Chael on Bruce Lee - "Bruce was a whimp...Bruce couldn't fight a lick"

Bruce could kick most people's nuts up into their chest before they had a chance to flinch.

Bruce Lee threads are to the Heavies what tipping threads are to the Mayberry.

I'm sure Bruce would be proud of his epic spinning backfist and fight I.q

Bruce was a dedicated martial artist who was a student of all styles. On top of that he was a physical freak of nature. Insanely fast, crazy training regiment, shredded beyond all belief, ect. He was wise and mentally ahead of his time for martial arts...but there are a lot of unknowns as well.

No one really knows how good Bruce really was. He was an actor, not a pro fighter. Most of his feats are through word of mouth. His actually fighting prowess will never be known. Maybe all rumors were true. Maybe his charisma lead people to be mesmerized by his displays. Anyone who makes a definate claim either way is full of shit. None of us could possibly know.

I don't think it really matters tho. Bruce was and is to this day one of the greatest symbols of martial arts we've ever seen. The attention he brought to martial arts in the west inspired countless people to study martial arts.

Regardless of his actual skill, he did great things for martial arts as a whole

While mma wasn’t an option for Bruce he could have used his allegedly amazing reflexes and hand speed to showcase in boxing. He instead never did anything in real combat. Hey he became a household name and can’t blame the path he took but he was never a fighter. He was an actor and a student and teacher of martial arts. He wasn’t even a competitor.

Sambo and Vale Tudo already been established by the time Bruce Lee came around.
Combat sambo wasn’t a thing back then as far as I know. Vale Tudo had full contact competitions but I dont think sambo did.

So did they have to use special techniques only for Bruce Lee??

How hard is it to believe this? It's not even that amazing. They were old cameras that couldn't catch his movements right. Stuff like that use to happen all the time in movies back in the day. Read a book son.

How hard is it to believe this? It's not even that amazing. They were old cameras that couldn't catch his movements right. Stuff like that use to happen all the time in movies back in the day. Read a book son.
I was asking if these techniques were needed because Lee was so unique. If not then what’s the point in bringing it up?

Yes, a car will beat a horse and cart...But Bruce Lee was ahead of his time, when mixing principals was not standard. Meanwhile Chael's striking was a few years behind for most of his career.

Bruce Lee obviously wasn't a real fighter but his contribution to the propagation of marital arts is indisputable. If you didnt fuck with Bruce Lee movies growin up then i have zero respect for you as a person.
He obviously was legit
Chuck and bob wall spoke highly of him

Back