Media Cejudo might beat TJ and move to ONE

If the money is right then he definitely should go.

More opportunities for him in ONE.
The fight game is a brutal one.
Get in, get the money, get out.

Last edited:
UFC won't let him go to ONE if he beats TJ and I think he has like a 6 fight contract with UFC anyway. I can see UFC letting him go if he loses though.

Contracts are a bitch ts

That would be great to slap TJ and Dana in the face.

UFC won't let him go to ONE if he beats TJ and I think he has like a 6 fight contract with UFC anyway. I can see UFC letting him go if he loses though.

Contracts are a bitch ts

What are they going to do with him?
Letting him defend 125 belt when the division is nonexistent?

They'll have to let him go like other flyweights

What are they going to do with him?
Letting him defend 125 belt when the division is nonexistent?

They'll have to let him go like other flyweights
Its not like they cant pay him to move up. Which they will

If cejudo loses I’ll be pretty shocked.

I wonder how the contracted champion's clause would function in this case when the division Cejudo is the champion of isn't going to exist anymore?

If, at the expiration of the Term, Fighter is then a UFC champion, the Term shall automatically be extended for the period commencing on the Termination Date and ending on the later of (i) one (1) year from the Termination Date; or (ii) the date on which Fighter has participated in three (3) bouts promoted by ZUFFA, regardless of weight class or title, following the Termination Date ("Extension Term"). Any reference to the Term herein shall be deemed to include a reference to the Extension Term, where applicable.

Not sure the contract forces to fight in any division the org asks.

If they tell him to fight Cormier, he has no say as well?

I highly doubt contracts are based on divisions but it is possible. It could go to court in that case. And obviously nobody is forcing him to fight at HW, the division is closed so he need to cut less and fight in the division up that exists.

I highly doubt contracts are based on divisions but it is possible. It could go to court in that case. And obviously nobody is forcing him to fight at HW, the division is closed so he need to cut less and fight in the division up that exists.

There is nothing "obvious" in legal contract.
A fighter has to be protected from possible discrimination of the company, and putting a fighter against theoretically much bigger opponent is such.

I'm sure the division is written in the contract, and while the fighter is able to make the division requirements ha has a right to stay there

well TJ will smoke him, can do whetever he wants pretty much...

There is nothing "obvious" in legal contract.
A fighter has to be protected from possible discrimination of the company, and putting a fighter against theoretically much bigger opponent is such.

I'm sure the division is written in the contract, and while the fighter is able to make the division requirements ha has a right to stay there
This is pure speculation. We've only heard contracts signed by number of fights. People regularly fight in other divisions or miss weight and we've never heard anything that affects their contracts due to it. A 6 fight deal for example has always been a 6 fight deal regardelss of how many fights were in one division or the other. This is why I highly doubt, contracts are based on divisions but like I said it is still possible since we haven't seen the contracts.

Why not, he had an amazing and unique athletic career and deserves to get some money.

Back