Certified Personal Trainer with Nutrition and Fitness Tips

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Tidal Wave, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave White Belt

Whats up, fellow Sherdogers?

Just wanted to help out fellow martial artists with some fitness and nutrition tips via my YouTube Channel: HEALTHY LIKE FELTY

Give it a look, I cover motivation, diet, exercise and other common misconceptions about getting in shape.

If you have any topics or suggestions please let me know!

Johnny Mac likes this.
  2. BillytheFish

BillytheFish Purple Belt

I think you need some music in the background and some video editing effects

Tidal Wave likes this.
  3. Sano

Sano Black Belt

I was gonna come in here and shame you for promoting your crap fitness videos and use the popcorn gif, but I actually kinda like the puppet shtick. Pretty funny in an odd sorta way.

4. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Discipline > motivation

Good luck in your endeavors man

5. Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave White Belt

LOL, thanks. No bad intentions here, just trying to cover topics that are usually false filled with bro science.

True, but unfortunately self discipline is only reached from within. "You can bring a horse to the water but you can't make it drink the water". Thanks for the support.

6. Mark Cutting

Mark Cutting Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

Just seems motivation is fleeting in most people. They really just want someone to respond to or "like" their hashtag campaigns :)

Tidal Wave likes this.
  7. MandirigmaFit

MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

Which of these chemicals fry your nervous system?

Have you taken chemistry, bio-, or organic chemistry?

8. Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave White Belt

When I said "fry" it wasn't meant literally but as a slang. As you may or may not know caffeine in itself builds a tolerance. Leading to increase in pre workout doses.

9. jgarner

jgarner Red Belt

Suggestion #1.

Stop promoting your YouTube channel on the site. Don't be surprised if the moderators delete your thread for that shit. If you want to help people, then type up the material and post it in a thread or go into other threads and help those people directly instead of looking your material.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  10. Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave White Belt

Thanks, as you can see by my join date and message count I'm not much of a poster. I apologize if I have broken any rules and and accept if a moderator closes this thread.

My intentions are not malicious as I'm just trying to spread some laughs and knowledge to my fellow Sherbos.

I appreciate the suggestion and apologize again if I came off the wrong way with this thread.

11. jgarner

jgarner Red Belt

Yeah I think they'll probably be a little more lenient with you because you're an actual member who's been around for a while, but self-promo is generally frowned upon. I know you aren't trying to be malicious or anything like that, but it would be really nice to see you the forum more often helping out. We can always use more educated S&C trainers in here and I certainly don't hold any ill will for you posting this. I just know that less people will have access to the information if you just send them to your videos than if you hung around and helped out.

Plus if you really want to drive traffic to your content, then getting well known here will really help that goal! Best of luck to you buddy

Tidal Wave likes this.
  12. Tidal Wave

Tidal Wave White Belt

Thank you for the kind words, it is much appreciated!

jgarner likes this.