Chael Sonnen reacts to his Bellator 208 loss to Fedor Emelianenko

yes it would be but the mans ego I am sure took a bit of a hit. Give it time and he will give us an interview. You got what you paid for already
I get what you’re saying.

But, every big fight, the loser’s ego always gets bruised a little. Every big fight in recent memory, there’s always a press release or post fight interview from the winner and loser.

Maybe Khabib is to blame because I’m pretty sure McConner would have given his post fight words to Rogaine

I get what you’re saying.

But, every big fight, the loser’s ego always gets bruised a little. Every big fight in recent memory, there’s always a press release or post fight interview from the winner and loser.

Maybe Khabib is to blame because I’m pretty sure McConner would have given his post fight words to Rogaine
ya maybe if it wasn't for the brawl he would have gave the post fight speech and a press conference. I really miss the group post press conferences they had before. I wonder why they do the solo interviews now. Why change such an entertaining part?

ya maybe if it wasn't for the brawl he would have gave the post fight speech and a press conference. I really miss the group post press conferences they had before. I wonder why they do the solo interviews now. Why change such an entertaining part?

Probably it forces the media to focus on just the one fighter. When everyone was together in the same room with Rousey, most questions were directed at her and the other fighters didn’t get their due

Probably it forces the media to focus on just the one fighter. When everyone was together in the same room with Rousey, most questions were directed at her and the other fighters didn’t get their due
good point but I still miss it. We wouldn't have had the gold post fight with rockhold and bisping and other classic moments.

But would be interesting to hear what he has to say now.

He already addressed energy efficient vs Diaz, composure vs Floyd... we just paid the guy $70 USD to watch him get in the Octagon after all the talk and promo. It’s already been a week. The least he could do is give an excuse or something

No chance he will say Khabib is the better man. He still thinks he was out boxing Floyd early. He reckoned he had more speed and skills, but Floyd only had more composure. His ego will never allow him to admit when a man is better.

I honestly think the loss to Khabib will hit him REAL hard. As many on this forum have already mentioned, he had moments in the Diaz fight. He had very little against Khabib. The one decent round he had was the third and I think Khabib chose to stand with him to prove a point.

Conor was a monster at 145 and still a very good fighter at 155. However, the aura is now gone and I am not sure he has it in him to get it back. He would need to completely change his lifestyle and his approach to his weakness (try an new team).

I think he is too rich and comfortable with his life to make the changes needed.

Also chael just says it like it is. I am not always a fan of the man, but fair dues to his honesty.

Also chael just says it like it is. I am not always a fan of the man, but fair dues to his honesty.

On some level.. because Khabib and Fedor are Russians and Chael and Conor have mic skills etc... Chael’s Post fight interview is refreshing because it’s kind of like what many people want to hear from McGregor.

Where are the talks that "Sambo sucks" ,lol?

Very cool of Chael, I am not his biggest fan but he is a really cool guy, have to give him that.

We may have seen him lose, but did it really happen or are our eye's just lying to ourselves?

Chael P. Still undefeated, and undisputed.

I think Fedor knocked him retarded lol

He must've suffered a couple concussions. He sounds very off here

I think Fedor knocked him retarded lol

He must've suffered a couple concussions. He sounds very off here

He literally sounds completely normal and articulate, especially directly post fight. People make up the strangest shit in their heads sometimes.

Amazed so few people aren’t saying sonnen looked like he threw the fight

I guess now that the smoke has settled Chael didn't do that bad in this tournament, he made it to the semi finals being a former middleweight.. He got to fight Fedor and earned the man's respect after the fight.. That's a lot to be proud of for a night's work.

Hespect to Chael. Great career, he's making the most of the end of it and has fought legend after legend lately. He only just beat Rampage and Wanderlei, so the guy is still a fiery competitor.

Fedor just got it done today

Back