Chael: Luke Rockhold is talented, handsome, but keep him away from the mic; less is more

He's just a chill surfer dude who finds it hard turning up the intensity when he speaks, so it comes across awkward and uneasy.

Pot and the kettle. Chael sucks on the mic now too. He peaked at the "Nog brothers feeding carrots to buses." He hasn't been good on the mic since that era.
He doesn't try as much now but still says some hilarious things.

Chael is still right.

He's just a chill surfer dude who finds it hard turning up the intensity when he speaks, so it comes across awkward and uneasy.

I totally disagree. I think he's so salty he can't form words.

And McGregor is known as being a great champion to many. Popular opinion =/= right. Chael's cheesy WWE promo bit is tired and unfunny and he sucks at fight predictions.

Give me a good/memorable line from Chael since then...
GTFO
His bellator stuff is some of the best

Tito always says I’m using my mouth to get my opportunities. The only person I know that made money using their mouth is his ex-wife Jenna Jameson
<{Joewithit}>

(Chael complaining about tito always wearing a suit)
Stop looking like a maitre’d at Golden Corral
<{Joewithit}>

People have asked me, ‘How do you sell this fight? Why should we tune in to watch you and Tito?’ This is first time I’ve been in a main event and I don’t have anything to sell. I could not sell the fans something if I wanted to. This is free, which means everybody can afford it, except Tito.
<{Joewithit}>

Did I know I would generate this reaction? Of course I did. I’m a puppet master. I’m a genius. That’s why I show up in a $20 t-shirt, and he shows up in a dead guy’s suit
. <{Joewithit}>

Lean, mean, and 217. Solid steel and sex appeal. The women’s pet and the men’s regret. I could not believe he called me fat. Look at the size of these arms, and when you’re focusing on that, focus on this, because I’ve got two of them that’s basically clean, by the way. Pretty much.

hqdefault (1).jpg

I don't think he should stay off the Mic, since that's not really an option. He just needs a "communications coach" to teach him how to pump up the fights without sounding condescending and overconfident. If you go by Luke NOBODY belongs in the cage with him. Unfortunately, you only get to say stuff like that when you haven't been KO'd twice.

And McGregor is known as being a great champion to many. Popular opinion =/= right. Chael's cheesy WWE promo bit is tired and unfunny and he sucks at fight predictions.

Give me a good/memorable line from Chael since then...
“Tito always says I’m using my mouth to get my opportunities,” Sonnen said during the pre-fight press conference. “The only person that I know that made money using their mouth was his ex-wife.”

Rockhold isn't even all that handsome. But when you put him next to a bunch of dudes with multiple broken noses, awful tattoos and horribly cauliflowered ears well...

He's like that decent looking girl.who only hangs out with fat chicks just to elevate her status.

I think Luke should use Chael as his interpreter when conducting interviews the man struggles with fluency & flow.

Pot and the kettle. Chael sucks on the mic now too. He peaked at the "Nog brothers feeding carrots to buses." He hasn't been good on the mic since that era.
Him saying he had a higher juice content than Tropicana was amazing

GTFO
His bellator stuff is some of the best

Tito always says I’m using my mouth to get my opportunities. The only person I know that made money using their mouth is his ex-wife Jenna Jameson
<{Joewithit}>

(Chael complaining about tito always wearing a suit)
Stop looking like a maitre’d at Golden Corral
<{Joewithit}>

People have asked me, ‘How do you sell this fight? Why should we tune in to watch you and Tito?’ This is first time I’ve been in a main event and I don’t have anything to sell. I could not sell the fans something if I wanted to. This is free, which means everybody can afford it, except Tito.
<{Joewithit}>

Did I know I would generate this reaction? Of course I did. I’m a puppet master. I’m a genius. That’s why I show up in a $20 t-shirt, and he shows up in a dead guy’s suit
. <{Joewithit}>

Lean, mean, and 217. Solid steel and sex appeal. The women’s pet and the men’s regret. I could not believe he called me fat. Look at the size of these arms, and when you’re focusing on that, focus on this, because I’ve got two of them that’s basically clean, by the way. Pretty much.

View attachment 278751

I guess it's subjective, none of that is funny to me. I'm getting older now tho too, maybe I'm crotchety.

<{hughesimpress}>

I totally disagree. I think he's so salty he can't form words.
Exactly. There has been a noticeable change in his personality since he lost to Bisping. The Count turned him from Keanu Reeves to Frank Castle

Rockhold isn't even all that handsome. But when you put him next to a bunch of dudes with multiple broken noses, awful tattoos and horribly cauliflowered ears well...

He's like that decent looking girl.who only hangs out with fat chicks just to elevate her status.
No way. The guy makes really good money, is famous, has model face and body, and gets the "bad boy" credit for being a fighter. There is not a human being on this planet that causes the moisture levels to rise like he does.

I'm totally jealous

Back