Chael: Brock is the A side vs DC

I am rather confused by this fight for DC. For man that constantly talks about his legacy being so important to him and now he has like two fights to go and he wants to fight Brock? I know Because he thinks it’s going to make a lot of money for him. I’m telling you right now it will not. Brock is not the draw he was in the sport. He used to be legit and he is not anymore. Hell years ago after he lost to Cain his fight with Reem did under 800 thousand buys. Now he is like a decade removed from his best with 1 fight under his belt 2 plus years ago. DC should just be fighting the two best opponents possible to further his legacy. This is not going to be to pay off that he thinks it’s going to be.

if he could get the brock pay day fighting stipe he fight him instead.

dc is looking for a big pyday in his retirement fight.

He may be the A side but in the fight he’d be a bottom probably.

He Said this in a video about ronda and Brock. It wasnt the point of the video, he just threw that out there real quick so no need to embed.

But is he? Well yeah, in terms of selling tickets and PPV, but i guess so would Tom Cruise and Leonardo dicaprio or CM punk if they were booked out of their popularity outside the cage alone right? Of course, Brock does have a past in legit fighting unlike a random celeb, but you get what im saying...

Can we really say Brock is the A side here?

Sure he was a UFC Champion and all, but like i said that was ages ago. Its not an actual thing right now...

Its like booking Chuck vs Jon Jones.... Would Chuck be the a side?

Im not saying Brock isnt. Just how wierd It is to brag about It.
DC is the very rightful favorite and will likely wreck Brock in the first round.

That said, DC vs Stipe (who has the most HW title defenses) was a "superfight" and it didn't exactly draw record numbers. It's not unreasonable to think DC vs Brock (who hasn't won a fight in 8 years) will do double the PPV buys

That's the "A-side" for the UFC

A side, what a fucking stupid term. No one ever uses that term.

So if Brock lasts longer then Stipe or some of DC's other opponents, what does that say?

Only one true A-side in the UFC

giphy.gif
images3C7IVL71.jpg

Jones ain't selling that well alone... Jones does good with a good match up and rivalry like Evans, DC, Rampage. (Gus was a no go)

Jones did almost 900K buys last time out! How is that not selling well?

People forget or just don't acknowledge that Brock is a legit world class wrestler, he easily could have been an olympian if he chose to be, he fought whoever was put in front of him at the time and thats all he could do, he won some and lost some like everybody else, it's an interesting fight and Dc is rightfully the favourite but Brock has a shot here make no mistake

It's the truth. DC will never get a payday this big and it's all down to brock, even a 3rd fight with jones wouldn't out sell a brick fight imo

Excuse the bump but I had to respond to this fuckery :

I don’t see 1 million buys out of this thing. Not at all. Brock is no longer legit and the public understand this. What made him such a huge draw was yes the pro wrestling background/fans but also he was legit. At one point in the UFC this man was a monster in the octagon. He damn near killed Frank Mir at UFC 100. Those days are long gone. CM punks debut in a card that also featured the heavyweight champion defending his title only sold 450,000 buys..

UFC 200
Tate vs. Nunes
source : https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

Yeah. He's no longer legit and the public understands this. It's obvious that Tate and Nunes were the real draws. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, bro? <{outtahere}>

UFC 200
Tate vs. Nunes

Yeah. He's no longer legit and the public understands this. It's obvious that Tate and Nunes were the real draws. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seriously, bro? <{outtahere}>

It’s UFC 200 bro. Every casual fan on the planet is going to buy every 100 events. It’s a huge event that is a can’t miss show. 300 minus Brock does over 1 mil buys..

Chael is the C side lol. Hope Fedor Sleeps this clown

It’s UFC 200 bro. Every casual fan on the planet is going to buy every 100 events. It’s a huge event that is a can’t miss show. 300 minus Brock does over 1 mil buys..

love the excuses and backtracking.

Keep'em coming. <13>

My POINT is that Brock's presence on that card is what contributed to the Buy rate being what it was. Which means that Brock *IS* still legit to this day.

If he wasn't, we would've gotten a buy rate that was between 150 to 200k, i bet.

And anyway, I'm going to say that this UFC PPV does over a million buys. Why? 'Cause Brock is a special attraction. He's not like someone who fights every PPV or UFC Fight Night card where he gets Overexposed. When he fights, it's a BIG DEAL and *everyone* watches.

Even those who want to see him get destroyed.....They WATCH.

love the excuses and backtracking.

Keep'em coming. <13>

My POINT is that Brock's presence on that card is what contributed to the Buy rate being what it was. Which means that Brock *IS* still legit to this day.

If he wasn't, we would've gotten a buy rate that was between 150 to 200k, i bet.

Honestly are you seriously that interested in watching DC beat the fucking shit out of him? He has no chance whatsoever at doing anything. He is past 40 and has not been a remotely relevant opponent in almost 10 years. People understand this as fact. Yeah he might bring in some teenage idiots that watch him wrestle but that’s about it. Actual fans of the sport they don’t give a fuck about this fight. Because it’s a bad fight. Totally non-competitive.

Honestly are you seriously that interested in watching DC beat the fucking shit out of him? He has no chance whatsoever at doing anything. He is past 40 and has not been a remotely relevant opponent in almost 10 years. People understand this as fact. Yeah he might bring in some teenage idiots that watch him wrestle but that’s about it. Actual fans of the sport they don’t give a fuck about this fight. Because it’s a bad fight. Totally non-competitive.

Aren't you?

Or are you going to skip that fight then?

If you are not going to watch, then we have nothing more to discuss. <DisgustingHHH>

Aren't you?

Or are you going to skip that fight then?

If you are not going to watch, then we have nothing more to discuss.

No I have no interest whatsoever. That is what I have been saying. It’s a completely non-competitive fight. It’s not going to do the numbers DC thinks it’s going to do. 600-700 tops.. it will come in well under what his rematch with Jones did..

Back