Celebrity healer, featured in Oprah, accused of rape

Cuauhtemoc

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It has been a big deal in Brazil these past few days. That guy, João de Deus, or John of God, real name João Teixeira de Faria, was a medium and supposed magical healer.
It was an open secret he was a scammer and a molester, although nobody knew how serious it was, and had already been under multiple investigations dealing with sexual abuse.
Ms. Oprah, thought it was a good idea to make a show about him. His fame skyrocketed leading more women to be raped by him.
He is now under arrest for multiple accounts of rape, statutory rape of minors and illegally practicing medicine.
I'm not sure how big of a deal it's since Trump is the POTUS, but supporting that kind of man doesn't bode well for a possible presidential candidate.
Oprah has already removed from the internet the show and she is working overtime to get it banned from youtube.
Here is the main english source for the history (there are a few mistakes, omissions):
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/11/world/americas/brazil-healer-john-of-god.html

Some of the more bizarre...stuff:
maxresdefault.jpg

That's Zahira, the dutch girl who went there to get his treatment. He led her into a small room and asked for a blowjob. She did it out of fear. She got angry and went back a few days later to confront him, alone, in the same room. He led her into the bathroom and had sex with her, she said she froze.
Fuck that guy but I'm not even sure he can get convicted for that. She went alone, twice, and had sex with him without any use of force, she was just too confused to say no. He is over 70 years old, btw.

American Amy Biank, said she saw a woman cleaning a white creamy substance from the mouth of a kid, when she asked what was it the woman said it was ectoplasm. That was a common occurrence there. People would get out of his room covered in ectoplasm.
"Ectoplasm"
img563a0c3a0623b.jpg

John of God, after giving his followers their daily dose of ectoplasm

How gullible are people? He was an illiterate rapist, living in the middle of nowhere and he was able to attract people from all over the world to get raped there by claiming to be a spiritual healer.

Featuring an entrepreneur on your show who ends up committing a crime does not reflect poorly on your show. It sounds like she is doing the right thing, which is revoking any endorsement she has made and eliminating him from her show's history.

Just the term "celebrity healer" has shady/scammer written all over it.

That's Zahira, the dutch girl who went there to get his treatment. He led her into a small room and asked for a blowjob. She did it out of fear. She got angry and went back a few days later to confront him, alone, in the same room. He led her into the bathroom and had sex with her, she said she froze.
Fuck that guy but I'm not even sure he can get convicted for that. She went alone, twice, and had sex with him without any use of force, she was just too confused to say no. He is over 70 years old, btw.

I am so confused by this.

I guess I'll tip toe around the "And you get a..." joke here.

Anyways, what can you do? I doubt she knew what this guy was all about.

Featuring an entrepreneur on your show who ends up committing a crime does not reflect poorly on your show. It sounds like she is doing the right thing, which is revoking any endorsement she has made and eliminating him from her show's history.
Sure, except he was an "entrepreneur" and he was already accused of rape by then. He was also a "spiritual healer", never believe these guys.

Zahira's youtube channel, she seems a bit crazy:

I
Some of the more bizarre...stuff:
maxresdefault.jpg

How gullible are people? He was an illiterate rapist, living in the middle of nowhere and he was able to attract people from all over the world to get raped there by claiming to be a spiritual healer.

She blew with a 70-year old man out of fear and then returned and had sex with him out of fear?

<{fry}>

This story is weird and I don't like it.

So she's suppose to have a dossier on every mother fucker running thru the bush?

How would you even vet a guy like that?

You mf'ers been trying to come for Queen Winfrey since she shitted on the beef industry, and yall have failed.

Yall love trying to destroy those that actually practice philanthropy while giving your money to Under Armor thinking its going to the WWP.

soooo... is that all Oprah's fault based on the title of the thread???

lol

Very true. However I blame her for frequently hosting guests who pander to pseudoscience and who end up bilking people out of money.

We used to have a village idiot where I live, who claimed himself Jesus, carried a huge cross and claimed to be able to do "magic". Even as kids we would chuckle at him, calling him "vara-Jeesus", or "substitute Jesus". Somehow nobody ever took him seriously. No woman was foolish enough to involve themselves with him, and he certainly never made it to any TV shows. Turns out the guy had a brain tumor which rendered him insane, and which he eventually died from.

I feel sorry for the kids that were abused as a result of this scumbag, but as far as the adults are concerned, I have very little sympathy for their plights. If you do not know better, you're an endangerment to yourself and your family.

Back