CBO releases score on House GOP plan

So it's the republicans fault....You ever think maybe the projections also couldn't forsee a mass exodus of providers and doctors which led to premiums increases...not republicans. Remember you democrats passed Obamacare WITHOUT a single republican vote...this is on you.

nah. this is actually on republicans

nah. this is actually on republicans

If they pass this bill it will be, but the idea of forcing people to buy into a healthcare system they didn't want so you could buy healthcare for those who didn't put in and it failed is solely on you.

idc but what's up with limits for HSAs? They planned to raise contribution limits significantly the last time I heard them talking about it, is this (still?) part of drumpfcare?
Did they change that? I can't read it right now, but the HSA stuff was the one thing I liked about the first draft. I don't really understand the purpose of any limits.

Did they change that? I can't read it right now, but the HSA stuff was the one thing I liked about the first draft. I don't really understand the purpose of any limits.
idk but IIRC they planned to almost double annual contribution limits

If they pass this bill it will be, but the idea of forcing people to buy into a healthcare system they didn't want so you could buy healthcare for those who didn't put in and it failed is solely on you.

here i'll make a compromise. anyone who doesn't pay for healthcare, when they get old or in a horrible wreck and they can't afford it, regardless of age the state under no circumstances has to pay for it.

Deal? Like I'm actually totally fine with this. This or Universal heathcare for all and premium services you can purchase.

Half Measures are bull

Fact: Poor people will lose healthcare and never get it back and they will die if government doesn't give it to them correct???

You know 90% of Americans had health insurance BEFORE Obamacare right? Is that not facts??
Families were also going bankrupt when somebody got sick. The good old days I guess.

Families were also going bankrupt when somebody got sick. The good old days I guess.

It's a good thing government ended that...

here i'll make a compromise. anyone who doesn't pay for healthcare, when they get old or in a horrible wreck and they can't afford it, regardless of age the state under no circumstances has to pay for it.

Deal? Like I'm actually totally fine with this. This or Universal heathcare for all and premium services you can purchase.

Half Measures are bull

In other words, people are responsible for their own well being and decisions...fair enough.

So it's the republicans fault....You ever think maybe the projections also couldn't forsee a mass exodus of providers and doctors which led to premiums increases...not republicans. Remember you democrats passed Obamacare WITHOUT a single republican vote...this is on you.
They also didn't attempt to give input to strengthen and improve the bill but instead obstructed it at every opportunity. You just want people who work full time and are still poor to die so your taxes don't go up because of your fucked up shitty more expensive than almost any industrialized country American health care.

They also didn't attempt to give input to strengthen and improve the bill but instead obstructed it at every opportunity. You just want people who work full time and are still poor to die so your taxes don't go up because of your fucked up shitty more expensive than almost any industrialized country American health care.

Why would they put input into a bill when their argument was the federal government should not be running healthcare in the first place, that fucking retarded. "Hey this car is going to explode but let me help you pick the tires".

10 minutes ago you were crying about hyperbole and here you are saying anyone who doesn't believe in government run healthcare wants poor people to die, this is why I mock you because you can't reason with emotionally charged liberals.

Is anyone actually defending this bill? Pretty sure we can all agree that it's trash and it's going nowhere. It's nothing worth even discussing.

It's a good thing government ended that...

In other words, people are responsible for their own well being and decisions...fair enough.

Seriously bro. I'm a true liberal. I'm all about freedom and not having social shackles on.

I'm in my mid 30's and i'm pretty comfortbale. What is happening is all these dipshit baby boomers voted for politicians who were cuckolds of the rich and they basically created a giant debt from foreign wars, f*cked up healthcare and a land of hyperrich only paying 12% in taxes.

Now they are out of money and too old to work and having nothign saved up or they lost it all in the crash of 2008-2009 and were too stupid to press politicians to get their money back.

these blood suckers will suck the system dry as their medical bills start to skyrocket. Look up how much money a person spends on healthcare in the last 10 years of their life. In the last year, hell in the last money they spend so much money to keep the people alive like vegetables

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...-create-50-of-health-care-costs/#7d05c90128d7 source on that

So it's advantageous for me to want total free market healthcare since I have a stable job that gives me healthcare. The people who will be screwed is the elderly and people ages 25 down and their parents. The government would save billions upon billions

You might want to look at the funding Republicans refused to pass in the congress, along with lists of Republican governors and senators refusing to accept or allocate funds meant to keep premiums and costs down. Nobody, including our democratic elected officials, said Obamacare was perfect from the start. They explained for years that they were open to bipartisan improvements to the bill. Repeal replace was all we heard, for years.

lol death to the olds

if you're serious about health care reform, you should be serious about how to deal with old people, they've been fucking up the rates for everyone.

so you've got obamacare and premiums and deductibles too high to even use, vs no insurance..... at least no insurance doesnt cost you anything <Gordonhat>

The amount of jimmy rustling cased by a bill, that isn't even the actual bill that will cross the presidents desk, brings the LULS.

Seriously though, this is the rights last chance at health care. If they can't put together a "free market" solution to the problem, its single payer, end of story.

America is going to get the healthcare it deserves. Trickle down health care.

The fact is that these people can only get healthcare if government provides it for them correct?

If they cant afford it how are they gonna get it?Is the health care fairy gonna leave it under their pillow? Are you gonna pay for it ? Ofc not

Oh I forgot they can sell that 200$ used Iphone they bought. How much luxury(health care) do you suppose that will buy Snuggles?

23 million people will never get healthcare again.....ever!!!!!

they are dead now, bodies on the street, sea of death

I'm I doing the hysteria right?

"I am I doing the hysteria right?"

Did you go to Trump University?

26 million people losing health coverage AND cuts to medicaid? Who is gonna pay for poor people's medical bills?

Read the CBO report on Obamacare in 2009 vs the CBO report in 2012....

The CBO did a good job with projections in 2009 and in 2012. Overestimated the costs a little, pretty much nailed the decline in uninsured, though missed on the composition a little.

Back