Chael has fought the toughest compition.

Eli1015

Martial Artist
@Brown
Reaction score
It's kinda crazy when you look at it. He fought Anderson silva 2X( former champ), Shogun( former champ) Wanderlei( pride champ)Jon Jones( LHW goat) Bisping(Current MW champ), Rashad( former champ), Tito oriz( former champ), and some solid fighters like, Brian stann, Nate marquart. And hes fighting FEDOR next lol. Now he just needs to fight GSP to complete his resume of people he fought.

Dan Henderson, Big Nog, and Kevin Randleman have fought the toughest competition.

Chael Sonnen is the best because he says it so.

Undefeated even if he lost 15 fights.

Dan Henderson, Big Nog, and Kevin Randleman have fought the toughest competition.
Fighting Anderson silva, and Jon Jones and Fedor next pretty much all 3 GOATS beats everyone. Lmao

It's kinda crazy when you look at it. He fought Anderson silva 2X( former champ), Shogun( former champ) Wanderlei( pride champ)Jon Jones( LHW goat) Bisping(Current MW champ), Rashad( former champ), Tito oriz( former champ), and some solid fighter like, Brian stann, Nate marquart. And hes fighting FEDOR next lol. Now he just needs to fight GSP to complete his resume of people he fought.
You can't give him credit for fighting Bisping. Even though I believe Bisping won that fight, I wouldn't give Chael Sonnen credit for fighting Bisping when Bisping hadn't achieved anything in the UFC.

You can't give fighters hindsight credit. For example, if Pico becomes a great champ in 5 years, you can't give the dude who just slept him in 24 seconds credit 5 years down the line for sleeping Pico. HAHAHA

It makes no sense.

Chael Sonnen only person in the world who got his black belt in bullshitdo in 3 years. Similar to B.J. Penn, but his belt actually counts.

You can't give him credit for fighting Bisping. Even though I believe Bisping won that fight, I wouldn't give Chael Sonnen credit for fighting Bisping when Bisping hadn't achieved anything in the UFC.

You can't give fighters hindsight credit. For example, if Pico becomes a great champ in 5 years, you can't give the dude who just slept him in 24 seconds credit 5 years down the line for sleeping Pico. HAHAHA

It makes no sense.
Bisping was still solid top 10 back then though. Another top 10 win.

His resume looks better than Conor's. Conor's resume is almost laughable. 10 fights in the UFC, and two good opponents (Nate and Aldo) questionable opponents (Poirier with a very questionable chin and Alvarez, also a questionable chin with a 3-1 record in the UFC at the time).

I will never give Conor credit for Mendez. That was 2 weeks notice, not enough time to get in shape for 5 rounds.

His resume looks better than Conor's. Conor's resume is almost laughable. 10 fights in the UFC, and two good opponents (Nate and Aldo) questionable opponents (Poirier with a very questionable chin and Alvarez, also a questionable chin with a 3-1 record in the UFC at the time).

I will never give Conor credit for Mendez. That was 2 weeks notice, not enough time to get in shape for 5 rounds.
Aldo( FW GOAT), Eddie alverez( Champion in every promotion he's ever fought in), Max Holloway( Current FW champion), Chad Mendes( top 3 FW or years), Dustin porier( top ten at FW, and LW), Nate Diaz( top ten lightweight for many years)

Conor beat mendes and conor also fought him on 2 weeks notice, don't forget that...he also beat the reigning FW champion, extremely easy with a torn acl...then beat aldo in 13 seconds...then revenged and beat nate at 170lbs...Sorry, but sonnen fighting all the top guys and losing to most of them, doesn't count...you have to win, for it to count....

It's kinda crazy when you look at it. He fought Anderson silva 2X( former champ), Shogun( former champ) Wanderlei( pride champ)Jon Jones( LHW goat) Bisping(Current MW champ), Rashad( former champ), Tito oriz( former champ), and some solid fighters like, Brian stann, Nate marquart. And hes fighting FEDOR next lol. Now he just needs to fight GSP to complete his resume of people he fought.
chael knows his fighting days are numbered. he is just trying to cash in while he still can

Conor beat mendes and conor also fought him on 2 weeks notice, don't forget that...he also beat the reigning FW champion, extremely easy with a torn acl...then beat aldo in 13 seconds...then revenged and beat nate at 170lbs...Sorry, but sonnen fighting all the top guys and losing to most of them, doesn't count...you have to win, for it to count....
Sonnen doesn't have a better resume than Conor but guys like TJ Dillashaw, Weidman and CoGar do. Conor's best wins are Aldo, who he didnt give a rematch so a fluke isnt rule out, Mendes, who ragdolled Conor with a 2 weeks camp until he gassed, and a questionable decision against Nate Diaz, a perennial gatekeeper.

Aldo( FW GOAT), Eddie alverez( Champion in every promotion he's ever fought in), Max Holloway( Current FW champion), Chad Mendes( top 3 FW or years), Dustin porier( top ten at FW, and LW), Nate Diaz( top ten lightweight for many years)
I look at Conor's record and I can only acknowledge Aldo and Nate Diaz.

Chad Mendes would have been a good victory if Chad had a full training camp. The guy couldn't even fight for 2 full rounds. If you soul really needs that win for Conor, then do you.

Max Holloway is the Champ today, and he was 3-2 when Conor beat him. If Conor beats him today, then flair play, but giving Conor props for beating a 21 yo 3-2 fighter is just laughable to me.

Why isn't hard for folks to understand that it makes no sense to give hindsight props? HAHAHA

I guess the guy who KO'd Cody Garbrandt STIFF is the BW GOAT. Because Cody beat Dominic Cruz who was the previous GOAT, to become the current GOAT.

Joe Rogan logic is a bunch of nonsense.

Conor didn't fight Mendes on 2 weeks of conditioning. He had a full camp to prepare. Stop with the bullshit alternative facts.

Again, Max Holloway was 3-2 in the UFC when Conor beat him. Max was submitted in the first round by Dustin Poirier, and lost a split decision to Denis Bermudez. This the Max Holloway Conor beat. He was still a bum at that time.

Conor beat Aldo. He is 1-1 with Nate Diaz, and that is his resume. The rest of the dudes on his conquest were like 3-1, 3-2, short notice fights, old veterans without their TRT, dudes who do well against bums but get KO when they face top level guys.

These are the guys Conor beat. If you are happy with that record, fine, be happy.

"Conor also had 2 weeks" is BS excuse. Conor was already in training to fight the FW GOAT Aldo, so of course he was well prepared to fight just about anyone at FW. Chad Mendes, although he may have been "in shape", was not training for anyone IIRC.

Just like the same excuse for when he lost to Nate. Nate was partying in Cabo while Conor was preparing and training to fight the LW Champ RDA.

Back