Chael should never main event again

As a long time Wandy fan, I, along with most everyone else, knew exactly how this fight would go. That said, I like Chael too; I have liked him pretty much since the first AS fight, mostly because I've never liked AS. Anyway, nothing about that fight should've been a surprise.

Man I disagree. I think his persona is getting tired, the schtick is over. He's starting to sound like a dad wanting to be cool. He's not even triggering people anymore.

Chael - I hate New York .... crickets from the new yorker crowd.

Agree that he is contrived, almost cartoonist in his interviews leading up to the fight.

However if I were a promoter and not a fan I would milk that cow dry. When the numbers come out for this ppv bellator will know if there is any milk left. I'm just answering the OP here...he will be back in the main event if the numbers show he sells fights.

His heel call out to the NYC crowd happened just as Wand bumped him so I wonder if that affected the crowd reaction but for sure it didn't sound like he got the reaction he wanted.

Not on PPV but Chael should and will main event a TV card next.

They could give him a title shot vs Bader, he could fight King Mo, he could fight Fedor if Bellator is serious about that.

Any of them would be decent tv main events.

Should Vitor not stay with UFC after his next fight thats another one they would do. He could fight Rampage if he stays in Bellator or whatever, not sure what he's doing.

I really think they are gonna do Bader vs Tito for the title, Tito doesnt want to retire no matter what he says. He's showing up to Bellator events mocking Sonnen during the fight. They will sell the Bader revenge against Tito angle.

So that sets up Sonnen vs Fedor. Fedor needs a rebound fight, t hey are both probably the two highest paid fighters in Bellator. Sonnen would be undersized, that would kill on Spike tv.

Agree that he is contrived, almost cartoonist in his interviews leading up to the fight.

However if I were a promoter and not a fan I would milk that cow dry. When the numbers come out for this ppv bellator will know if there is any milk left. I'm just answering the OP here...he will be back in the main event if the numbers show he sells fights.

His heel call out to the NYC crowd happened just as Wand bumped him so I wonder if that affected the crowd reaction but for sure it didn't sound like he got the reaction he wanted.
To be fair it's wasn't just him on this last PPV so it will be hard to judge those numbers. I, for example, didn't order it because of Chael, I ordered the PPV because of Fedor and Wand. I'm not convinced he would draw good numbers on his own but I could be wrong.

So predictable.

They could just have this replayed for 15 minutes and it would be the same.

wanderlei-sonnen-brawl-tuf.gif

There's a different angle picture where while they were squaring off the whole cast was just watching, this was definitely staged there's a good 5 seconds of them squaring off in a fight stance, usually people would be running in between them already. See Cody-tj , Ken-Tito, chuck-Tito for how the cast handled real beef

Do people really want to see him fight? His performances are embarassing now that he's 40 and off the juice. This can't be good for ratings.

There might be good match ups for him again, but I agree that he should never headline again.

Back