Cenk Uygur debates Ben Shapiro on July 30th! Who are you picking?

Who you picking?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Bernie. Cruz is a fuckhead. Cruz won the debate.

Cruz took an early lead, Bernie did alright for a while but couldn't keep it together in the end. Cruz is just a much better debater.

I don't see Junk doing nearly as well against Ben.

Yea I heard somewhere that Cruz was a vicious debater. I'll check it out.

Edit - The whiny hot chick is going to debate Ann Coulter? Lol
I think that might be an even bigger slaughter.

Ana Kasparian is very mentally unstable and Ann Coulter is the master of triggering lefties. That means Ana is going to lose her mind and freak out. She will be yelling and calling Coulter every name in the book.

Ben is too smart, too quick, and far too knowledgeable about everything that could possibly come up. You can see him listening intently too what someone is saying and his little (brain) processes everything and connects all the dots to destroy. He is a fucking machine and I love watching him wreck everyone.

Cenk gets frustrated, and lets emotion grab him and stutters sometimes like an asshole. Ben will destroy him with logic, reason and facts.

Ana Kasparian is very mentally unstable and Ann Coulter is the master of triggering people. That means Ana is going to lose her mind and freak out. She will be yelling and calling Coulter every name in the book.

Coulter is a strong woman. She has gotten more shit than almost anybody in the political talk show game. She never gets emotional and is just cold, calm and relentless. She doesn't stop until she drives her point home and she sounds like a witch. I love her. She is literally built to destroy emotional idiots like Ana.

Coulter is like a Prime Ronda ripping off an arm. The competition just wasn't up to snuff.

Ben is Prime GSP. He fucking will beat you everywhere and win every round.

Ana Kasparian is very mentally unstable and Ann Coulter is the master of triggering lefties. That means Ana is going to lose her mind and freak out. She will be yelling and calling Coulter every name in the book.

I wouldn't be too sure, rumor has it that Ana is better than you.

Ben is Prime GSP. He fucking will beat you everywhere and win every round.

Idk man. With a right gameplan & pressure, Chunk might get a controversial loss.

IMG_1114.jpg

I like Bernie. Cruz is a fuckhead. Cruz won the debate. I don't think there was a separate 'post-debate' poll, but Cruz got more votes in the original (pre/post combined) one.

Cruz took an early lead, Bernie did alright for a while but couldn't keep it together in the end. Cruz is just a much better debater.

I don't see Junk doing nearly as well against Ben.

You would have to be completely issue illiterate to think Cruz won in proving his position on any substantive issues.

Cruz is one of the elite debaters in Ivy League history, but those are issue-agnostic. Even a great debater is useless when he has to defend positions that are not logically defensible. The Ivy League didn't have Cruz defending debunked supply side economics and corporate boot licking against professionals in public policy.

I think he does a good job of not relying on religious arguments. He explicitly claims he does not use the Bible to back up policy preferences.

This is a canard used by a lot of religious fundamentalists.

Here is the real question: Are there any doctrines in orthodox Judaism in direct conflict with any of Shapiro's stated moral or philosophical positions?

If not, you know he's just a shill for the Beanie God.

Intellectually, this is a complete mismatch. Shapiro will walk all over him.

But liberals will feel Cenk won, regardless of what happens.

Ben will massacre him, and Cenk will respond smugly to every spanking he takes as if he's wrecking shop.

It happened when Sam Harris obliterated him.

Here is the real question: Are there any doctrines in orthodox Judaism in direct conflict with any of Shapiro's stated moral or philosophical positions?

He is pro SSM. That's a huge one right there. He is against the welfare state, and many, many people have made the argument that said stance goes against the Bible.

For the record, I'm a Christian and I also believe gay people should be allowed to marry. There is no contradiction to resolve, because we don't legislate based on morality. Theocracies are inherently illiberal.

Fundamentalists of all kinds. This is a big issue with the discourse that I see. Other than some message-board rubes and elderly talk-radio listeners, no one really believes that regressive tax cuts grow the economy, that climate change is a hoax (or that humans don't cause it), etc. And any reasonably intelligent (or well-trained) person will easily see through the arguments in favor of it.

But people like Shapiro (think George Will or Newt Gingrich, etc.) have mastered the art of appearing intelligent to rubes, and as long as they says what people want to hear, rubes will feel good about it. Cenk is like Ratigan in that his appeal is the opposite. People who are used to hearing bloodless logical arguments for their positions want someone who gets as passionate as right-wingers do, and they cheer it on. But just as Shapiro is respected but not quite embraced by a lot of the right, a lot of liberals like Cenk but don't respect him.

Back