Media Cejudo might beat TJ and move to ONE

This is pure speculation. We've only heard contracts signed by number of fights. People regularly fight in other divisions or miss weight and we've never heard anything that affects their contracts due to it. A 6 fight deal for example has always been a 6 fight deal regardelss of how many fights were in one division or the other. This is why I highly doubt, contracts are based on divisions but like I said it is still possible since we haven't seen the contracts.

Let's put it this way: sticking divisions in contracts makes legal sense.
Maybe it is not the case since UFC contracts are known to be abusive....

Either way, since Cejudo's manager is terrorist snitch I'm sure they get what they want from UFC eventually

It is actually kind of interesting.
How does the UFC contract works when they dissolve the division you fight in.
I dont think they can force you to move up, and can they really force you to sit on the bench when they have dissolve the division?

Its going to be interesting to follow for sure.
Also UFC cut a lot of fighters because of the close down, how will they argue their case not letting Henry go (if he wants to)?

Do you know what his contract entails?

Of course I don't , I'm just trying to follow a common sense here.

As i mentioned, there IS a possibility that UFC contracts can force a fighter to move up a division, though it can be a loophole for huge discrimination

It is actually kind of interesting.
How does the UFC contract works when they dissolve the division you fight in.
I dont think they can force you to move up, and can they really force you to sit on the bench when they have dissolve the division?

Its going to be interesting to follow for sure.
Also UFC cut a lot of fighters because of the close down, how will they argue their case not letting Henry go (if he wants to)?
Talking mostly out my ass here, I think the UFC is only required to offer the fights and has zero power to force a fighter to fight. So as long as they offer Cejudo fights then they are not breaching. I also believe the contracts vary between fighters and their managers which is why so many big fighters sign with the terrorist snitch because he probably has a reputation among fighters for getting good terms.

If Cejudo contract specifies only fights at 125 must be offered then he might have grounds for nullification.

5'4 vs 5'7 "Superfight"
Cejudo might beat TJ
giphy.gif

yeah and there will "never" be a 165 lb division too

Of course I don't , I'm just trying to follow a common sense here.

As i mentioned, there IS a possibility that UFC contracts can force a fighter to move up a division, though it can be a loophole for huge discrimination
Tbh i dont know the contracts either. However I lean towards the belief they have verbage that would protect the UFC's interests. They have been doing this too long.

As Henry said himself. The UFC has been lookjng at disolving this division for 2 years.

How many fights does Henry have on his contract? It's my understanding the UFC will renegotiate the contract once you become champion to prevent you from leaving by adding more contractual fights.

What are they going to do with him?
Letting him defend 125 belt when the division is nonexistent?

They'll have to let him go like other flyweights

They will offer him fights at 135. Which will most likely will fulfill their contractual obligations to him. They could offer him meaningless fights at 125 as well. Even if that’s not enough they can tie it up in the courts for a year or two.

I think he is to key to a certain demographic for the UFC for that to happen. But hey i could be wrong.

He doesn't seem to be considered such.

The key to these demographics appears to be Yair...they also tried Grasso, Aldana and Moreno

not possible at all for the time being considering he has a 6 fight contract in the UFC, i dont think they will cut him

The queation is whether they can force him to move up a division legally...

If not, he has a legal case to finish the contract

This is pure speculation. We've only heard contracts signed by number of fights. People regularly fight in other divisions or miss weight and we've never heard anything that affects their contracts due to it. A 6 fight deal for example has always been a 6 fight deal regardelss of how many fights were in one division or the other. This is why I highly doubt, contracts are based on divisions but like I said it is still possible since we haven't seen the contracts.
I remember Chael saying something about his last UFC contract being at LHW but that's the only time I think I've heard something like that mentioned. None of us can be really sure how changing his working conditions would affect his contract. If they're determined to keep him I think they'll work something out though.

I think Cejudo has a point that if they nix his division, then the UFC shouldn't have the right to keep him under contract.

It's a technicality really though since Cejudo keeps talking about moving up & taking that belt.

What doesn't make sense is TJ moving down in weight, to a division that they are nixxing. If it's true that they are nixxing the weight class then you would think they would fight them at 135.

What doesn't make sense is TJ moving down in weight, to a division that they are nixxing. If it's true that they are nixxing the weight class then you would think they would fight them at 135.

TJ wins it then vacates it. End of the division. Every flyweight cut and lost

Im pretty sure the UFC is smart enough to make sure something like that doesnt happen

If cejudo loses I’ll be pretty shocked.

You really think he should be favored of TJ?

TJ might be one of the top 3 p4p fighters in the world right now.....I'm rooting for Henry but I think TJ goes through him like a fucking buzzsaw. MM dodged a bullet.

ONE is gonna be out of business in 2 years. theyre laughing at these deals

Back