Chael Sonnen on Mayweather: Jealous Racist?

Slippage

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Chael "Ameican Gangster" Sonnen" has been commenting on Floyd Mayweather, calling him a "dumb, dumb" who is broke. Sonnen has been saying this about Mayweather for awhile, and there's a whiff of condescending racism to the way he talks about Mayweather.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/27/chael-sonnen-floyd-mayweather-boxing-ufc-broke/

First off, what the hell does Sonnen know about Mayweather's finances? It truly sound like Sonnen can't deal with the fact that this African-American "dummy" is a thousand times more wealthy than he could ever dream of being. Jealousy is an ugly emotion, Chael.

Secondly, Mayweather is clearly one of the smartest sports personalities ever in terms of marketing and self promotion. He may not be book smart or well read (neither was Muhammed Ali, who was also fiercely intelligent), but Mayweather has the sort of practical intelligence needed to navigate the media and sports entertainment business, and succeed on an almighty scale Sonnen could only dream of.

Chael constantly calling him a "dummy" to boost his own fragile superiority complex and ego is ridiculous. It sort of reeks of racism (don't @ me fragile Sherbros). He's a lot richer than you Chael, and in many ways, a lot smarter.

Last edited:
Yes, let's speculate on Sonnen's racism Sherdog.

giphy.gif

He's pretty dumb though. Can't even read.

Silly Chael, he forgot you can only make fun of/call dumb white people (and Asians, they're pretty much white when it comes to privilege).

Shut down his podcast and fire him from Bellator.

Anyway, I think Chael is right. Floyd is dumb.

Dude can't even read, do you expect him to know how to spend his money?

This is a dumb race baiting thread.

Ban OP.

in terms of boxing knowledge and self promotion, the guy is a genius. but there's a lot of context clues that he's probably operating with a very low iq. chael is just being chael when he's calling him a dumb dumb. but when you see the lifestyle that Mayweather lives (the houses, the private jets, the jewelry, etc etc) it's pretty obvious that he's blowing through his fortune. so in that regard I completely agree with chael. Floyd needs to fight again because he's addicted to his super flashy lifestyle and he's running out of dough. but it'll be in boxing

Not really. You can be incredibly intelligent and be barely literate.

Naw, Yari is clearly attempting to boost his own fragile superiority complex and ego. It sort of reeks of racism.

Floyd is smarter then Sonnen in fight 100% but in knowing all about world Sonnen knows more information

Chael Sonnen is an angry individual

he was a company man
he got on his knees for Dana & Lorenzo
and they gave him 80/80 and no PPV points
Now he has to see fighers like MM get PPV points and it angers him

Fake news Meltzer also pretended Chael got PPV points because he is a retard and a fraud

in terms of boxing knowledge and self promotion, the guy is a genius. but there's a lot of context clues that he's probably operating with a very low iq. chael is just being chael when he's calling him a dumb dumb. but when you see the lifestyle that Mayweather lives (the houses, the private jets, the jewelry, etc etc) it's pretty obvious that he's blowing through his fortune. so in that regard I completely agree with chael. Floyd needs to fight again because he's addicted to his super flashy lifestyle and he's running out of dough. but it'll be in boxing

I disagree with the notion that Floyd is blowing through his money. He owns several profitable businesses (his TMT merchendise alone is a huge moneyspinner) and has strong business advisors in his corner. He's not your regular clueless athlete like Mike Tyson or Allen Iverson that's blowing through his fortune and not actually making money once retired. I can't see him ever going broke, even if he never fights again.

When you're the best fighter in the world, they don't call you the best, they just call you Chael P. Sonnen... And the P stands for Racist.

Back