CDC gets list of forbidden words - PC has gone insane

we certainly wouldn't want the cdc making any decisions based on evidence and science.

The only people I see slamming alleged pc behavior are generally those who have to be told what it means to act like a decent human being in the first place.

leftist thread title should be "trump bans transgenders".

Sounds stupid.
So someone at a work meeting 'according to an analyst' said the Trump administration is forcing this on them.
Sounds legit.

Yeah theres like this office in US called The Presidency. It's pretty powerful, or so I've heard.

They're being replaced with this:
"CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes,"

It sounds like ill defined community standards can trump science or evidence.

Youre shitting me?

EDIT: I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords.

Last edited:
This doesn't violate the 1st amendment?

This doesn't violate the 1st amendment?

No and it's not really surprising either. There have been reports of government websites reducing the presence of themes that the administration isn't particularly interested in drawing attention to. Maybe they're reducing the presence of those words to prevent future litigation that might allege "Well, the government acknowledges the importance of X because they reference in Document Y from the CDC."

I don't know, I think the whole thing is silly. It's the same PC stuff that people were screaming and yelling about being so bad before. Still, have to wait for confirmation from other sources before I take this as complete truth.

It's bullshit like this that gives liberalism a bad name. It's like conservatives who worry more about religion than poverty.

dog-whistles.jpg

Dog-whistle Control and Prevention

<Fedor23>

I didn't read that it's the Trump administration who made these rules when I wrote that. So I take the comment back. What I meant was PC culture giving liberalism a bad name.
PC culture is rampant on both sides of the aisle.

PC culture is rampant on both sides of the aisle.
Agreed. I'd argue that conservatives were more PC throughout history, and worldwide still are. Example:

Black people: We want equal rights.
Racist whites: TRIGGERED

Still, liberals are more known nowadays for PC culture, which is not a good look.

Agreed. I'd argue that conservatives were more PC throughout history, and worldwide still are. Example:

Black people: We want equal rights.
Racist whites: TRIGGERED

Still, liberals are more known nowadays for PC culture, which is not a good look.
That's true, but I'd say that it's primarily because of the American right doing a great job of making liberalism itself seem like a weak, and terrible thing.

More dicktatorship behavior. What else is new?

"evidence-based and science-based"

Can't believe anyone with multiple brain cells would think that's a problem.

Can't believe you can't read a little article
"Instead of "science-based" or "evidence-based," the suggested phrase is "CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes," the person said. In other cases, no replacement words were immediately offered."

"Instead of just saying science, it says science AND community standards and wishes. So why have a fucking problem with the community being involved in it?
Policy analysts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta were told of the list of forbidden words at a meeting Thursday with senior CDC officials who oversee the budget, according to an analyst who took part in the 90-minute briefing. The forbidden words are "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based.""

These are words to not use for budget. Things like diversity and entitlement and vulnerable are all garbage used for bigoted policies.

OMG Trump did something I have to cry a little fit about it!!!
Go howl at the moon!

Back