Chael Sonnen - "I Have to be a Top for 15 Minutes"

Rampage looked horrible in his last fight with King Mo. Extremely top heavy and very slow to even throw a jab.

Not like Chael looked great either though, his striking defensive has got worse. Chael gets clipped a lot, this fight is a toss up but I feel like Page is going to get a tko on Chael.

Not like Chael looked great either though, his striking defensive has got worse. Chael gets clipped a lot, this fight is a toss up but I feel like Page is going to get a tko on Chael.

Chael's never had great striking defense, it's always been his forward pressure that kept his opponents at bay. None of them wanted to get taken down.

I'd love to see Chael get KO'd by Rampage. Rampage vs Nelson/Mir/Matt would be much more interesting.But Of course I wouldn't wanna see him rematch King Mo a million more times or Bader.

Unless Rampage can put him away with one or two punches, Chael's gonna eat that damage and take him down.

Chael's never had great striking defense, it's always been his forward pressure that kept his opponents at bay. None of them wanted to get taken down.

I'd love to see Chael get KO'd by Rampage. Rampage vs Nelson/Mir/Matt would be much more interesting.But Of course I wouldn't wanna see him rematch King Mo a million more times or Bader.

Unless Rampage can put him away with one or two punches, Chael's gonna eat that damage and take him down.

I don't know, I don't have much faith. He got rocked pretty decently a few times against Wand. Fatpage would hit harder than dad bod Wand imo

I sure hope Chael wins, though I think it will be a tall order. Bigger LHWs with good wrestling (Jones, Rashad, Tito) have been very tough for him. That said, I'm not sure how good Rampage's wrestling and TDD is these days...or if coming in as a full-size HW will help him.

If Chael wins, I can't wait to hear Rampage's excuse: overtraining, undertraining, bad camp, bad nutritionist, fighting a "gameplanning" opponent who doesn't just want to brawl, etc.

Sonnen won't last two minutes he never does vs lhw

Page will be too strong for him sonnen crumbles as ever

I guess you missed the Shogun and Wand fights? It's LHW wrestlers that give him loads of trouble.

No shit. Nothing against Chael but he's not a power puncher. He sure as hell isn't knocking rampage out.

Rampage looks out of shape on the countdown shows imo.<{smellit?}>

I would love nothing more then to watch Sonnen get knocked clean out in the first round.

This is mma...not wrestling.

I hear ya, who wouldnt want to see Chael catch the Rampage Left Hook....
However, Chael will most certainly go for the double & probably get it. Pin Quinton down for 15 mins pepperoni-ing him with his gnP and get the Decision, all my opinion of course.
<{smellit?}>I can almost smell it, but anything is possible my friend.

Sonnen won't last two minutes he never does vs lhw

Page will be too strong for him sonnen crumbles as ever

When Sonnen lost at LHW in the past it was against guys who used the size advantage to out wrestle him. Jones, Rashad, etc. It's not like he was TKO'd in a striking battle. Rampage is a boxer. He's going to go for the KO. He's not going to take Chael down and smash him from top position like Jones and Rashad.

Rampage looks out of shape on the countdown shows imo.

I would love nothing more then to watch Sonnen get knocked clean out in the first round.

This is mma...not wrestling.

I would love nothing more than Page being held down for a 15 minute boring-ass decision.
This is mma... not boxing.

I am not sure Rampage is that out of shape. there is no belly over the waistband or anything... he is obviously trying to bulk up to contend with the heavyweights. Sonnen could be in trouble....

rjackson.jpg

When Sonnen lost at LHW in the past it was against guys who used the size advantage to out wrestle him. Jones, Rashad, etc. It's not like he was TKO'd in a striking battle. Rampage is a boxer. He's going to go for the KO. He's not going to take Chael down and smash him from top position like Jones and Rashad.
You never know

Page took hendo down which was a shock

I would love nothing more than Page being held down for a 15 minute boring-ass decision.
This is mma... not boxing.
Page could stay on his feet if he trained for it he did vs chuck . Vs hendo he did good but got took down once

I think now both past it sonnen isn't taking down page

Page is too strong

Sonnen is a good mw not lhw

Rampage stopped giving a shit years ago.

Chael via LnP UD.
He's got to get a wrestler down first yes page isn't in shape but sonnen won't get him down easy of at all

Page has sick tdd

Rampage was good wrestler didn't have cred like sonnen etc but he was sick

I guess you missed the Shogun and Wand fights? It's LHW wrestlers that give him loads of trouble.
he deserves respect for them fights I counted him out

Sonnen is on and off you never know

Sonnen vs rua I easily though shogun would win

Vs okami easily I thought okami would win

Sonnen is good but he crumbles

Chael handily beat Wandy who destroyed Rampage twice in PRIDE.
I think Chael still has some motivation left. Rampage gave up a long time ago.
Especially after Jon Jones ruined Rampage's knees (and career) with the oblique kicks.

Chael handily beat Wandy who destroyed Rampage twice in PRIDE.
I think Chael still has some motivation left. Rampage gave up a long time ago.
Especially after Jon Jones ruined Rampage's knees (and career) with the oblique kicks.
Mma math

Wand beat page striking

Sonnen will have to wrestle page who is a decent wrestler him self

Back