Chael Sonnen blasts Joe Rogan about revealing Colby’s Schtick.

Nobody actually buys his personality. Its plain as day he's just being a poser.

You'd be surprised - he has rustled a lot of jimmies for people who don't understand or are too dumb to get it.

Lol by talking how lame his schtick is? Hardly compelling or flattering

He's probably the most hated fighter in MMA right now.

Being hated in the fight game is good for business, snowflake.

To be fair it was a stupid thing to say.

You don’t say that about your company.

Chael’s argument is basically the same as the title of an old snoop dog album “The game is to be sold not told”.

He says that Rogan is an idiot for saying that Colby’s incessant running of his mouth is all a ploy to attract viewers to watch the ppv (which is true).

Chael is basically defending a pro wrestling schtick/gimmick where the commentators must help sell the wrestler’s (or in this case the fighter’s) fictional personalities, but fuck that, how about keeping mma as close to a real sport instead of fake wrestling? One that is a dignified Olympic level sport?

Nah instead Chael wants to turn mma into pro wrestling with fake personalities and narratives. Boo this man.

I’m not even defending Rogan because god knows the hyperbole king has created numerous hype jobs all on his own, but in this specific case he is right.

Let’s keep this a sport or else soon we will have influencers (fighters) becoming role models to this youth of impressionable fans that will actually start to believe that mma is about being creating a fake personality while forgetting that martial arts teach good values like discipline, honesty, honor and integrity. By some threads and posts I’ve seen here, it looks like it’s already happening.

Well Sonnen is defending Colby bc that's his gimmick as well. But listen, Conor changed the game. There were others before him, but nobody does it like conor. It's a free market in my opinion, I'm for fighters talking their way to the top. Even though I know most of it is just acting, it's still entertaining. On fight day, I know those guys are really fighting, unlike WWE. I think if done right, it can actually save the sport by bringing more viewers and resulting in more money.

For the most part, most guys that can talk their way into a title shot do deserve it or have at least proven to be good fighters. The only problem I see with this is when jokes like CM punk get the deals they got. There's got to be associated talent with the trash talking.

For Sonnen, I understand he's protecting the "game to be sold not told" thing. And again I'm for fighters doing that. But to say we can't talk about it is a little dramatic. And from Joe's point of view, he's being truthful at least.

its not a pro wrestling thing, its a fight thing... people make more money the more views they get, thats why they try to sell fights.. Some of you are new and think conor invented trash talking, but it goes way back

its amazing how many "fight fans" dont know how it works..... funny to see so many fall for the gimmicks.

If you say so. You're probably eagerly waiting for him to cut his next promo

That’s your opinion. I’ll state a fact for you, on professional ufc fox and ESPN (and numerous other) panels they have called mma a sport. So who’s to say it isn’t ? It even fits under the dictionary’s definition. Why even try to downgrade it to the term prize fighting , sounds almost as barbaric as human cock fighting. Don’t you like the human cock?

Yeah, fighting isn't a sport. It's just something people say to make them feel better about the damage that's being done. Grow up, baby.

Rogan said the same thing about Chael's schtick and Chael did just fine.
Joe doesn't work for the fighters. He works for the UFC.

Yeah sorry Chael I'm not a fucking mark. I like sports, not half-assed showmanship. Shizut your mizzouth, as the carnies say.

he was just in the co-main of a PPV that sold horribly. No one but hardcore fans even know who he is.

It was very smarky of Rogan. It hit a nerve with me when I heard it but didn't think much more of it.

Would Rogan dare say something like "Rampage and Evans really like each other, they're just trying to convince you to buy a PPV"? I really doubt it. He would buy into that, and have fun doing so, then congratulate them on their sportsmanship after.

Colby, for hardcore fans, the story is he tries too hard. It's a bit meta. The casual might not see that. Rogan "exposed" Colby's act to nubs, but plays into it on a hardcore level. He actually plays up the "Colby is an annoying try-hard" angle.

Rogan doesn't see through the bullshit in MMA as well as he wants to believe. He's not looking at the profit end game. He's into the drama, he's choosing on when to buy in, like pro wrestling fans do.

Last edited:
Did Chaels wife ever get pregnant during his 'pissing hot/dick pills/wife's fertility' meltdown

Chael is a joke

YES PRICK.

THE BABY GIRL DIED.

Joe's giving him exposure even talking about him so much on the podcast. Nobody actually buys PPVs for Colby Covington. His brand will never be super marketable.

At least Colby doesn't pay somebody to write his material for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back