Cerrone's call out of Khabib

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Everybody at 155 is too poor of a striker to face Khabib. Like they're stuck in the mud almost. Bunch of stiff, glass jawed RATS

Behind the scenes cowboy bullies Mcgregor but in the cage with the added pressure; Donald is going to fold.

Lol at all these people counting Cowboy out. He could very well beat Khabib. I'm not saying Khabib sucks, but Cowboy has a style that could give him problems. He's good everywhere. He has much better grappling skills than Conor and Conor managed to neutralize him for a round. Cowboy also has MUCH better cardio than both Conor and Khabib. Were this fight to happen, it wouldn't be the one-sided asswhooping most of you are making it out to be.

Yes
It
Would. . we've seen and heard it all before. Barboza treatment brudda

He also has the second highest Takedown Defense Percentage in the weight class. Second only to Tibau.

@MarkyMcFly
March 23 2015

Is this stat about Cerrone still true? Found this post in an old discussion.
Guess what the discussion was about??
Khabib Vs Cerrone.

He also has the second highest Takedown Defense Percentage in the weight class. Second only to Tibau.

@MarkyMcFly
March 23 2015

Is this stat about Cerrone still true? Found this post in an old discussion.
Guess what the discussion was about??
Khabib Vs Cerrone.

According to fightmetric, it was true. I haven't looked in a long time to see where he stands now. I'll try to find it.

*Edit

3rd now, Magomedov has moved up into the 2nd spot with 89.3% of Takedowns defended. Cerrone is at 88.4%. Tibau still up top at 92%

Is everyone forgetting how good Cowboy's guard is?

{<huh}

It would not look the same as when Khabib had McGregor down, for sure.

I'm not saying Cerrone torches him, but Cerrone is very very dangerous from his back and can take some punishment too.

Khabib would out strike him due to the wrestling threat, like he's done to all of his other opponents.

I don't think you should use "out strike" in that manner. On the feet, Conor out struck Khabib (at least numebrs wise).

Now if you said Khabib would outstrike him because of his wrestling, and ended it there...you may be right. It's not the threat of a takedown that lets Khabib "outstrike" his opponents, it's that ground and pound counts as strikes.

I don't think you should use "out strike" in that manner. On the feet, Conor out struck Khabib (at least numebrs wise).

Now if you said Khabib would outstrike him because of his wrestling, and ended it there...you may be right. It's not the threat of a takedown that lets Khabib "outstrike" his opponents, it's that ground and pound counts as strikes.
Anybody who watched that fight knows Khabib won the stand up battle. Landing a few more strikes being teeps that did no damage may be landing a couple more strikes on the feet, but ultimately Khabib scored the only knockdown and in round 3 landed the harder shots on Conor.

Cerrone is on a 1-fight winning streak in another division. He fulfills all the requirements for his earned title shot. [<cena1}

Back