Chael should never main event again

Are you guys new? Have you never seen Chael fight before?

No, really, what the actual fuck did you expect? For him to stand in front of Wand and take a shin straight to the dome? Or for him to show off some bitchin' new muay thai skills?

Get the fuck over it, there's no reason for these threads to even exist. If you fools seriously expected Chael to do anything different - and, mind you, he maintained dominant position over a supposed BJJ black belt, so go bitch about Wand literally not doing a damn thing from his back - then that's on you, not Chael.

I've seen almost all of Chaels fights. He's off the juice now and fighting more horribly than ever. This was obviously not the same guy who fought Nate, Stann and Anderson the first time. That's what you should expect from him. My point is, of course he's going to fight like the crappy washed up fighter he is, which is why he shouldn't be in main events.

wandy is no real black belt alot of brazilians get handed belts due to there status chael is purple belt level and dominated wandy had no hip movement off his back to try to sweep him he just stalled himself trying to hold on and get a stand up
I get that, but, when you've been in the game for THAT long, at the level that he has fought at in his career... WTF man, you've GOTTA have more than THAT to offer off your back. I mean, it's Chael fawkin Sonnen, throw a triangle attempt up there for fuck's sake!

I've seen almost all of Chaels fights. He's off the juice now and fighting more horribly than ever. This was obviously not the same guy who fought Nate, Stann and Anderson the first time. That's what you should expect from him. My point is, of course he's going to fight like the crappy washed up fighter he is, which is why he shouldn't be in main events.
No doubt his level of performance has declined - but, like you infer, WE KNEW THIS. Are you saying that you REALLY expecting to see Sonnen-ASilva 1 level performance out of him when, like you said, he isn't on the juice, he's 40 years old, AND he's essentially fighting part time? His last fight was earlier this year, and, before that, his last fight was all the way back in 2013. Whether or not he should headline a card, I just don't really care because I generally don't watch Bellator anymore unless they actually manage to put together an appealing fight or two(like Primus-Chandler & Lima-Larkin on this card, even if they ended up disappointing for their own unique reasons). My reason for posting in here was because of how many people were, apparently, so surprised that this fight happened the way it did(wasn't really aimed at you for that matter), I can't believe how many people were 'disappointed' or what have you. Gotta manage them expectations!

I bought tickets. Flew to see the fight. Will never spend on a cent on Chael again in my life.

So predictable.

They could just have this replayed for 15 minutes and it would be the same.

wanderlei-sonnen-brawl-tuf.gif
Not fair.

There's more action in this gif than there was in that fight.

u c
I get that, but, when you've been in the game for THAT long, at the level that he has fought at in his career... WTF man, you've GOTTA have more than THAT to offer off your back. I mean, it's Chael fawkin Sonnen, throw a triangle attempt up there for fuck's sake!

No doubt his level of performance has declined - but, like you infer, WE KNEW THIS. Are you saying that you REALLY expecting to see Sonnen-ASilva 1 level performance out of him when, like you said, he isn't on the juice, he's 40 years old, AND he's essentially fighting part time? His last fight was earlier this year, and, before that, his last fight was all the way back in 2013. Whether or not he should headline a card, I just don't really care because I generally don't watch Bellator anymore unless they actually manage to put together an appealing fight or two(like Primus-Chandler & Lima-Larkin on this card, even if they ended up disappointing for their own unique reasons). My reason for posting in here was because of how many people were, apparently, so surprised that this fight happened the way it did(wasn't really aimed at you for that matter), I can't believe how many people were 'disappointed' or what have you. Gotta manage them expectations!
could say the same about chael i guess certain guys just dont care to get better chaels been fighting since 1997 and still got subbed by stupid shit he should known better hes only purple belt level as far as technique goes

Sonnen vs Fedor or Sonnon vs Vitor will be the next ppv guaranteed,

didn't bellator already announce their next ppv is Sonnen vs Bader

This was a matchup of styles. A muay thai striker versus a wrestler. Were you expecting anything different?

What else could Chael have done? He tried to go for an arm lock. He elbowed Wanderlei. When Wanderlei was holding on, Chael punched the body. What else is he supposed to do? This is what mma wrestlers do. Did you watch Brock Lesnar versus Mark Hunt? Hunt's punches were neutralized by Brock Lesnar's wrestling. The match went the same route as Bellator's Chael Sonnen.

I thought that fight delivered better than expected. Chael dished out strong GnP that first round. If there is anyone to fault its Wand for not knowing a basic sprawl.

This was a matchup of styles. A muay thai striker versus a wrestler. Were you expecting anything different?

What else could Chael have done? He tried to go for an arm lock. He elbowed Wanderlei. When Wanderlei was holding on, Chael punched the body. What else is he supposed to do? This is what mma wrestlers do. Did you watch Brock Lesnar versus Mark Hunt? Hunt's punches were neutralized by Brock Lesnar's wrestling. The match went the same route as Bellator's Chael Sonnen.

Except Brock's GnP hurts a tad more than Chael's but I get your point. xD

didn't bellator already announce their next ppv is Sonnen vs Bader

Really? Hadn't read this yet, and imagine King Mo or Vassell will get the shot against Bader. Chapel would get stomped ala his fight with Rashad.

Think another 'marquee' name is in store for Chael, but not sure who yet. I would have said Matt Hughes if the accident hadn't happened.

Dude knows how to sell a fight...for better or worse people are paying for the build up and hype, not the fight itself.

u c

could say the same about chael i guess certain guys just dont care to get better chaels been fighting since 1997 and still got subbed by stupid shit he should known better hes only purple belt level as far as technique goes
yet he subbed shogun

Dude knows how to sell a fight...for better or worse people are paying for the build up and hype, not the fight itself.
Man I disagree. I think his persona is getting tired, the schtick is over. He's starting to sound like a dad wanting to be cool. He's not even triggering people anymore.

Chael - I hate New York .... crickets from the new yorker crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back