Chael Sonnen explains why Jon Jones probably wont fight DC during July Fight Week

Apparently fight week is July 6-11 and although Jones suspension ends around July 2nd, he then has to re-apply for his fighting license which will likely take more than a week

Thanks, saved me looking at Chael's stupid face.

Good thing every report say they're targetting July 29th

What happened to the mandatory minimum of 3 month drug testing before a fighter is allowed to re-enter competition after a suspension or retirement ?

What happened to the mandatory minimum of 3 month drug testing before a fighter is allowed to re-enter competition after a suspension or retirement ?

Isn't that only if you come out of the testing program for some reason? I think Jones is still subject to random testing. Didn't some other fighter recently get busted by a test, while they were already serving a suspension?

I'm pretty sure Jones hasn't been tested since the suspension or his lawyer team would be disclosing how great his results were every damn time , as some kind of after-the-fact proof of his innocent .

Makes sense. Plus if Jones fucks up again. Would be two International Fight Weeks in a row.

Ideally they get GSP vs Bisping. But if that does not happen like they seem to think it won't. Not sure what they can do.

Apparently fight week is July 6-11 and although Jones suspension ends around July 2nd, he then has to re-apply for his fighting license which will likely take more than a week
thanks. that's quite reasonable.

so why Dana's song and dance about fighting DC in July, "if he wants it"?

Back