Chael Sonnen calls to end five round MMA fights

I think we established you are a talking bitch. You can thank your absentee father for that

Anything resembling a human being you have to say, or you will be yapping like a brainless piece of shit?

Yes...he has a point that traditional sports have a set time frame, barring overtime to decide an even contest. But what he forgot to mention is that other combat sports, like boxing, also extend championship fights. The concept isn't nearly as "new" as he presents it. I can see the argument for non-title match ups remaining at 3 rounds, but 5 round title fights is not unreasonable at all.

And he is totally wrong about the "feeling out" process. Most combatants probe their opponents for reactions in the early stages. Some energy conservation may play a role, but to say that no one is looking for patterns and reactions early in the fight is just disingenuous. I'm certain that he's spoken to fighters that genuinely took their time early in the fight to see what their opponent shows them. He may have even done it himself.

I agree with this or at the very least stop 5 round Heavyweight fights. A heavyweight fight past the 2nd round is already a snore fest and to torture fans with 5 rounds of slow sluggish stand up is a disservice.

Stipe/JDS 1
Hunt/Bigfoot 1

I like eating chocolate cake. I do not want to eat chocolate cake for 25 minutes.

One 15 min round for standard fights

One 20-25 min round for Championship fights.

I like Chael but I dont agree with him on this one.

He either got old and cant handle 25 minutes fight or he is still salty because he got finished by Anderson in round 5

I’d love two 10min rounds non title fight and three 10mins rounds for title fights/main events.

If we applied that to WMMA, it'll be hilarious.

Imagine watching Espanza or some shit canning around for 30 mins... Christ.

I wouldn't mind non-title main events being reduced back to three rounds, but I wouldn't get rid of five round fights. We'd miss out on a lot of excellent moments if they did that. On the flip side, it might be better for the athletes in the long run, as the lack of punishment to the body in two extra rounds could gradually benefit them over time.

I like the 3 and 5 round system, but UFC needs a better scoring system for 3 round fights because you can barely edge 2 close rounds and then get your ass kicked for another round and still win. Rarely is it a 10-8.

Make me bitch.

Lol watch out dude will smash that report button till sherdog catches fire and burns to the ground

He reminds me of one of those dudes that picks a fight then runs to the police when he gets beat up

I agree with this or at the very least stop 5 round Heavyweight fights. A heavyweight fight past the 2nd round is already a snore fest and to torture fans with 5 rounds of slow sluggish stand up is a disservice.

I'd go a step further.

HW fights and 3 rounds with 2 min breaks between rounds.
LHW fights and 5 rounds with 1.5 min breaks between rounds.
MW fights and 5 rounds with 1.5 min breaks between rounds.

I never want to watch a 5 round HW fight again.

The other divisions are alright. Thought not every main event needs to be 5 rounds. That Usman/Maia fight was awful.

anderson_silva_v_4piyo5fi-1.gif

I call for an end to Chael Sonnen and anyone that gives a shit what he says.

Chael isn’t a fan of the fifth round I see. Can’t think why...

<6><{silvanormal}>

Back