Chael Sonnen: ‘Tito Ortiz is the worst fighter I ever fought and that makes me the worst fighter’

I always wonder how the MMA world would've changed if Chael beat Anderson that night.

Tito Ortiz's a true legend, his attitude may not have always been the greatest however he's a Mixed Martial Arts icon. Legacy and career wise he has surpassed Chael Sonnen by a country mile.

latest

Last edited:
Listen, I've been watching cage fighting for a very long time and still can't get enough of it.I bring this up because if you ask me random questions about mma-ufc-whatever promotion and they're like rapid fire questions where I'm giving answers within 2 Mississippi. They ask me " what fighter lacked the most heart over your years of watching mma-?"
Chael Sonnen comes from my mouth fairly quickly.

However, he is right about the whole tapping thing. I don't care how much sh#t talking takes place before fight.Its part of the game and promotion.You tap, verbal or otherwise- game over, let go.He breaks his jaw there, he should be negligible for damage.....but that's my opinion .

Im tired of seeing and hearing about chael should have won the fight . I cant believe they are gonna headline a ppv with him after he lost to someone with a fractured skull!

LOL at Chael thinking he is the one to 'Take Bellator Forward'. He is 39. He is 1-4 in his last 5 and was finished 4 times. He has won 1 fight in the last 5 years. He has finished 2 fighters in the last decade. And worst of all, he can't juice like he did before.

The Tito fight proved how poor a fighter Chael really is. He was prison raped sans lube by a 42 year old fighter several years removed from his real greatness.

He may have a bit better chance against Wandy, who is also older, more weathered, and has not fought in years. But Wandy was several orders of magnitude better than Chael, and probably still is even with the layoff. I think Chael will likely get his ass kicked again.

At least Conor backs up his big mouth with victories in key fights. But all Chael has ever been good at his running his mouth. His claim to fame is almost beating the GOAT before choking. And I still think to this day that Anderson did that just to fuck with him.

The fact that Chael is so popular does not bother me so much as it just confounds me. Why would people identify with and support a person that just runs their mouth extolling themselves and insulting others all the time, but has not achieved anything remotely resembling excellence. It's almost like that the interwebs has spawned millions of useless douchebag trolls, and they have all found their real life God to Worship.

I personally like Chael because I understand that he is working a pro-wrestling gimmick and that he in no way actually takes himself seriously or believes the crap he says. I listen to his podcast every week and he is just a fun guy to listen to. He's a great story teller with a good sense of humor and just seems like a genuinely good guy. I really don't care how successful he is in the cage. Just because he isn't a world beater doesn't mean that people can't like him. Sure he's cheated before, but he is the first to admit it and doesn't complain when other fighters cheat against him. He is honest and steers into his issues, which is refreshing.

Also, you really think Anderson let Chael beat him up for nearly 5 rounds just for fun? Please...

I personally like Chael because I understand that he is working a pro-wrestling gimmick and that he in no way actually takes himself seriously or believes the crap he says. I listen to his podcast every week and he is just a fun guy to listen to. He's a great story teller with a good sense of humor and just seems like a genuinely good guy. I really don't care how successful he is in the cage. Just because he isn't a world beater doesn't mean that people can't like him. Sure he's cheated before, but he is the first to admit it and doesn't complain when other fighters cheat against him. He is honest and steers into his issues, which is refreshing.

Also, you really think Anderson let Chael beat him up for nearly 5 rounds just for fun? Please...

Rewatch that fight. Chael grapplefucked Anderson for 4 and change rounds. Anderson took very little damage, and was almost never in danger in the fight. Chael just is not a dangerous fighter. Either way, almost beating the GOAT is not exactly an epic legacy.

And.....................'Seems like a genuinely Good Guy'????? He is a multiple time steroid cheat and was convicted of money laundering. Honestly, do the things people actually do figure into your character assessment of them, or is it just whether they are funny on podcasts?

Last edited:
Chael has the gift of gab, and he's parlayed it into a lucrative career. He's a decent fighter and a true veteran of the sport, but if he wasn't so good on the mic he would be jerking the curtain. It's all good, I enjoy listening to his podcast and watching his interviews, but his shit performance against Tito really dampened any enthusiasm I might have had for his remaining fight career. It's a joke that he's headlining a ppv against Wand, Bellator is the WCW of mma.

LOL at Chael thinking he is the one to 'Take Bellator Forward'. He is 39. He is 1-4 in his last 5 and was finished 4 times. He has won 1 fight in the last 5 years. He has finished 2 fighters in the last decade. And worst of all, he can't juice like he did before.

The Tito fight proved how poor a fighter Chael really is. He was prison raped sans lube by a 42 year old fighter several years removed from his real greatness.

He may have a bit better chance against Wandy, who is also older, more weathered, and has not fought in years. But Wandy was several orders of magnitude better than Chael, and probably still is even with the layoff. I think Chael will likely get his ass kicked again.

At least Conor backs up his big mouth with victories in key fights. But all Chael has ever been good at his running his mouth. His claim to fame is almost beating the GOAT before choking. And I still think to this day that Anderson did that just to fuck with him.

The fact that Chael is so popular does not bother me so much as it just confounds me. Why would people identify with and support a person that just runs their mouth extolling themselves and insulting others all the time, but has not achieved anything remotely resembling excellence. It's almost like that the interwebs has spawned millions of useless douchebag trolls, and they have all found their real life God to Worship.
It was a good post until " And I still think to this day that Anderson did that just to fuck with him."

<30>

It was a good post until " And I still think to this day that Anderson did that just to fuck with him."

<30>

That's fine. Let me just leave you something to chew on.

And by the way all- this happened before Chael developed the 'gift of the gab'

In 2007, at WEC 31, Paulo Filho subbed Chael Sonnen in the 3rd round of a title fight that Chael was clearly dominating up to that point. Chael was completely despondent and menstruated like a teenager afterwards.

That menstruation continued after a completely fucked up Paulo Filho did not make weight for the rematch, making it a non-title fight, which Chael won.

Paulo Filho and Anderson were very good friends.

I realize this is a little tinfoil hat. But I would not put it past the GOAT who is light years beyond Cahel in the skill department make a good natured bet with a fellow Brazilian about subbing him late in the fight just to fuck with him some more.

It's not like Anderson does not have a long history of fucking with people during fights.

Last edited:
That's fine. Let me just leave you something to chew on.

And by the way all- this happened before Chael developed the 'gift of the gab'

In 2007, at WEC 31, Paulo Filho subbed Chael Sonnen in the 3rd round of a title fight that Chael was clearly dominating up to that point. Chael was completely despondent and menstruated like a teenager afterwards.

That menstruation continued after a completely fucked up Paulo Filho did not make weight for the rematch, making it a non-title fight, which Chael won.

Paulo Filho and Anderson were very good friends.

I realize this is a little tinfoil hat. But I would not put it past the GOAT who is light years beyond Cahel in the skill department make a good natured bet with a fellow Brazilian about subbing him late in the fight just to fuck with him some more.

It's not like Anderson does not have a long history of fucking with people during fights.

lol This is the worst conspiracy theory I've ever heard.

Back