Chael should never main event again

Ballsack Mcgee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Do people really want to see him fight? His performances are embarassing now that he's 40 and off the juice. This can't be good for ratings.

I agree. He just stalled. Wanderlei didn't do shit either. Practicing his mannequin challenge, staring blankly at the ceiling.

What? Did you see that flying knee that cut wand's face real deep?

I enjoyed the fight.

So predictable.

They could just have this replayed for 15 minutes and it would be the same.

wanderlei-sonnen-brawl-tuf.gif

People have never bought a Chael Sonnen fight because he delivered highlight reel entertaining... they buy his fights because of the trash he talks... Sonnen has never been a beast standing... it is not rocket science, for Chael to be successful, he as going to put Wand on his back all night... for Want to be successful, he would have to keep the fight standing, and work his takedown defense... one fighter was successful, one wasn't...

He'll main event again and you'll sit there and watch it.

He'll main event again and you'll sit there and watch it.

That doesn't mean anything. I watch all the fights. It's just dumb for Bellator to constantly put this guy in the main event. His fights suck.

I thought Chael fought well. His gameplan was good. Why stand and trade blows with a striker? You can see that Wanderlei was getting the better of him while on the feet.

I think Chael should headline another main event. His fight was better than Mark Hunt's in the UFC's event in New Zealand. The UFC already set the bar low with that boring, gassed out fight.

Are you guys new? Have you never seen Chael fight before?

No, really, what the actual fuck did you expect? For him to stand in front of Wand and take a shin straight to the dome? Or for him to show off some bitchin' new muay thai skills?

Get the fuck over it, there's no reason for these threads to even exist. If you fools seriously expected Chael to do anything different - and, mind you, he maintained dominant position over a supposed BJJ black belt, so go bitch about Wand literally not doing a damn thing from his back - then that's on you, not Chael.

If this was on TV, then it would be fine
But if this drew less than 200k on PPV, it is a bad sign.
This certainly will make it tougher to do another PPV

Chael was trying to GNP, improve position, and go for subs, he was landing brutal gnp in round 1

The stalker was wand who made no attempt to get up, no attempt to go for subs besides that guillotine, all he did was try to break posture and tie Chaels arms up to stall for a stand up

Wand did try to go for armbars in round one and chael was dropping bombs so wand got scared and just defended

Are you guys new? Have you never seen Chael fight before?

No, really, what the actual fuck did you expect? For him to stand in front of Wand and take a shin straight to the dome? Or for him to show off some bitchin' new muay thai skills?

Get the fuck over it, there's no reason for these threads to even exist. If you fools seriously expected Chael to do anything different - and, mind you, he maintained dominant position over a supposed BJJ black belt, so go bitch about Wand literally not doing a damn thing from his back - then that's on you, not Chael.
wandy is no real black belt alot of brazilians get handed belts due to there status chael is purple belt level and dominated wandy had no hip movement off his back to try to sweep him he just stalled himself trying to hold on and get a stand up

Of course UFC fanboys will be unfair against anything to do with Bellator.

Chael followed a winning gameplan against a dangerous striker. Are you people blind? Wanderlei was connecting with this punches.

He was throwing and landing hard ground and pound on Wanderlei in the first. I enjoyed the fight. He definitely was grinding in the end, but he has always been active with his ground and pound when fresh

He was throwing and landing hard ground and pound on Wanderlei in the first. I enjoyed the fight. He definitely was grinding in the end, but he has always been active with his ground and pound when fresh

I like Chael, but totally see why others don't
He did what he had to in the cage to win
can't fault him on that!

Back