Cauliflower Head

beeran1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
About two weeks ago, I took a hard knee to the forehead during guard passing drills, giving me a golf-ball-sized hematoma on my forehead above my right eye.

It bruised a little, but the swelling went down fairly quickly. It has not completely gone away, however, and I still have a small, hard bump above the ridge of my eyebrow.

I talked to my doc about it a few days ago and he said to just let it run its course and it would go away eventually. As it has not changed in about a week, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking the bump could be dried blood, similar to cauliflower ear. Anyone else ever have anything similar and did it go away on its own?

About two weeks ago, I took a hard knee to the forehead during guard passing drills, giving me a golf-ball-sized hematoma on my forehead above my right eye.

It bruised a little, but the swelling went down fairly quickly. It has not completely gone away, however, and I still have a small, hard bump above the ridge of my eyebrow.

I talked to my doc about it a few days ago and he said to just let it run its course and it would go away eventually. As it has not changed in about a week, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking the bump could be dried blood, similar to cauliflower ear. Anyone else ever have anything similar and did it go away on its own?

I got punched his my chin sometime ago, still got two nuckle bumps. It feels weird thought it would go away bye now, if it dont cause ya pain ignore it, if it does cause you pain ignore it haha

lots of times where swelling occurs, proteins and other "junk" get left behind when the blood leaves the area. If it's any sort of protein residue you might want to try to massage the area to push it away.

Yes,
I have one on each side of my head from jiu jitsu and wrestling. Both are right above the temples at the hairline. They are not noticeable, and no longer hurt, but have been there for about 3-4 years. I have mentioned to my doctor, and he did not say much, but said it will not be a health issue.

was it just swelling or did it bleed? I'm guessing there was no skull fracture?

could be calcified. I have a bump on my forehead that will never go away unless I let them cut it open and essentially sand it down

Exact same thing happened to me, but it looked bad for weeks. Hard to explain at work. The ball did go away, I wouldn't worry.

Back when I did karate before BJJ, I took a really hard elbow to the head from a blackbelt. The swelling went down after a week but there was remnants of the hit for months afterwards.

The thread title made me chuckle, it sounded like the kind of insult that used to be devastating on the playground haha. Hope it clears up for ya, Cauliflower Head!

conjoined-fetus-lady-picture.jpg

but on your forehead?

was it just swelling or did it bleed? I'm guessing there was no skull fracture?

could be calcified. I have a bump on my forehead that will never go away unless I let them cut it open and essentially sand it down

No bleeding, just a lot of swelling that came with a quickness. Think of Cro Cop's head when he fought Pat Barry (I think it was Barry...). Nasty looking.

damn u took a heck of a hit .. i ve hit with knees while shoting for a td and that has never happened to me

The thread title made me chuckle, it sounded like the kind of insult that used to be devastating on the playground haha. Hope it clears up for ya, Cauliflower Head!

Yeah, can anyone translate Cauliflower Head into Portuguese? Bet it'd make a killer BJJ nickname.

Back