Chad Mendes vs Eddie Alvarez

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
Chad gave Conor a much tougher fight while Conor destroyed Alvarez. Conor made a similar point IIRC (Or maybe, it was on sherdog) about Chad being better everywhere and I agree. Chad has far better wrestling, more heavy top control, even better striking despite being short and Eddie having a good weight advantage. How do you see the fight going? I doubt Eddie could hold Chad against the fence and grind on him. Thoughts?
Also, it won't ever happens, who does better in a rematch against Conor? :p

Full camp Mendes beats Conor.

Ya'll still don't know who Eddie Alvarez is do you?

How much longer is Mendes suspended?

Chad's wrestling would be too much for Eddie, also Chad's striking has come on leaps and bounds. Chad takes this one comfortably.

Is chad back in the picture? When's his suspensions over?

Fan of both. Think full-camp Mendes would win a decision. Would be a war if Alvarez could keep it standing to bang!!!

How much longer is Mendes suspended?
I think the regular 2 years? Not too sure but damn, I miss watching him fight. He came back way too early after the Conor loss.

Chad's wrestling would be too much for Eddie, also Chad's striking has come on leaps and bounds. Chad takes this one comfortably.[/QUOTE
Chad is also much explosive and athletic. He has a pretty good double too. Never seen Eddie shoot from a distance and that hurt him vs Conor.

Chad is also much explosive and athletic. He has a pretty good double too. Never seen Eddie shoot from a distance and that hurt him vs Conor.
Chad has a sick double leg, one of the best in MMA. Mad how FW has two of the best wrestlers in MMA in one division.

Chad has a sick double leg, one of the best in MMA. Mad how FW has two of the best wrestlers in MMA in one division.
I dunno how the fuck my response got into the quote. :p Glad you caught it tho.
FW is full of talent. Two of the best strikers in Conor and Aldo, Max is pretty damn good too. Best wrestlers in Edgar and Mendes. People don't give Aldo enough respect for staying on top of that division.

Look at them arms
tyrannosaurus-rex-info-graphic.png

Duders, I just looked it up, Chad is ineligible until June 10...2018

Edit 1 : He's dead to me, Chas menses was never my friend

Edit 2: How the fuck does it seem like he's punished more than jones?

Edit C: I know how

I think Eddie beats him just by being much bigger and knowing how to wrestle enough. I agree though Chad could beat FW Connor. People overestimated and misunderstood Eddie's wrestling heading into the Connor fight. Eddie is a grinder. His wrestling is completely reliant on having more heart and better conditioning than his opponent. If a wrestler is going beat Connor its got to be a wrestler who can finish a double leg cleanly. Think Chad, Frankie, Sherk. With Connor having such game changing power you gotta put him on his back quickly. A guy like Eddie who NEVER finishes double legs cleanly and has to fight for the takedown against the cage was never gonna beat Connor.

Yeah but Eddie fought a better version of Conor, not only bigger but with improved tdd and better cardio. I think the current version of Conor would make short work of Chad too if they fought at 55.

Anyway p4p I think Chad is probably better than Eddie, assuming his chin isn't gone I think he'd probably win at 45 (which I think Eddie could probably make), not sure at 55 though probably a coin-flip.

Another factor as to why Chad gave him a tougher test is Conor does much better when he has time to prepare and study his opponent, his 2 toughest fights in the UFC were both from late replacements which isn't a coincidence.

Last edited:
Yeah but Eddie fought a better version of Conor, not only bigger but with improved tdd and better cardio. I think the current version of Conor would make short work of Chad too if they fought at 55.

Anyway p4p I think Chad is probably better than Eddie, assuming his chin isn't gone I think he'd probably win at 45 (which I think Eddie could probably make), not sure at 55 though probably a coin-flip.

Another factor as to why Chad gave him a tougher test is Conor does much better when he has time to prepare and study his opponent, his 2 toughest fights in the UFC were both from late replacements which isn't a coincidence.
I do think Conor was injured a bit in the Mendes fight but like the guy above said, Chad's blast double is the best option against Conor, especially when Mendes has a reach disadvantage and can't get in without eating a couple of lefts.
I have Conor winning but Chad will give him problems because he's a far better wrestler than Eddie.

Don't see Eddie grinding him against the cage and Mendes has fast hands with good power, favor him on the feet too.

Chad gave Conor a much tougher fight while Conor destroyed Alvarez. Conor made a similar point IIRC (Or maybe, it was on sherdog) about Chad being better everywhere and I agree. Chad has far better wrestling, more heavy top control, even better striking despite being short and Eddie having a good weight advantage. How do you see the fight going? I doubt Eddie could hold Chad against the fence and grind on him. Thoughts?
Also, it won't ever happens, who does better in a rematch against Conor? :p

never been impressed by Eddie. he got the title by chance.

Eddie beats him easy, bigger, stronger, good enough wrestling to defend the double and much better hands. C'mon now.

never been impressed by Eddie. he got the title by chance.
Eddie is good, well rounded but he doesn't excel at anything. I knew Conor was going to blast him coming in because his shoots are nowhere near explosive and quick as Chad. I swear, Conor was likely seeing Eddie move in slow motion.
I thought he lost the pettis fight...

Back