MW Champion

(L)Tito Ortiz- Former UFC LHW Champion

(L)Rashad Evans- Former UFC LHW Champion

(W)Shogun Rua- Former UFC LHW Champion and Pride MW Grand Prix Winner.

(L)Jon Jones- Was the UFC LHW Champion when they fought and arguably the greatest of all time.

(L)Anderson Silva- Was the UFC MW Champion when they fought and arguably the greatest of all time.

(W)Micheal Bisping- Went on to be the UFC MW Champion

(W)Brian Stann- Former WEC LHW Champion

(L)Anderson Silva- (See Above)

(W)Nate Marquardt- Former king of Pancrase and went on to be the Strikeforce WW champion

Last edited:
Problem is, he morphs into FAIL Sonnen when he gets in Legit challenges. He has the mind, but not the heart.

Chael sonnen has become the official goat benchmark.

If you even want to be mentioned in goat talks then you have to have beaten sonnen. Lol

Sorry Gsp khabib DC and dj

Jk

Some guys beat the rest but not the best. Is normal.
Amazing strength of schedule though if not unprecedented. I'm a fan.

He has nothing but my respect. As game as they come, and never wanted any opponents but the best.

I like Chaels resume of fighters. But man he doesn't want be in a battle. He turtles and taps everytime. He uses self-deprication to fool the main stream. And it's worked.
But old Chael won't ever admit it

Problem is, he morphs into FAIL Sonnen when he gets in Legit challenges. He has the mind, but not the heart.
While I agree with you 99% of the time, I have to disagree here. I think his losses are more technique based. You don't see him give up when he's in trouble, he just gets "caught" at important moments. The Fedor "roll", getting subbed by Anderson and Filho late speak more to poor understanding of situations and what to or not to do. Just my opinion....

His wrestling is still there but I think his punches look a lot slower now. I don't know if it is the wear & tear or extra weight.

Chael 'I actually fought that guy/legend' Sonnen

Granted, some of them were way beyond their prime, and he lost a lot those fights, but still...
That's a very long/impressive resume of MMA legends you'll be able one day to tell your nephews you fought.
Pretty cool.

Back