Chael Sonnen Hands Joe Rogan his Ass.

Good lord, Chael's videos are so obnoxious. Whenever I see one of his videos posted I insta have to puke. The guy is sooo in love with himself its unreal. He really considers himself this wise guru that has all the answers. Something controversial happened? Dont worry Chael will waste no seconds in making a video in which he will tell you what to think and how his opinion is fact.

His videos also have this horrible type of delivery, like he's trying his best to tell the story as deep as possible. He's performing in these videos but in a way overexaggarated style. Like some old dude telling kids ghoststories around a campfire and he's doing his utmost best to make it sound cool, exaggerated breaks in between talking and all. Telling the unneccesary story of Randy Coutures gym motto in order to convey the simple message of "performance first".

Who's buying this "Chael is supersmart" shtick anyway? Whenever you dissect his long winded overperformed videos for actual content, its always super basic with a lot of empty sentences and unnecessary background stories.

Last edited:
Missing the point. (From my perception) It's purpose is about not letting someone's discredit of your effort affect you.

"He who can, does. He who cannot, teaches."

Also, there's a difference between constructive criticism from someone with knowledge and criticism from a viewpoint of ignorance.
No. That pretty speech misses the point. The purpose of telling a man how he could’ve done something better, is so he (or someone in his shoes) can do things better in the future. Only illogical criticism is bad. Then you should criticize the logic, the accuracy - not the nature of critics. Or you think Teddy Roosevelt never criticized someone at something he himself never did?

That those who can’t teach, is also total BS. Maybe pros also teach on the side, and especially coach their own kids. Many just prefer teaching. I knew finance professors who could’ve worked on Wall St. for a lot more money, but it wasn’t for them.

I’ll trust the advice of an MMA coach over an MMA fighter, in general. One is more likely to be the criticism expert (obviously, there will be exceptions).

Good lord, Chael's videos are so obnoxious. Whenever I see one of his videos posted I insta have to puke. The guy is sooo in love with himself its unreal. He really considers himself this wise guru that has all the answers. Something controversial happened? Dont worry Chael will waste no seconds in making a video in which he will tell you what to think and how his opinion is fact.

His videos also have this horrible type of delivery, like he's trying his best to tell the story as deep as possible. He's performing in these videos but in a way overexaggarated style. Like some old dude telling kids ghoststories around a campfire and he's doing his utmost best to make it sound cool, exaggerated breaks in between talking and all. Telling the unneccesary story of Randy Coutures gym motto in order to convey the simple message of "performance first".

Who's buying this "Chael is supersmart" shtick anyway? Whenever you dissect his long winded overperformed videos for actual content, its always super basic or empty with a lot of empty sentences and unnecessary background stories.

you care too much about other people

edit: wait, you're criticizing chael for being too in love with himself with an av of conor?

what?

you care too much about other people

edit: wait, you're criticizing chael for being too in love with himself with an av of conor?

what?

I wrote that message in 1 min, and I rarely comment on Chael stuff.

Also I'm a fan of Conor as a fighter, his fighting style and fights in general. Never cared for him from a promotion perspective.

The "Man in the Arena" defense is completely irrelevant to the very real and valid points Rogan made about Khabib's terrible striking habits (i.e. moving straight backwards, often with hands down, while raising the chin).

I don't understand all the white knighting of Khabib.
Probably because you dont understand striking

People are defending fucking Rogan?

Chaels right, and I'm glad a fighter finally put him in his place. I've read far better analysis on this website than anything Joe has ever blurted out.

He doesn't deserve your respect (as an analyst, fake as he is I do still consider Joe a good person). The man is threatened by Jimmy fucking Smith, and he got him his current job!

He's one of those phony Hollywood guys who does things he doesn't mean in order to impress people, or boost his own ego. Which isn't the worst thing in the world, at least he's helped people along the way, but I believe understanding a man's motives is understanding the way he thinks.

The only thing that was amateurish that night was Joes commentating. What kind of stupid mfer that's been into MMA as long as him, doesn't realize that this ain't fucking boxing. All those years of watching and training and he still doesnt get that in MMA anything unorthodox can win you fights. Just cuz he doesn't understand the fight game doesn't mean he has to criticize so fucking hard and at the same time praise fucking Ronda and Chuck for their atrocious boxing. If Khabib was amateurish then what does that make Laquinta or RDA or anyone else for that matter? Its no better tban the Sherdog dumb fucks who claim boxers hands are "light years ahead" of MMA fighters. Yeah, in boxing. But this ain't boxing! Same as the dumb fucks who claim MMA fighters have "horrible cardio" and compare fighters to marathon runners. Yeah, id like to see how those runners would hold up after taking some hits, adrenaline and a tough weight cut. Im just ranting now but if it works then sherdog and Joe, STFU and learn.

No. That pretty speech misses the point. The purpose of telling a man how he could’ve done something better, is so he (or someone in his shoes) can do things better in the future. Only illogical criticism is bad. Then you should criticize the logic, the accuracy - not the nature of critics. Or you think Teddy Roosevelt never criticized someone at something he himself never did?

That those who can’t teach, is also total BS. Maybe pros also teach on the side, and especially coach their own kids. Many just prefer teaching. I knew finance professors who could’ve worked on Wall St. for a lot more money, but it wasn’t for them.

I’ll trust the advice of an MMA coach over an MMA fighter, in general. One is more likely to be the criticism expert (obviously, there will be exceptions).
Do something truly great in your life and you will get it. Referencing your professor leads me to believe you haven't done so.

I respect your opinion but my background gives the speech a different meaning than it does for you.

Trouble with an argument like this is that we dont actually know where the other is coming from. It's a pointless debate without having had the same or similar life experiences.

Saying the speech misses the point isn't as good of a view point as saying, "the speech has a different meaning to me".

I do agree with most of what you said. But again it's more about not letting critics affect you. It's not about coaching someone.

Are you the ugliest and least successful?
Or are they all sherdog members

I personally think I am the best looking. As far as successful, I am definitely leading in that category buddy. I would tell you to bet your last $1 on it, but you probably spent that on methamphetamine before you made your last reply.

Right, you don't think that was staged? Wanderlei through the weakest open hand haymaker at him, it was a joke.

No man it was totally legit. You're blind.

The question shouldn't be whether an analyst is a fighter/experienced or not, it should be whether or not their claims are sound.

You don't have to be a dentist to see good teeth. There are plenty of people of intelligence who can break down a system and do analysis on something they haven't directly done themselves. Someone mentioned basketball earlier...there are TONS of former basketball players who are completely shit at basketball analysis.

To me, the "man in the arena" bit is a bit more subtle and involves appreciate the courage of people who go out and expose themselves and attempt to do difficult things, often in the public eye. Which I completely agree with. That's why it makes me puke when internet posters lack respect in that way for MMAists.

No man it was totally legit. You're blind.
tenor.gif

Back