Cenk Uygur Of The Young Turks: "The Media Is Outrageously Right-Wing"

BoxingFan653

C-137
@Brown
Reaction score
Heard him talking about this today...he believes the mainstream media is HEAVILY right wing....he also said this in August of 2018 on his twitter

"This whole @benshapiro offering to debate @Ocasio2018 issue is ridiculous and shows the bias of the media in favor of the right-wing. Fine, I offer the same $10,000 to debate @tedcruz. Not joking. Guaranteed it gets no coverage. Why won't the bumbling coward Ted Cruz debate me?!"

Liberals of the forum...back your boy up

tumblr_n0bv8dfnGP1s0teago1_400.gif

Heard him talking about this today...he believes the mainstream media is HEAVILY right wing....he also said this in August of 2018 on his twitter

"This whole @benshapiro offering to debate @Ocasio2018 issue is ridiculous and shows the bias of the media in favor of the right-wing. Fine, I offer the same $10,000 to debate @tedcruz. Not joking. Guaranteed it gets no coverage. Why won't the bumbling coward Ted Cruz debate me?!"

Well, answer the man.

Why won’t Cruz debate him? And why won’t we read about the challenge tomorrow?

Pot calling the kettle black. Fucking amatuer hour in the war room.

Poor guy, he's so wrong.

But the media is strongly neo-con(bc neocon isn't just right wing)

It's for all the wars and acts of blantant aggression we've ever committed. It worships the mega corporations and globalization.

It's like whoever runs all the media also run the world economic apparatus

Technically, the mainstream media breaks down like this:

On the military: RIght wing.
On the economy: Center right.
On social issues: Center left.
On nothing: Left wing.

It's pretty simple and should be pretty obvious to any educated, objective observer.

I feel like this site needs a word filter that changes his name to “who cares.” No idea how this guy is even a thing.

The Armenian chick would get it tho.

Media is right wing now? Which media outside of fox isn’t left of Bernie Sanders liberal exactly?
How much relative attention does the MSM direct at real working class issues Iike labor conditions, unions, workers rights, wage stagnation, price of education, healthcare premiums, etc?

But, boy, they ALWAYS cover the stock market, though, right?

Even though the majority of stocks are owned by 10% of American families and the majority of Americans hold little if any stock.

Hmmm... what’s that if not right wing economic bias?

Wonder why they don’t have wages, price of food, healthcare premiums., etc on that ticker at the bottom of the screen...

Last edited:

@Jack Savage would agree with him

If by right wing he means corportist warmongering shills then I agree , the media is full of that

Just because Trump P@wned Cruz like a cheap suit in the Presidential Debates doesn't mean Ted can't debate at all.

Cenk has lost his mind(as if he had one to begin with).

Cruz would school him and his show would have to shut down due to the embarassment and humiliation that Ted would heap on him. <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

I don't see how anyone can argue against him. The United States government and the major sources of media have never promoted Leftist ideas, so the point that he's making regarding the media being biased to the Right is spot on and quite frankly his assertion is indisputable. The Social Democracy of FDR and maybe JFK is about as close as the U.S. gov has gone towards the Left. I don't think Americans have a clear conception of what being a Leftist signifies. Democrats are not Leftists - they miss the mark by a large margin (this has been changing in the past couple years, however, the party is still dominated by Corporate Dems). Obviously, Republicans are not Leftists either since they are economically reactionary warhawks that are lovers of nonsensical traditions. Libertarians, the Tea Party folk, are even more reactionary than Republicans even though their supporters like to claim they care about "social issues" (LOL the contradiction is hilarious, but I digress). Anyways, yes, the media is certainly not controlled by the working class and sure as hell not by Leftist-minded intellectuals, because corporate interests and the perpetuation of global neoliberalism dominates public discourse.

Anyone can argue against him because he's a fucking HACK.

He's as much a HACK as Alex Jones but without the tin-foil hat sticking out of his ass.

He's as much a HACK as Alex Jones but without the tin-foil hat sticking out of his ass.

Ad hominems are the order of the day in here, but your contribution would be valid if you actually contested his arguments and my elaboration of it instead of empty posting.

Alex Jones is 50x more credible than sank uggo.

Ad hominems are the order of the day in here, but your contribution would be valid if you actually contested his arguments and my elaboration of it instead of empty posting.

I think my post is valid just like you think your post is valid.

You have no room to judge anyone here, pal.

But please go ahead and put up another barely-readable wall of text with no paragraphs again.

Back