Chael on Bruce Lee - "Bruce was a whimp...Bruce couldn't fight a lick"

I wasn't around then but my dad 12 when he died. He and many others said how he changed things
Bruce changed alot of things and was legit

No hecords of him in competition for anything combat sports related.

Footage of him kicking and boxing is mediocre to say the least. He popularized stuff sure but theres no evidence suggesting he can fight outside of movies lol

Well duh, he wasn't even a fighter.

No one in their right mind would compare Bill Nye to real scientists, let alone Nobel prize winners.
So competing pro makes you legit ? Bruce was and was praised by many . If you haven't turned pro you are not legit ?
Chuck Norris karate mw champ called him legit

Footage of him kicking and boxing is mediocre to say the least. He popularized stuff sure but theres no evidence suggesting he can fight outside of movies lol
Only got praised from karate champion like Norris

Absolutely. I'd love to see some footage of Danny Hodge in a legitimate catch wrestling match. Bill Watts said he saw Hodge wrestle amateur wrestlers who were nationally ranked and they thought they were shooting with Hodge but he was just working with them. Even so, Hodge was still guzzling them!

Judo Gene LeBell was particularly impressed by Lou Thesz. In his biography he said that Thesz would have beaten all the top ten fighters in The UFC - one right after the other.
Lou thesz was a catch god

You are absolutely right. People keep comparing those days Bruce Lee with today's fighters. He understood 50 years ago that one style will not always work. He understood that many moves are useless in a real fight. If he was alive today, he would be training wrestling, boxing and BJJ on top of all he did train already and I believe he would be top MMA fighter. He was very fast and athletic with great work ethic and inteligent after all.
Good post
He was training with gene for gods sake
And was experimenting in styles when it was style vs style

They were good friends and did movies together, doesnt mean anything
A karate champ wouldn't put over an "actor"
And he wasn't the first fighter to praise lee
As in who would win
Chuck said he was world champ but he said lee was very good

Ok?

None of it was ever tested in real competition. They also profited by association with the legend of Bruce Lee.
You think chuck would make it up . ? He was world champion
Bruce was legit many have said. I don't think someone dis him when they are legit

m96jjd.jpg

Guys, Bruce lee never actually fought professionally. But what we do know is That JCVD made neck tatts run away and cry in the car.

<{1-9}> .

Chael is an in the closet Lee fan. During the Bellator event he was quoting Lee's philosophies. He'll say anything for attention, thats the type of man he is.

Last edited:

Are there amateur boxing records?

Anyway many credible pro fighters have said how good he is but we should believe sherdog pro s

I am aware.

Don't be a prick.

Huh? Why you calling me a prick? Bruce Lee wasn't the innovator people make him out to be, at least in the regard. He may popularized the idea, but even that is debateable.

Last edited:
So competing pro makes you legit ? Bruce was and was praised by many . If you haven't turned pro you are not legit ?

No, but you are unproven and putting him on the level of people that actually compete is disrespectful.

Chuck Norris karate mw champ called him legit

Chuck said he is a better trainer than fighter. And he was a movie partner of him, why would he trash talk Bruce Lee when he starred in his movies?

Back