Chael P Sonnen - "It can be one on one, or 5 on 1"...

No he didn’t, he said he wanted the RNC but Fedors chin was tucked, he tried to throw him over and hoped that movement opened up the neck. Seems strange but is a move apparently. Plus he had his bell rung several times by then.

Marcelo Garcia and Rickson Gracie used to do it, so Chael thought he could too.

It's like when you're drunk and watching Jackie Chan movies, and you think "i could do that easy". You try a jump spinning back kick but fall down some stairs and end up in hospital.

Jesus H...

Some of you guys need to learn about the fight game. I'm talking to every one of you who think Chael threw the fight. Either learn about fighting or go watch baseball.

I was genuinely thinking the exact same thing.

I was genuinely thinking the exact same thing.
You know, I dont normally get too annoyed with the fans here. But the last two days it has been difficult. Yesterday we had a guy showing up in every thread with an agenda geared towards shitting on Coker for no apparent reason, and tonight everyone thinks a failed, high level move means that a fight was thrown. Maybe I'm old school, but I don't become a fan of anything and not study and learn every fucking detail I can about it. In this case, the history of the game, the history of the players involved (fighters, organizations), the history and details of every individual aspect of fighting (BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling, etc). I started watching this shit when I was so young that I thought being a bad ass meant you look like Hulk Hogan and you boot someone in the face and they die. Once I saw Oleg rape choke a motherfucker wearing his "karate gi", I started realizing I needed to learn some shit. Techniques and why they are used are a big part of that. Some things are obvious, I guess, and can be understood without delving in to study. Some things you need to look a bit harder to understand, so you don't look like a jackass when you see a failed roll and start screaming that a fight was thrown.

Ffs, I wish it was a prerequisite of any new fan to start with UFC 1, Pancrase: Yes We Are Hybrid Fighters 1, Extreme Fighting 1, PRIDE 1, IVC 1, etc., etc., read Total MMA: Inside Ultimate Fighting and The MMA Encyclopedia and work their way to the present. Maybe even watch a fucking K1 match or 100 along the way. This place would be amazing if people knew what the fuck they were talking about more often.

Goddammit, I hate ranting.

Cheers, bud.

Back