Chael Sonnen blasts Joe Rogan about revealing Colby’s Schtick.

Everyone knows he’s just saying that to sell PPVs though. It’s not some big secret. And no, people calling him out for saying dumb things doesn’t constitute falling for the gimmick.

Maybe he should
yayomg-lego-batman-movie-mic-drop.gif

MMA is already pro-wrestling with real fights. As an old WWF fan, and WWE sucks these days, I don't have a problem with it.

I can see why some are unhappy with that though.

Chael is basically defending a pro wrestling schtick/gimmick where the commentators must help sell the wrestler’s (or in this case the fighter’s) fictional personalities, but fuck that, how about keeping mma as close to a real sport instead of fake wrestling? One that is a dignified Olympic level sport?
<Dany07>

At least Colby doesn't pay somebody to write his material for him.
he does actually. His lines arent that bad, it's his delivery that sucks. Chael could sell it, but Colby lacks the confidence to believe his own lies.

The lowest circle of just-bleed hell is reserved for wall-n-stallers and those who break kayfabe...

I want to see Chael Sonnen attack Joe Rogan with a nice leg kick

Imagine if anyone needed Rogan to tell them something so painfully obvious.

What part of "prize" fighting do you not get? Lots of people are trying to make a living here. The fighters, the trainers, nutritionists, cameramen, grips, producers, staffers of all kinds. "Discipline, honesty, honor and integrity" doesn't sell fights. The UFC is not just a sports organization. They're a sports entertainment organisation, and they employ a shit ton of people, who have to get paid at the end of the week.

Not sure why people that have zero relevant business experience feel they are qualified to comment on the subject. Go watch an amateur TKD tournament or collegiate wrestling if you only care about sport and nothing else. In the professional sports realm, there will be showmanship, end of story.

In the end it all comes down to a fighter you don't like saying something that triggered you, anyway. Get thicker skin.

Colby's schtick is about as hard to see through as a window.

If that were the case, you wouldn't have the legions of butthurt snowflakes...

Look at the PPV buys for that card .. obviously no one but people in the MMA bubble give a fuck..

Colby is cheese

I can see where he’s coming from. We all know its a character Colby’s playing, and playing pretty badly at times. Rogan however goes on like he’s the first one to realise that.

Chael’s argument is basically the same as the title of an old snoop dog album “The game is to be sold not told”.

He says that Rogan is an idiot for saying that Colby’s incessant running of his mouth is all a ploy to attract viewers to watch the ppv (which is true).

Chael is basically defending a pro wrestling schtick/gimmick where the commentators must help sell the wrestler’s (or in this case the fighter’s) fictional personalities, but fuck that, how about keeping mma as close to a real sport instead of fake wrestling? One that is a dignified Olympic level sport?

Nah instead Chael wants to turn mma into pro wrestling with fake personalities and narratives. Boo this man.

I’m not even defending Rogan because god knows the hyperbole king has created numerous hype jobs all on his own, but in this specific case he is right.

Let’s keep this a sport or else soon we will have influencers (fighters) becoming role models to this youth of impressionable fans that will actually start to believe that mma is about creating a fake personality while forgetting that martial arts teach good values like discipline, honesty, honor and integrity. By some threads and posts I’ve seen here, it looks like it’s already happening.

Problem i guess,is someone like Chale was smart enough to play the role within the boundaries between black humor/sarcasm and straight up bad taste.

Boomerang boy “reel”job is so bad that a lot of people may not get it is a play.
And that is bad image to MMA.
So
Chale gets it because he did the same thing.
And he thinks its fine.
And
Rogaine gets worried because it looks really bad sometimes.

This is prize fighting, the idea is to make as much money as you can.

Back