Media Cejudo might beat TJ and move to ONE

They won't do shit. They hold his contract. He can sit out for years and still be under contract.

So weird how so many of you just don't understand contracts.

We understand this option very well
No one said though that it's applicable in case a fighter's division doesn't EXIST.

In case it does, there is no rationale for UFC to do so with Cejudo....and terrorist snitch will make huge waves if any of this happens

Yeah, the greatest fighter at a weight class adults with growth issues competes in. I'll call CNN.

Funny thing is: Cejudo wins gold medal in Olympics in the same weight class, and no one considers it an issue and everyone is proud of him.

But apparently shertards have more understanding in human growth than these moronic Olympics/wrestling fans ... You, for example, surely are at least Doctor of Orthopedics

Last edited:
Funny thing is: Cejudo wins gold medal in Olympics in the same weight class, and no one considers it an issue and everyone is proud of him.

But apparently shertards have more understanding in human growth than these moronic Olympics/wrestling fans ... You, for example, surely are at least Doctor of Orthopedics

Actually, I'm a board-certified gynecologist from the School of Hard Knocks Class of 69'.

Regardless I'm not negating Henry's talent, but unless Olympic wrestling has punches and kicks which last I checked it didn't, Henry in for an uphill battle his predecessor wasn't prepared for either.

https://canadianmmalawblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/eddie-alvarez-contract.pdf
Section V states the bout agreement dictates the terms of said bout. There is nothing in this contract dictating weight classes. If the contract 9which dictates the broad terms of promotion and not specific matches) stated weight classes then to have a catchweight fight or fighter switch weight would require a completely new contract.

They would definitely require a new contract. Fighters aren't obligated to take catchweight fights. We've seen them turn it down.

They would definitely require a new contract. Fighters aren't obligated to take catchweight fights. We've seen them turn it down.
It does require a new bout agreement. Bout agreements dictate the terms of each individual bout and are a separate action from the contract. That is also how fighters get extra money for taking certain fights. The contract might be a 15/15 with 2k escalators but they can write a bout agreement for any amount above that if the UFC so desires, and they do sometimes.

It does require a new bout agreement. Bout agreements dictate the terms of each individual bout and are a separate action from the contract. That is also how fighters get extra money for taking certain fights. The contract might be a 15/15 with 2k escalators but they can write a bout agreement for any amount above that if the UFC so desires, and they do sometimes.

Henry said he believes his contract (eg, his promotional contract) specifies being offered fights at 125lbs.

It wouldn't surprise me if his management negotiated terms requiring bouts at 125lbs in his most recent contract.

If that is the case, then the UFC would be in breach for non-performance after closing the division.

For those interested, when Eddie Alvarez accepted an offer from the UFC, his contract became public record from the litigation that followed, entered as an exhibit.

One thing you might note, the UFC was contractually obligated to offer him fights at lightweight, more specifically a fast track to a title shot in the 155lbs division.

We haven't seen Henry's contract of course, but if it has language like Eddie's the UFC may be required to renegotiate a new deal.

A lot of folks posting in here are not familiar with UFC contracts.

Henry said he believes his contract (eg, his promotional contract) specifies being offered fights at 125lbs.

It wouldn't surprise me if his management negotiated terms requiring bouts at 125lbs in his most recent contract.

If that is the case, then the UFC would be in breach for non-performance after closing the division.

For those interested, when Eddie Alvarez accepted an offer from the UFC, his contract became public record from the litigation that followed, entered as an exhibit.

One thing you might note, the UFC was contractually obligated to offer him fights at lightweight, more specifically a fast track to a title shot in the 155lbs division.

We haven't seen Henry's contract of course, but if it has language like Eddie's the UFC may be required to renegotiate a new deal.

A lot of folks posting in here are not familiar with UFC contracts.
I posted eddies contract earlier. The only language within it about any weight class was that he was "intended" to have a lightweight title fight. Pass that single fight there was no contractual language about any weight classes. That is dictated within the bout agreements. Look at Jessica eye's bout agreement here.
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/pai...ontract-bout-paige-vanzant-says-fight-turned/

I imagine that the worst case scenario for the UFC is they end up with a 125 lb champion who has completed his contract. They agree to a one fight deal and just buy them out. Fighter paid, division dissolved.

I posted eddies contract earlier. The only language within it about any weight class was that he was "intended" to have a lightweight title fight.

Right, so we can say for certain, the UFC has had at least one other promotional contract that included specific terms on weight class.

Ergo, Henry may have some language in his contract, that specifies the 125lbs division. If thats true, then as Henry stated, its possible the UFC will be in breach for non-performance.

In that case they would need to make him a deal he's happy with, and resign him. Others stating in here that they could just sit on him don't know what they are talking about. Either some terms regarding 125lbs are stated in his contract, or they are not. We don't know right now.

That is dictated within the bout agreements. Look at Jessica eye's bout agreement here.
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/pai...ontract-bout-paige-vanzant-says-fight-turned/

Bout agreements specify the date and location as well, where the promotional contract generally does not. That doesn't mean anything.

Having weight class terms specified in your promotional contract is completely unrelated to the nature of bout agreements having such details in them.

https://canadianmmalawblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/eddie-alvarez-contract.pdf
Section V states the bout agreement dictates the terms of said bout. There is nothing in this contract dictating weight classes. If the contract (which dictates the broad terms of promotion and not specific matches) stated weight classes then to have a catchweight fight or fighter switch weight would require a completely new contract.

Interesting. I will research it when I have time.

How come I never heard about UFC contract being published?
Everybody sees it as an absolute unknown mystery and suddenly this one just sits there, for 4 years?
Is it proven to be real?

TJ wins it then vacates it. End of the division. Every flyweight cut and lost
Yeah, I see your point. The upside is that if he wins... he expands his brand as a 2 division champ. If he loses... then that loss gets buried in the land of obscurity (as far as the casuals are concerned)... & he's still the 135 lb champ, so it's a chance to boost TJ as a super hero... with little consequences for the UFC if it doesn't work out.

& the UFC is about to lose Cejudo if they nix the 125 lb division because of the money being offered by the One promotion... so what do they care by making Cejudo the pawn in this game of chance.

Interesting. I will research it when I have time.

How come I never heard about UFC contract being published?
Everybody sees it as an absolute unknown mystery and suddenly this one just sits there, for 4 years?
Is it proven to be real?
It was because Eddie got caught in a lawsuit against bellaltor for not releasing him. Bellator claimed they offered the same contract as the UFC and Eddie believed the inherent value of the UFC contract was much higher. The contract then became submissible in the courts.

It was because Eddie got caught in a lawsuit against bellaltor for not releasing him. Bellator claimed they offered the same contract as the UFC and Eddie believed the inherent value of the UFC contract was much higher. The contract then became submissible in the courts.

Yeah, but I still surprised nobody uses it to research UFC contracts and acts like it's an absolute enigma.
MMA media included...

Yeah, but I still surprised nobody uses it to research UFC contracts and acts like it's an absolute enigma.
MMA media included...
Lots of sites did detailed breakdowns of the contract when it became public. The reality is its better clickbait to act like the evil empire is screwing everyone 24/7 behind oz's curtain instead of talking about things that are known. It is hard to manufacture fake outrage when you see the actual details in front of you

Back