Chael Goes Full Retard for Colby

I kinda feel Chael, Shaub, Colby and Rogan are all in on the joke and are trolling everyone.

Chael certainly is. There's no way he's "mad" at Rogan, and starting a "beef" with Schaub just gives him more publicity.

I agree with this, Chael and Rogan are tight, I highly doubt he's mad at Joe.

There's been a lot of heated discussion from Chael about Rogan's comments during the PPV that Colby Covington was trying to earn ppvs with his act.

One thing is, Chael is almost constantly admitting that Covington is putting up an act. He tries to make it seem like Covington has a master plan behind this, when in reality it's pretty clear he is trying too hard to be a bad guy everyone wants to see lose (Although he already lost), and it doesn't come off authentic the way Conor did

how can he expose him more when only 200 people listen to chaels podcast

Sonnen's rationale is that casual fans (which he alleged make up 85% of the buyrates) don't watch these sorts of videos; his gripe is the fact that Rogan made the aforementioned comments during the PPV, where casual fans would be.

Sonnen's rationale is that casual fans (which he alleged make up 85% of the buyrates) don't watch these sorts of videos; his gripe is the fact that Rogan made the aforementioned comments during the PPV, where casual fans would be.
I see Chaels point but I also like that Rogan speaks his mind.

Let’s be honest, hyping a fight is cool, but what Colby does is pure cringe. He had to resort to prejudice against a country to be heard because he’s very uninteresting.

If gastellum said Australia was a dump full of weak cowards, he’d probably be fighting Whittaker next. It’s not hard to be controversial. People can see it’s not genuine, so it’s not like Rogan is letting the cat out of the bag for most rational human beings

Chael knows the whole game all too well. Guy went to pro wrestler training camp. He knows how to sell because that's a huge part of pro wrestling. Rogan shouldn't brought it up on the ppv.

I see Chaels point but I also like that Rogan speaks his mind.

Let’s be honest, hyping a fight is cool, but what Colby does is pure cringe. He had to resort to prejudice against a country to be heard because he’s very uninteresting.

If gastellum said Australia was a dump full of weak cowards, he’d probably be fighting Whittaker next. It’s not hard to be controversial. People can see it’s not genuine, so it’s not like Rogan is letting the cat out of the bag for most rational human beings
I can't remember the last fight I watched and didn't have the commentary on mute.

While I totally understand what Colby is doing, it all seems a little forced and doesn’t come off as natural.

Chael overreacted. Tempest in a teapot. If everyone were to act like a pro wrestler, the sport would suck.

Chael was trolling. That's what he does.

- "I'll just end it here, I have nothing more to say about this..."
- rambles on for another 15 minutes

Chael is just stating that Colby is trying to cultivate a character just as he did years ago. While it’s an unpopular sentiment among the warriors of virtue on Sherdog, it takes more than two guys fighting to sell a fight. There has to be a resonance, a sound bite, some tension to grab the viewer. Literally no one cares that fighter A is fighting for his son or to bring honor to his gym. It’s a hell of a lot more interesting when fighter A appears to severely dislike fighter B, because as laymen we associate mutual disdain with fighting. That’s why fights typically break out in the real world.

Even we hardcores who know that Colby likely doesn’t act that way all day don’t like being reminded, “hey, it’s a character. He’s actually just a regular hard working guy.” It’s like people telling you, “you know, in the movie Terminator Arnold isn’t really a cyborg!” We know that someone like Conor isn’t popping bottles and flossing every night to be able to look and fight the way he does. Really, Jones is the only guy who may actually be living on the edge while whipping ass at a world class level. And guess what? Fans dig Jones more because of it. He’s not a regular human being and as fans, we don’t want to see regular humans. We want characters. Pride framed its fighters as though they were comic book characters and that’s why nearly a decade later, when we think of Fedor, Cro Cop, Rampage, Shogun and Wanderlei, we think Pride.

Lord Chael has known Colby since Colby was a kid. Is normal.

Chael knows that merely mentioning Rogan boosts his own pitiful ratings.

There's no such thing as kayfabe in UFC, this isn't pro wrestling no matter how much people like Chael and Colby want it to be.

how can he expose him more when only 200 people listen to chaels podcast
Its easy. I exposed myself to about 6 people on a bus, and got in serious trouble. I can only imagine if there were 200.

Chael is just stating that Colby is trying to cultivate a character just as he did years ago. While it’s an unpopular sentiment among the warriors of virtue on Sherdog, it takes more than two guys fighting to sell a fight. There has to be a resonance, a sound bite, some tension to grab the viewer. Literally no one cares that fighter A is fighting for his son or to bring honor to his gym. It’s a hell of a lot more interesting when fighter A appears to severely dislike fighter B, because as laymen we associate mutual disdain with fighting. That’s why fights typically break out in the real world.

Even we hardcores who know that Colby likely doesn’t act that way all day don’t like being reminded, “hey, it’s a character. He’s actually just a regular hard working guy.” It’s like people telling you, “you know, in the movie Terminator Arnold isn’t really a cyborg!” We know that someone like Conor isn’t popping bottles and flossing every night to be able to look and fight the way he does. Really, Jones is the only guy who may actually be living on the edge while whipping ass at a world class level. And guess what? Fans dig Jones more because of it. He’s not a regular human being and as fans, we don’t want to see regular humans. We want characters. Pride framed its fighters as though they were comic book characters and that’s why nearly a decade later, when we think of Fedor, Cro Cop, Rampage, Shogun and Wanderlei, we think Pride.

I don't know how you could summon the level of disbelief suspension to ever even momentarily forget it's an act. He fucking stutters while trying to trash talk. It's a goddamn embarassment. I've scarcely ever seen someone worse at it.

Back