Chael Sonnen defends GSP's decision to vacate the belt

Ok, but if he fights again, he can fight. So he can return to MW.

You're lost, just stop trying to understand the situation. You're an obvious GSP hater and nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise.

You're lost, just stop trying to understand the situation. You're an obvious GSP hater and nothing anyone says will convince you otherwise.
159.gif

He obviously thinks the best chance of him losing is at MW, Schadenfreude!

Why can't they just say that instead of using mental gymnastics in order to "prove" that GSP, a one time MW who vacated the belt, has an obligation of going back to MW.

It baffles me.

Specifically, what did I say that makes you say I'm a GSP hater?

You think anyone being critical about GSP is a hater, Grow up man.

Last edited:
Fuck GSP haters. Arguably the worst people on Sherdog.

Ditto.

We don't know how bad his health issues are other than what Danaher has said. If he needs to get healthy and it takes some time, so be it. He manned up and vacated to keep the division rolling. Good for him.

I want to see him stifle Woodley when he gets healthy anyway, then set up a big money fight with McGregor and smoke that little leprechaun.

didnt he hold the division up for more than a year with his fight with bisbing

No. That would be Bisping holding up the division. Since GSP didn't have a belt, he can't hold up anything. If GSP says "can't fight," and Bisping says "fighting Jacare instead" - then the division moves on.

If GSP fights Whittaker, and Bisping sits on his ass, the division is still held up.

See how that works? None of that shit revolves around GSP, because he's not the champ (or wasn't during the time you idiots are claiming he somehow held up the division).

Conor is now taking heat from professional fighters. If he keeps avoiding the top guys at LW it is going to get worse for him.

GSP dropping the title sucks but MW will be moving forward. LW has been on hold for what 1.3 years?

If we answer questions with questions, how will the conversation go?

Ok, What I said originally said

"Ok, but if he fights again, he can fight. So he can return to MW, Correct?"

Meant for the bolded to be a question.

But to answer your question why MW. A fight at MW is better for GSP. Because he honors his word when he said that he signed the contract stating he'd defend his belt. Win or lose, a fight against Whitaker gains GSP nothing but respect.

If GSP can return but chooses to fight at WW, it makes it look like he used his illness to get out of defending against Whitaker. That is only IF GSP can fight again. Because Colitis is the reason he can't fight Whitaker. But if it turns out Colitis isn't stopping him from fighting other fighters in the future, is Colitis really stopping him from fighting Whitaker?

So that's my reasoning. So answer my questions. Just curious.

GSP, and McGregor...

One is a TRUE champion, and Mixed MARTIAL ARTIST. One is a fraud.

There was only one person GSP would have defended that belt against. And that guy popped again, and fucked the whole thing up.

Plus there is his health to think about, now.

He has more money than a normal person ever needs. And just upped his endorsement stock by winning a second belt in a heavier division.

He took a big risk, and it paid off. I’d be VERY surprised if he ever enters the octagon again.

Undisputed GOAT. There’s nothing left to fight for. You don’t fight at the highest level in championship fights only, just for fun. It’s alot of stress. And, he doesn’t need that bullshit.

No. That would be Bisping holding up the division. Since GSP didn't have a belt, he can't hold up anything. If GSP says "can't fight," and Bisping says "fighting Jacare instead" - then the division moves on.

If GSP fights Whittaker, and Bisping sits on his ass, the division is still held up.

See how that works? None of that shit revolves around GSP, because he's not the champ (or wasn't during the time you idiots are claiming he somehow held up the division).
i get ur point but gsp isnt fighting whittaker, and never over bisbing who has the real belt.

Chael is right on the money with this one. What a rare occasion.

Back