Chael on Bruce Lee - "Bruce was a whimp...Bruce couldn't fight a lick"

No, but you are unproven and putting him on the level of people that actually compete is disrespectful.

Chuck said he is a better trainer than fighter. And he was a movie partner of him, why would he trash talk Bruce Lee when he starred in his movies?
He probably wouldn't trash him but they sparred together and he talked about it

LOL at all the edgy guys saying bruce lee was a fraud. He died in '73 at the age of 32 before he even got properly famous. the movie that made him famous came out after his death.
He is a major contributing factor for a lot of people taking up Martial Arts and its popularity in general. But if it makes you cool to speak ill of him go for it.

No, but you are unproven and putting him on the level of people that actually compete is disrespectful.

Chuck said he is a better trainer than fighter. And he was a movie partner of him, why would he trash talk Bruce Lee when he starred in his movies?
He still was world champ in late 60 s . Bruce did well vs him

Huh? Why you calling me a prick? Bruce Lee wasn't the innovator people make him out to be, at least in the regard. He may popularized the idea, but even that is debateable.
OK. Not sure why you quoted me at all then.

Joe Lewis is considered to be the father of modern kickboxing by many. He sparred with Lee and thought Lee was pretty good.

Bruce Lee may not have had much of a chin. How he would do in fights is purely speculative, he was more famous for his philosophies and training methods than fight results. It’s not like it would have been hard to test yourself at that time, plenty of other martial artist from that era have actual fight records and don’t get this mystical treatment.

Joe Lewis is considered to be the father of modern kickboxing by many. He sparred with Lee and thought Lee was pretty good.

Don't waste your time. (ACE video tho)

People in this thread hate Bruce out of jealously.

I mean...c'mon. Bruce inspired and continues to inspire people around the world...including UFC fighters.

...yet goofs on Sherdog try to shit all over him as if he stole their lunch money.

Also, to those of you who PATHEITCALLY attempt to besmirch his name, there IS a world beyond the UFC.......................

There really is.

Bruce was awesome. The end.

Last edited:
Don't waste your time. (ACE video tho)

People in this thread hate Bruce out of jealously.

I mean...c'mon. Bruce inspired and continues to inspire people around the world...including UFC fighters.

...yet goofs on Sherdog try to shit all over him as if he stole their lunch money.

Bruce was awesome. The end.

It's like I said earlier in the thread. People who look at everything in extremes are just making fools of themselves. Lee wasn't a fighting God who would beat anyone and everyone ever. While he wasn't a professional fighter, he also was no slouch when doing full-contact training and sparring. His contemporaries, many of whom did fight professionally all say that.

It's like I said earlier in the thread. People who look at everything in extremes are just making fools of themselves. Lee wasn't a fighting God who would beat anyone and everyone ever. While he wasn't a professional fighter, he also was no slouch when doing full-contact training and sparring. His contemporaries, many of whom did fight professionally all say that.

His work ethic alone was.........VAST.

He was a human sponge when it came to learning about different styles.

All very admirable qualities, alas, losers in this thread are needlessly hateful.

It really boggles the mind.

He obviously was legit
Chuck and bob wall spoke highly of him

I don't doubt he could scrap I mean in the sense that he wasn't a profighter with an extensive career. Anyone who spends every waking moment training martial arts is gonna be able to fight lol. I'm sure he even could of been a great fighter if he focused that route instead of hollywood but what would be the point of that?

I don't doubt he could scrap I mean in the sense that he wasn't a profighter with an extensive career. Anyone who spends every waking moment training martial arts is gonna be able to fight lol. I'm sure he even could of been a great fighter if he focused that route instead of hollywood but what would be the point of that?

The point is that he would ruin his hands and brain while making a fraction of money making movies, writing books, etc, etc.

If you stop paying attention to him long enough, he’ll go away.

Chael is a fucking moron who really tries too hard to stay relevant

He still was world champ in late 60 s . Bruce did well vs him
You keep quoting this world champ as if it was a major thing. It was point fighting karate and it wasn’t at all popular. Bruce did well against him how? All we have is word of mouth from one guy who leveraged the other for fame. And again all we’ve seen of chuck is point fighting karate. Do I doubt Bruce was a good martial artist? No. Do I think he was a fighter or displayed anything that we can judge relative to modern fighters? No. Does chuck Norris word hold up here? His word about his own career isn’t documented.

The point is that he would ruin his hands and brain while making a fraction of money making movies, writing books, etc, etc.
He had no idea he would become a star. A champion boxer would have been a surer path if he was so uniquely talented.

Bruce Lee was a visionary. He understood the basic essence of what MMA was through sheer intuition alone long before the sport even existed. He also pioneered many of the basic tenets that are taught to all up and coming fighters today.

He was way ahead of his time. If he was in his prime today and pursued MMA as a career, he would have whooped some serious ass. He may not have been the greatest fighter ever (although maybe he would have been, who knows), but he had an uncanny level of speed and agility, as well as an instinctive understanding of fighting that few have ever possessed.

Hum no we don t know that.

If Jet Li did mma he would ..... wait that's right we don t know.

Oh and on pioneering concepts, that s not pioneering, since the people doing mma are not influenced the least by jkd/Bruce Lee.

All he had was intuition. Nothing more.

Chael is ripping 1 dimensional fighters?

Lmao, shocking.

Considering Chael is NOTHING but folk wrestling.

He landed that ONE punch on Silva, and now he thinks other disciplines aren't as good.

Chael is/was the most one-dimensional fighter of all time, he dives for double legs from way far out] ...and he isn't even that good at it, lol.

Chael is a basic wrestler, Lee was a striker who wanted to learn more.

Guessing at primes, I'd take Lee...especially after Silva destroyed him.

....you forgot "and gets triangled". Fuck lol the dude lost like 5 pro fights to triangles.

You keep quoting this world champ as if it was a major thing. It was point fighting karate and it wasn’t at all popular. Bruce did well against him how? All we have is word of mouth from one guy who leveraged the other for fame. And again all we’ve seen of chuck is point fighting karate. Do I doubt Bruce was a good martial artist? No. Do I think he was a fighter or displayed anything that we can judge relative to modern fighters? No. Does chuck Norris word hold up here? His word about his own career isn’t documented.

In defense of Norris and the other point fighters of the 60s and 70s, the standard for "light" contact was a lot looser back then. The point circuit's rules varied a lot from tournament to tournament; you could get nailed pretty hard in some of them. (Or do stuff like kicking the groin, as Marchini does on film against a European team.) There were also dojos known for hard contact in kumite, like the Shotokan one that Tonny Tulleners trained at. Bear in mind that the top-ranked Americans in point fighting -- Wallace and Lewis especially -- transitioned smoothly to full contact in their weight classes.

So while Norris might not be as good as a modern kickboxing champion, his accomplishments in that period are still legitimate.

Back