Chael Sonnen: It appears that Jon Jones believes he will be cleared to fight at UFC 230

tumblr_nhno82LfVq1u2ragso1_500.gif
vucj3JV.gif
JSMX.gif

Bring the GOAT back. Get rid of USADA. They’re more crooked than anyone.

I don't care what Jon does at all. He's a cheat & I can't understand how he could possibly be available to fight so soon. I'm a huge D.C. fan & I don't know why he'd jeopardize the money he'd make against Brock. If he wants to fight Jon go for it but I'd wait. Not arguing about Jon's greatness because he's the best ever but I just can't stand the guy.

And if they somehow do, they will probably give him a fight at HW first, while DC and Lesnar fight.

When Jones comes back he is fighting for a title or an interim title, unless it’s against a very big name like Brock or Anderson. Even WME isn’t stupid enough to have him fight Stipe on a comain event just for a ranking spot, and they obviously wouldn’t waste this opportunity having him fight guys like Derick Lewis or Francis who’ve stocks have dropped tremendously.

The tears on sherdog when Jones gets let off early for time served will be awesome.

I copy/paste it once again, as it has already been posted:

Jones did exactly the same thing last time, writing generic positive messages, hinting at a near return and favorable turns of events. We had the same rumors that everything was going to end well, with insiders ready to teach us casuals how things are done behind the curtain. He still got a full suspension with zero reduction from the guideline.

Jon Jones hints he could return to UFC soon in now-deleted Instagram post
Morning Report: Jon Jones: 'I'm expecting to be back in the Octagon really soon'
REPORT: Jon Jones could return sooner than thought

All those articles came at different times and from different sources while waiting on the previous USADA suspension. I could post them in a new thread right now and 80% of Sherdog would think this is current news, and not two years old articles that ended-up being wrong.

All this is just a PR move : you start all kinds of rumors saying that Jones will be back soon, so when he gets suspended for four years (according to the guideline), it sounds like an unfair witch-hunt against poor innocent Jon Jones who was supposed to be cleared.

This is what Jones said last time out... (Just to clarify, this is from 2016, the first time he tested positive)

upload_2018-8-20_16-50-9.png

Someone remind me how that ended........

I hope so. The UFC needs someone else to sell PPVs besides Conor.
Seriously. Popping for PED's should never be more then a year or so suspension. We all know everyone's doing it anyway...don't we?

When Jones comes back he is fighting for a title or an interim title, unless it’s against a very big name like Brock or Anderson. Even WME isn’t stupid enough to have him fight Stipe on a comain event just for a ranking spot, and they obviously wouldn’t waste this opportunity having him fight guys like Derick Lewis or Francis who’ve stocks have dropped tremendously.
Jones vs Gus sounds good to me. Call it the interim belt since DC hasn't defended and then maybe DC vs Jones at hw after Brock in Cormiers last fight assuming Jones beats Gus.

If Jones wins and DC retires, he will effectively take exactly what DC has right now, lhw and hw belts, but if DC wins he gets to ride off into the sunset feeling like the greatest of all time. Would be the fight at HW I want to see.

Jones vs Gus sounds good to me. Call it the interim belt since DC hasn't defended and then maybe DC vs Jones at hw after Brock in Cormiers last fight assuming Jones beats Gus.

If Jones wins and DC retires, he will effectively take exactly what DC has right now, lhw and hw belts, but if DC wins he gets to ride off into the sunset feeling like the greatest of all time. Would be the fight at HW I want to see.
Jones/Gus does sound good.

Seriously. Popping for PED's should never be more then a year or so suspension. We all know everyone's doing it anyway...don't we?
A year is not much of a suspension. That is the typical frequency of fights for top level fighters.

Oh, those that think the UFC and USADA will collude to give Jones a short sentance or even clear him might want to read this article.

Theres a little thing called WADA

Former EFC champ Demarte Pena found guilty of doping, banned for four years
620x349

He was provisionally banned, but then cleared of intentional doping in May after SAIDS tested samples of legal supplements that he had been using, and found them to be contaminated with banned substances. Seemingly cleared of all wrongdoing, Pena would go on to face Sayed again on 16 December last year, landing several powerful punches and one head-kick en route to a dominant victory. In reality, as shown in the CAS report, Pena had yet to stave off an appeal from the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) against the Independent Doping Hearing Panel’s decision to let him off with only a reprimand.
https://www.iol.co.za/sport/boxing/...ilty-of-doping-banned-for-four-years-16135978

In a nutshell..

Demarte Pena tested positive and South African Anti Doping charged him with a violation. In the end a contaminated supplement was blamed and he was totally cleared.

So WADA, unhappy with the decision of the tribunal and South African Anti Doping appealed it to the Court for Arbitration in Sport (CAS). They won, and he was suspended for four years.

(Pena provided 3 tubs of a supplement to SAIDS, two were opened, and one was factory sealed. The two opened ones, contaminated with the substance he tested positive for - although not in quantity that would be consistent with the levels found in his samples - the third, sealed container, totally free of all prohibited substances. He had "contaminated" the open ones himself)

TLDR

USADA are signatories to the wada code and expected to follow their guidelines. Although the UFC program is independant it would still have a bearing on other cases, if Jones was "cleared" other athletes could theoretically cite his case as precedent. So If USADA do something dodgy and basically clear Jones, WADA could potentially appeal it to CAS, they have done it before.

USADA is a fucking joke.....top ufc guys get a pass.

Conor has been tested only 3 times so far.....we are 8 months into the year ...

USADA is pro roids...its just a facade
Guess how many times Khabib has been tested. But I agree USADA is a joke.

A year is not much of a suspension. That is the typical frequency of fights for top level fighters.
I suppose that is true. I guess I'm just being selfish. I want to see the best fighters, fight. And I'm of the opinion that everyone juices. Some of them get caught, some don't.

Conor fanboys...keeping a list of people who post facts about Conor...fucking pathetic.

You're a sad pathetic little man and you have my pity.

Fanboy, lmao. I've never once said Conor was GOAT, or is a flawless fighter. I even think there's a good chance he loses to Khabib.

And the list is to trigger haters like you who have Conor balls deep in their head. Try to come up with original insults instead of using the same words I described you with. Do you have no ability to think for yourself? Probably not, just always in a blind rage thinking of Conor.

I'm rooting even more for Conor to beat Khabib so you'll kill yourself right after. Fuck bet slips, or avatar bets. I know you think Khabib is a lock to win, so please do everybody a favor and kill yourself if he loses. It's only fair. The idea of this person you hate so much beating Khabib will push you over the edge, and I love that.

Osiris3657 2, GOATER 0. Please respond again so I can destroy you again.

Please yes

Chael is probably full of shit as usual though

Back