Chael Sonnen on Mayweather: Jealous Racist?

I'm calling Sonnen a (likely) racist, because he's playing to age-old racist tropes that white men have used against black men, to deride their intelligence.

As a so called marketer and businessman, Sonnen should have nothing but respect for the way Mayweather has cultivated and marketed his brand for years. And it takes smarts to do what Floyd has done. Unless Sonnen himself is too dumb to realise this, then his estimation of Mayweather's "intelligence" seems more likey built on racist tropes. Just my opinion.

Lol at floyd being broke. maybe one day but dude just cut a quarter-BILLION check

He got a quarter billion check from fighting Manny and then 1 year later he couldn't even pay his taxes on time. He is living beyond his means.

Millions 'aint enough when you want to live like you have billions.

you're implying there's only one way to gauge intelligence. that's false. textbooks, algorithms, and formulas are some of the few ways to gauge intellect. elon musk is intelligent one day, floyd is intelligent in another.

No. All you're doing is generalizing the word "intelligence" to such a degree that it has lost its meaning. Floyd is intelligent in no way--but he's good at fighting.

Yes, let's speculate on Sonnen's racism Sherdog.

Chael has quite happily shown his racist side in the past. He is proud of it.

I'm sure a majority of his followers also fall into the "white supremacist" column. They think his racial taunting is funny. Pretty sad.

No. All you're doing is generalizing the word "intelligence" to such a degree that it has lost its meaning. Floyd is intelligent in no way--but he's good at fighting.

what you're doing is being a slave to the dated ass idea that standardized testing and school curriculum are the only way to gauge intelligence.

someone who has no intelligence does not become as successful as Floyd. he does way more than just fight. stop being a cunt.

He's more intelligent than any other combat athlete that's for sure. He marketed himself to become the biggest draw in boxing and bought out his deal to create his own promotion. If that aint intelligent than what is it?

Chael has quite happily shown his racist side in the past. He is proud of it.

I'm sure a majority of his followers also fall into the "white supremacist" column. They think his racial taunting is funny. Pretty sad.

I've listened to Sonnen a fair amount, using my life experience, understanding human values, seeing a correlation of several values and pattern recognition has lead me fairly well in being aware of shitty people.

I'm more suspect of you saying all this without evidence and summing up a majority people.

Feel free to present your facts and opinions, but I'm not convinced Sonnen's opinions are motivated by race.

He's more intelligent than any other combat athlete that's for sure. He marketed himself to become the biggest draw in boxing and bought out his deal to create his own promotion. If that aint intelligent than what is it?

dude doesn't like that you can use intelligence in ways other than just hitting textbooks and chasing degrees to earn money and be successful.

reminds me of those dudes in school that would study, study, study and then get outdone by someone who had good people skills and can network their way to success. "BUT, BUT, HE'S NOT SMART!!"

what you're doing is being a slave to the dated ass idea that standardized testing and school curriculum are the only way to gauge intelligence.

someone who has no intelligence does not become as successful as Floyd. he does way more than just fight. stop being a cunt.

You're a slave to liberal indoctrination which has tricked some people into thinking that there's an outdated definition of intelligence. Basically, liberals are trying to placate to the dumb dumbs by telling them that there's no such thing as intelligence or IQ.

All that stuff should be common sense to a person with normal human intelligence. By the way, it's not Floyd doing the marketing and business work. It's the people he is surrounded by. But, again, it doesn't take much intelligence to figure out that you should surround yourself with people with good business sense once you start making a lot of money.

Chael is jealous and Floyd is far from broke. The guy makes money off of boxing, sponsors, his businesses and his properties

You're a slave to liberal indoctrination which has tricked some people into thinking that there's an outdated definition of intelligence. Basically, liberals are trying to placate to the dumb dumbs by telling them that there's no such thing as intelligence or IQ.

and now you're trying to making this into a partisan issue, even though more of the non-college educated population voted right in the last election?

it's fuckin' crazy to me that you don't understand that intelligence in any given field won't translate to intelligent into other fields, which is exactly the opposite of what the traditional measures of intelligence are defined by.

skills and expertise require intelligence, but skills and expertise won't always equate to testing well or academics.

and now you're trying to making this into a partisan issue, even though more of the non-college educated population voted right in the last election?

it's fuckin' crazy to me that you don't understand that intelligence in any given field won't translate to intelligent into other fields, which is exactly the opposite of what the traditional measures of intelligence are defined by.

That's because colleges in the US are liberal indoctrination camps, churning out emotionally sensitive people who hate gun rights and free speech.

I've listened to Sonnen a fair amount, using my life experience, understanding human values, seeing a correlation of several values and pattern recognition has lead me fairly well in being aware of shitty people.

I'm more suspect of you saying all this without evidence and summing up a majority people.

Feel free to present your facts and opinions, but I'm not convinced Sonnen's opinions are motivated by race.

You may recall in the lead up to one of the Silva fights, Chael basically calling Brazilians "mud people". He cleverly avoided using that exact term, as that would then be easy for people to call him on, so he worded it in such a way as to say it without specifically using that phrase exactly. That is a sign of a well-practiced racist.

And his fan base LOVED it!

All that stuff should be common sense to a person with normal human intelligence. By the way, it's not Floyd doing the marketing and business work. It's the people he is surrounded by. But, again, it doesn't take much intelligence to figure out that you should surround yourself with people with good business sense once you start making a lot of money.

Floyd made a lot of moves that suggested his intelligence and ultimately put himself in a position of wealth no boxer has ever seen before. Deciding not to renew his contracts with Bob Arum to manage his own career was something almost unheard of. Floyd paid 750 thousand dollars to get out of his contract and bet on himself. He changed his persona, from Pretty Boy Floyd to Money Mayweather. A heel turn that drove up his popularity insanely and made him the boxer fans loved to hate. That's not buisness adivsors. That's Floyd. None of what he's done would be possible if he didn't have to foresight and intelligence to make several key changes himself.

That's because colleges in the US are liberal indoctrination camps, churning out emotionally sensitive people who hate gun rights and free speech.

Yep, edumacation bad, white supremacy, guns, tobaccy, and ignorance good!

totally. so it's only the people who protest the evil, liberal post secondary education, bunker up with their guns, and troll around on the internet using their free speech to discredit the intelligence of everyone who used something other than algorithms and formulas for success that are the real intellects of the world.

Back